1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you're telling me that you can't prove that The Dark Knight was better than Batman and Robin?

I only mentioned cars as an example of something similar.

You can not. It's entirely subjective.

The only measurable you can compare and prove is box office hual(or tickets used). That doesn't mean one is better then the other, it means it performed better at the box office.

You asked the question so I'll restate it to you...can YOU PROVE one is better? If so how?

How do you prove an opinion? You can't. That's why it's an opinion.

:exactly:

Unfortunately, there's a lot of people in positions of power that know this.

I think it was George Carlin that said, "Never argue with idiots. They will only attempt to bring you down to their level, and then beat you through experience."

Yup for sure, let them fight w/ each other, rather than with the real problems. George Carlin is/has always been on point and has a silver tongue. Another is "never sink to a pigs level, they will just bring you down and get you "dirty"". But it plays well to the mainstream schleps today.

Yup for sure, let them fight w/ each other, rather than with the real problems. George Carlin is/has always been on point and has a silver tongue. Another is "never sink to a pigs level, they will just bring you down and get you "dirty"". But it plays well to the mainstream schleps today.

I generally think that the people that are the most "offensive" without actually intending to be offensive tend to be the ones that are most on point.

Just because something is truthful doesn't mean it's offensive; it's only "offensive" because people generally know it's the truth.

The only measurable you can compare and prove is box office hual(or tickets used). That doesn't mean one is better then the other, it means it performed better at the box office.

You asked the question so I'll restate it to you...can YOU PROVE one is better? If so how?

Critically: The Dark Knight 94%. Batman and Robin 11%

Audience Score: The Dark Knight 94%. Batman and Robin 16%.

Box Office: The Dark Knight $1 Billion. Batman and Robin $238 Million

The Dark Knight is better than Batman and Robin based on the opionion of the masses, financially, and critically.

Sure, who can say they liked Batman and Robin and say they enjoyed it more than The Dark Knight... but to say it was a better movie is wrong.

Quality of acting, most suitable pacing, strength of storyline, quality of imagery, etc. I know you're now going to tell me that whether or not Nicolas Cage is a better actor than Christian Bale is entirely down to opinion, so I think I'll leave it at that.

The Dark Knight is better than Batman and Robin based on the opionion of the masses, financially, and critically.

Sure, who can say they liked Batman and Robin and say they enjoyed it more than The Dark Knight... but to say it was a better movie is wrong.

:clap

Thank you.

Quality of acting, most suitable pacing, strength of storyline, quality of imagery, etc. I know you're now going to tell me that whether or not Nicolas Cage is a better actor than Christian Bale is entirely down to opinion, so I think I'll leave it at that.

Holy crap, man. Do you really not understand the difference between subjective and objective?

This is bordering on ridiculous.

With the exception of box office revenue, the other two categories are still based on people's opinions.

No one quarrels about your opinion of your wife/gf but why is everyone quarrelling about opinion on a movie?

I think he really think it's fact. Which is scary. And explains a lot.

His post about which is the better guitarist is a clear example that he does not understand the difference between the two.

So many people can not see past their own life and experience.

I concur with this.

It's actually pretty scary when people have legitimately talked themselves into genuinely believing something that is merely their opinion, is indeed a "fact". That's partly what causes people to take on the mentality that you either agree with their opinions and beliefs, or you're wrong. That their opinion carries more weight than yours, that their rights supersede yours, etc. Like you said, a lot of people are unfortunately very myopic and can't see anything beyond themselves.

Like rdean stated earlier, I believe this is partly the reason why we have the current state of affairs in so many of the hot issues today.

That's pretty sad actually... the internet is a wonderful invention, but sadly allows people like this to post what amounts to a waste of storage space... but that's just my opinion! :wink1:

(You know it's a parody, right?)

That video review was the coolest thing I've seen on the internet since Sad Affleck. And yes, I can't wait for Batman, Spider-Man and Wonder Woman to form the Avengers.

6 out of 5 stars.

I'm really looking forward to this figure. Getting it for free helps. (Tip of my cap to ssc rewards points!)

I think it's the best looking Female figure so far. All the figures from this movie are great, IMO. Batman and WW scream classic comic look and supermans costume is a pretty good update in the classic look. (Can't really say it screams classic comic without the inside out undies..but I get why you wouldn't want that look lol)

I agree, Motux.

Seeing the film just made me that much more impatient for the figures I already had on PO before seeing the film, and inspired me to PO Armored Bats and likely Apocalypse Bats when it comes out.

I'm generally not a WW fan, but this rendition of her makes her interesting and her costume is pretty cool as well. I think this figure looks great.

It would suck if this seamless body ended up restricting her pose-ability or make her body look weird if it was bent seeing how dynamic she was in the film and in the battle

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a statue. :lol A pretty-looking statue but a statue nonetheless.

12189625_1003413926404162_8010465751470877691_n.jpg

12472474_1003413969737491_7091051538378629165_n.jpg

12246768_1003413939737494_4224154890356712223_n.jpg

12717975_1003413936404161_8232048660512223302_n.jpg

Back