1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange to say but I am just as excited to see the body and what HT is doing with it. IF they retain the rubber material they used on Gamora and the plastic armature this will be terribly brittle and may suffer from a lot of broken armatures. Or did they approach Phicen or copied their version? I would really be excited to learn if HT is adapting new technology and if they will apply to others of their figures.

I don't really have an issue with the sculpt. I mean it's not spot on, but I don't think it's as bad as what some people are making it out to be. I think you can tell that it's her. There's only a handful of sculpts I can say that are utterly spot on. I think it's difficult to nail down someone's likeness spot on in 1/6 scale, and some liknesses are easier than others.

But for those who did like it, their perspective is the exact opposite (Like it or not, it's a good film. It's like people can't accept that). So who's to dictate whose opinion is "right"? Rhetorical question, because the answer is nobody, it's all subjective. Just because someone's opinion is that it's bad doesn't make it a "fact" that it's a bad film, simply because that's what YOU thought because conversely, someone who thought it was good can easily say it's a "fact" that it's good simply because that's what THEY thought.

And all I did was post the actual statistics from four major review sites, and how they unanimously showed (rare for all 4) that the majority of viewers enjoyed the movie. That's all. It's almost as if..."they couldn't accept that". Lol. It's just the math. Oh well. But seriously, to each their own. Who cares. I'm a diehard comic book fan and I loved it, and some of my friends who are also diehard fans didn't like it. F it. [emoji106]

I like the piece, it looks nice, it looks clean.

But it still doesnt look like wonder woman.

Not a problema from Hot Toys, but from the movie itself.

I dont see Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. She is a good actress, just not for the role.

I think a bigger, more voluptuous actress should have been wonder woman.

And the dress isnt the best too.

Like what Hot Toys did, but the carácter is poorly represented.

All in my opinion of course.

Strange to say but I am just as excited to see the body and what HT is doing with it. IF they retain the rubber material they used on Gamora and the plastic armature this will be terribly brittle and may suffer from a lot of broken armatures. Or did they approach Phicen or copied their version? I would really be excited to learn if HT is adapting new technology and if they will apply to others of their figures.

I fell the same. The headsculpt likeness could be better (and might be improved), but it's already an nice one, IMO.

Depending on the body, I might buy it.

And to tell you the truth, I do feel "blessed" with the DC cinematic universe, I loved all representations. Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman, IMO.

Saw the movie a 2nd time yesterday and was baffled, cause I didn't think I could like her even more.

It's so weird how nitpicky many people are with Hot Toys now. :lol

Maybe it's mostly a generational, Millennial thing? :huh

I'm 44 years old and the detailing on these 1:6 figures today still blows me away. It seems some people are expecting a 100% accurate representation of the actor/character shrunken down to 12" with zero compromises whatsoever. This is not a realistic expectation, and it's especially frustrating to see so many people continue to ***** and moan at a company that has without a doubt brought the hobby many, many, MANY advances in just a few short years.

I'm 44 years old and the detailing on these 1:6 figures today still blows me away. It seems some people are expecting a 100% accurate representation of the actor/character shrunken down to 12" with zero compromises whatsoever. This is not a realistic expectation, and it's especially frustrating to see so many people continue to ***** and moan at a company that has without a doubt brought the hobby many, many, MANY advances in just a few short years.

Well, with the price they expect us to pay, they need to deliver perfection.

The bootleg Arrow figure isn't 100% accurate, but at the third of a HT fig, nobody is complaining. So price and 100% quality is a requirement here!

You can not. It's entirely subjective.

The only measurable you can compare and prove is box office hual(or tickets used). That doesn't mean one is better then the other, it means it performed better at the box office.

You asked the question so I'll restate it to you...can YOU PROVE one is better? If so how?

How do you prove an opinion? You can't. That's why it's an opinion.

Uh there are ways to prove with technical proficiency, as in, it was a better made film through film making standards.

Unless you want to just spit on film making and say there is no such thing and it's all subjective or whatever.

damn those panty flashes

HiOSBfX.jpg

thats a good idea but the current but I doubt it, at only 17 points of articulation (even with possible armor restrictions) it is way below phicen standards.Even phicen's older models had abut 28 points and the new stainless steel versions are incredible. Although it would end up being expensive it might be good to replace with one of phicen's new models. Its not like many of us are posing these collectible in extreme conditions for a long time but it sucks to be severely limited and run into damage problems.

You are so right, very well said.

Then what made you PO? Ordered and cancelled in the same week, that's funny.

Yes - ordered it cause I do like the figure. Sometimes the sculpts grow on you and sometimes as you spend time looking at the pics, you definitely go on either of the two sides - acceptable or not. This is a very borderline sculpt and it truly does not look like gal gadot. Hot toys have always struggled with women sculpts and Leah has actually created a new standard (that sculpt is spot on) This sculpt is no where close on accuracy as that one.
So yes I ordered it and cancelled it within a week. Have you never cancelled an order before? :) also if it improves later by any means I will reorder - :) but for now does not deserve a spend. She is quite off actually.

Back