1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to those saying that the Hot Toys Black Widow doesn't look like Scarlett Johansson... albeit I only own the Winter Soldier version but it looks spot on to me but the Civil War one so far that I have seen... the likeness looks off.

Yeah, I never understood the people who don't see Scarlett in the Winter Soldier Black Widow sculpt either. To me that head looks exactly like her; it's perfect. It would have been nice if her facial expression weren't so neutral, but still, it looks exactly like Scarlett to me.

It's funny that all the photo solicitation for this is just STATIC statue poses and not one action pose. Why? because we'll see how ugly the rubber folds at the elbows and knees?

It's basically 1/6 scale non-poseable WW Statue

I think it's close, hopefully it will be tweaked some before release. They can't go backwards after releasing a nice Scarlett Witch sculpt. Just my opinion. Still ordering it, because I need this on my shelf, lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's funny that all the photo solicitation for this is just STATIC statue poses and not one action pose. Why? because we'll see how ugly the rubber folds at the elbows and knees?

It's basically 1/6 scale non-poseable WW Statue

We all know that.

Of all the female characters that deserve a tough/determined/fearless expression, Wonder Woman is at the top of the list. When Wonder Woman puts on her tiara, momma is going to work. And someones about to get spanked. Thats how she should look.

Just because its a Hot Toys figure, I'm going to jump in the bandwagon. Well, NO WAY!!! Hot Toys needs to do more work on the likeness and the facial expression (which is totally annoying)!!:gah: Should be more serious or a bit angry expression and hope you had improve on the seamless body since GAMORA!!
So, I'll just pass on this!! I want a Batman vs Superman WW figure and not a freaking BARBIE WONDER WOMAN!!:mad:
There's a solo movie and maybe you can do better figure base on it.:dunno
ww1200_article_story_large.jpg
36190303ww-bracelets-1280-1458339221619_1280w.jpg

....I think the sculpt looks very close. What makes comparison so challenging is that nearly all the screen captures on this thread show her making that angry looking expression.. If there's a screen capture of her not making that 'gonna kick your....' expression, I think you'd see the sculpt is actually very close.

The close up skin textures look crazy though... like she's got a skin condition going on... or something. It's too rough... Perhaps it's just the lighting, but she looks really pale here as some have mentioned... perhaps a bit darker by a shade or so.... lighting is so important here.

...I would like to also throw in my support of seamless bodies... ...hopefully HT has addressed the cracking issues described. I've got a Dark Knight in a rubber suite and it has no signs of cracking... I have had issues with joint pegs breaking though. I like the figures standing without that crotch post.... seems weird to have that post up ...you know where....

Don't think it's that far out. Maybe that's just me.

I would concur. I don't think it's that far off, but I do think it's not spot on. Just a few little tweaks here and there. I think it's difficult to nail someone spot on in 1/6 scale. Some people are easier than others.

I can't wait for next week though when the tide changes and everyone starts saying how bad ass this sculpt looks. :lol

They did a pretty good job with Scarlet witch and agent Hill. I would even say Pepper Pots is not bad either. But this is all wrong, cause the actress playing the role is all wrong. They should've kept her alive for Fast 7. My wonder woman has blue eyes and is a lot more than attractive than Gal Gadot. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty, but they could've at least gave her blue contacts for the role. And Hot Toys you are a complete fail, cause you can only do a handful of women sculpts with any degree of accuracy.

Kinda OT, just came back from watching the movie
and her first appearance on Wonder Woman suit was very bad ass on the movie, people at my theatre were in awe

Kinda OT, just came back from watching the movie
and her first appearance on Wonder Woman suit was very bad ass on the movie, people at my theatre were in awe

wow that's good to hear! I've heard nothing but great things about WW as brief as her part is in the film

wow that's good to hear! I've heard nothing but great things about WW as brief as her part is in the film

well, her civilian appearance is kinda a sex appeal/eye candy scene, but her Wonder Woman appearance, yeah, Snyder knows how to make a bad ass scene :panic:

Neither do I.

If you like this figure; fine. If not, that's okay too. It doesn't, or shouldn't, matter what anyone else thinks.

It's nothing but opinions and it's all subjective anyway.

Exactly, DS.

When you purchase a figure, the only person whose collection it's going into, is yours. So all that matters is if it looks good to you or not. Don't let others' opinions dictate what looks good to you or not based on what does or doesn't look good to them.

Their opinions aren't any more or less valid than yours.

The face looks a little bit like the actress who played Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron doesn't it?

And who might that be?

And to those saying that the Hot Toys Black Widow doesn't look like Scarlett Johansson... albeit I only own the Winter Soldier version but it looks spot on to me but the Civil War one so far that I have seen... the likeness looks off.

It's the same one used in Age of Ultron version.

The price might even be a good signal. I read somewhere that one of the reason most companies don't go the Phicen route is the cost of their body technology. That's why most Phicen are a bit pricey for their smaller licenses (or lack of).

Maybe this new Hot toys body will really be game changer.

To me the headsculpt looks dead on. More curious about the new body and how it'll hold up in action poses.

Back