1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The box office has no bearing on the film itself.

No.

James Cameron's Titanic is one of the most overrated films of all time (opinion), and it made huge bucks. Why? Because 13 year-old girls finally had their Star Wars. And it undeservedly (opinion) won 11 Oscars. Why? Mostly for two reasons: Box Offfice take, and the Oscars, like most of these idiotic award ceremonies, are more about popularity contests and PC bulls$it then they are about who actually deserves them.

The movie is out now and so should the figures. I hate to lose interest if it takes SS too long to release them. I actually want Wonder Woman more than the other :yess:two

Well, with the price they expect us to pay, they need to deliver perfection.

The bootleg Arrow figure isn't 100% accurate, but at the third of a HT fig, nobody is complaining. So price and 100% quality is a requirement here!

They don't expect anyone to pay anything. People have the choice not to buy them.

It's so weird how nitpicky many people are with Hot Toys now. :lol

Maybe it's mostly a generational, Millennial thing? :huh

I'm 44 years old and the detailing on these 1:6 figures today still blows me away. It seems some people are expecting a 100% accurate representation of the actor/character shrunken down to 12" with zero compromises whatsoever. This is not a realistic expectation, and it's especially frustrating to see so many people continue to ***** and moan at a company that has without a doubt brought the hobby many, many, MANY advances in just a few short years.

My sentiments as well. This is why I invest in and collect them. I think it's extremely difficult to acheive someone's likeness spot on with 100% accuracy in 1/6 scale. And even them, some likenesses are more difficult than others. Some people have very unique features and are difficult to replicate in 1/6 scale.

The movie is out now and so should the figures. I hate to lose interest if it takes SS too long to release them. I actually want Wonder Woman more than the other :yess:two

Well its not Sideshow's call, but Hot Toys'...but yeah, hope they get released soon.

Actually could be out in 3-4 months- not that long of a wait compared to some at 1 year plus!

Just in time for the blu ray!

That is true. When Supes comes out (May-July) it could still possibly be at the tail end of it's theater tenure. Which I still consider to be pretty good.

Then Bats and WW a few months after.

Ordered, my first female figure.
Going to take a risk on the rubber body and from the prototype photos highly pessimistic on the range of articulation.
I'm a sucker for these classic characters. This will be the first nicely renditioned 1/6 of WW.

...Going to take a risk on the rubber body and from the prototype photos highly pessimistic on the range of articulation.
I'm a sucker for these classic characters. This will be the first nicely renditioned 1/6 of WW.

This is the exact reason I'm sitting out of this one and wait for her the one from her solo movie. I'm hoping for improved articulation and more accessories in the next one. I think her outfit is largely the same? (according to THAT picture) I don't expect a new sculpt, but at least includes her hood and a functional lasso, maybe? Just maybe? I want a WW as well and she rocked in BvS, but I'll wait.

uploadfromtaptalk1459292352699.jpg This is why I ordered Wonder Woman. Having these three displayed together is too much awesomeness to pass up. The Trinity will be mine, lol!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Actually could be out in 3-4 months- not that long of a wait compared to some at 1 year plus!

Just in time for the blu ray!

People want perfection so you can not expect a bunch of figures before a film is out or is just out. It takes over a year to make a figure. To go from start to ready to sell. At least(most of the time it's longer). A lot of films don't even have the final costume done till 6 months before. And any CG elements are not locked until weeks before a film hits theaters. And things change. Hulks pants in Aou where changed only a few months before the film hit theaters. Sometimes colors are tweaked. Or a whole character is cut.

It's just not a good idea to have figures ready at film release.

People want perfection so you can not expect a bunch of figures before a film is out or is just out. It takes over a year to make a figure. To go from start to ready to sell. At least(most of the time it's longer). A lot of films don't even have the final costume done till 6 months before. And any CG elements are not locked until weeks before a film hits theaters. And things change. Hulks pants in Aou where changed only a few months before the film hit theaters. Sometimes colors are tweaked. Or a whole character is cut.

It's just not a good idea to have figures ready at film release.

As much as I want my figures, I would agree with this. If releasing them sooner means possibly sacrificing quality, then I'm not in favor of that.

Back