1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of a complicated solution if you, or know someone with the tools, I would use an X-Acto manual mini drill, a piece of brass rod and super glue; drill a hole in each piece at the points of the break. I use a manual drill because a Dremel is hard to control with precision for small parts like that. I've fixed a few breaks of this kind, on figure joints, accessories (rifles, etc.) and even diecast cars (like a broken axle).

Or, I would contact your retailer or Hot Toys directly to see what they can do, with maybe a little fib that the peg broke with just some minor posing, or that it was already broken in the package!

Finally got her posed-up with a couple of her buddies from the League:

3CEFC02D-F6D5-48A7-BD09-F707361E771F.jpg

Guys, I could use some advice of yours. While trying to do a pose, I broke her foot. Shame on me...

View attachment 382148

What can I use to fix this? Thanks in advance!

I actually have one of these that I have no need for. When customizing my WW, I purchased the Pparted out HT WW boots. I didn't need the feet inside the boots so I removed them. I broke one peg but the other came out whole. PM if you want it. or email me directly at [email protected].

HEAT VISION
Zack Snyder has shared a look at his 'Man of Steel' leading man donning the costume for the first time.
This was the suit that made you believe a man could fly.

Director Zack Snyder has shared a simple photo of Henry Cavill from his test for 2013's Man of Steel — and he's wearing the suit that original big-screen Superman Christopher Reeve made famous.

"First test with Henry... I knew right away he was my Superman," Snyder wrote on Vero, where he shared the photo.

It's the best look yet of Cavill donning Reeve's suit (a previous photo that surfaced in 2014 blurred Cavill).

"We didn’t have the suit made when Henry was auditioning, so he wore the original Christopher Reeve suit," Snyder told Dejour in 2016. "He put it on and when he came out of the trailer, everyone was like, 'Dang, you’re Superman!'"

Cavill recalled the first time he put on this costume in a 2011 interview with Total Film.

"It's extremely cool. There’s no other feeling like it," he said. "They just put it on, I turned around and looked in the mirror and you can’t really play it cool — you sort of guffaw and laugh. I thought 'OK, holy hell, this is real, it’s not a joke anymore. This is it … you’re doing it, you’re right in the middle of it.'"

Cavill is set to appear in November's Justice League, though so far no footage of Superman in the film has been released. The character, who died at the end of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, may be returning with a costume very different from both Reeve's version and his own Man of Steel version.

Or you could also always just put the MoS Supes sculpt on the Reeve Superman body. It'd look something like that. :lol

I meant this dude:

I find him a bit freaky...
Anyway, I was wondering if you'd used the same body he used, since your custom seems to fit the armor much better.

That mod looks terrible. She looks like a corpse. This is the first time I've heard someone describe the body as like a barbie doll's body. I'm now thinking this may last and not deteriorate like it would if it was rubber. Maybe I'll order the JL version now. And her name is pronounced Gah-DOT.

My Superman is the Sideshow suit on a Phicen M34 body with a custom KO Cavill sculpt. I really like it.
For my custom classic suit Cavil, i used Hot Toys M.O.S head and body with the Steve Reeve suit made by Mattel for their Matty club Superman figure release. I need to replace that cape though. You can see it in this link: https://youtu.be/voYBTAoDM5U

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Finally got my HT Wonder Woman for Christmas and just tried some poses. Unfortunately the more I futz the hair, the worse it looks :gah: I remember seeing some tips on this thread months ago but don't really feel like rooting through the past few hundred pages! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also has anyone else had issues with the left knee? Mine seems to have less flexibility than the right one.

Finally got my HT Wonder Woman for Christmas and just tried some poses. Unfortunately the more I futz the hair, the worse it looks :gah: I remember seeing some tips on this thread months ago but don't really feel like rooting through the past few hundred pages! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also has anyone else had issues with the left knee? Mine seems to have less flexibility than the right one.

Here’s my tips

Now normally what I use for her hair is called Water Wax . Problem is it’s not always available , but it is fairly cheap..only around $5.00 plus shipping .

The trick is it’s all in the execution. As an artist I try to pay attention to the slightest detail possible. Researching in this case WW’s film hair. I’ve looked at high resolution stills from both B v S and WW now with the HD blu rays I can pause the video in certain spots and see how they did her hair in that moment. For ex: No Man’s land as I depicted in that previous shot that when she was deflecting the bullets off the shield , her hair was completely hanging over with just a hint of her face at first accenting her long fringes

1. First I completely washed her hair out with shampoo with conditioner , getting rid of any product that HT used

Good YouTube videos on this technique on YouTube..just search “ styling 1/6 rooted hair

2. Lightly took a toothbrush. Not hair, and gently combed her hair ever so slightly

3. While her hair was still wet, I took some wax, rubbed it between my fingers and applied it on her hair .

A. Starting from the top backside of her head. Rubbed very lightly and I do me lightly, the back of her head smoothing out any back tangles or loose hairs, water wax keeps the hair slick but at the same time, keeps the balance of the hair soft and not abrasive while still keeping it looking healthy and natural

B. my execution changes.

C. After applying some extremely small amount of water wax, still rubbing against her locks, but this time I use my fingers and proceed to twist or tangle the bottom fringes or locks that hit her back and shoulders, how little or lot will be your judgement call, this eliminates IMO the frilly and perm that people complain about.

D. Again this is strictly your judgement call, but what I do to the bottom locks is I try to tangle the edges into the Sharp curls with my fingers

E. Again using the same technique as the back with her front curls and fringes with the water wax and tangling method as before up to about the point of her forehead.

What I did again taking a small amount of wax in my fingers and rubbing it on her bangs but now in doing so, I also pull her bangs back so it looks like the wind is rubbing against the front bangs . What you will see happening is that this technique raises the bangs a little above her forehead ever slightly exposing her forehead above the tiara

Ex.. minus the wind blowing against her four head

You could see the bangs on both sides are slightly raised and curved , the wax creates this look. What you want to have is still keep the initial curl HT did on her sculpt but make it more raised and slicked so you get that side ways shape of a half U form that Gal has as WW IMO

Almost forgot, as for the side curls around her face , I just took two fingers , rubbed a bit of wax and just slightly smoothed the edges so you get a wave like shape. At the same time, tucking and gently pulling her side curls away from the face

Just got mine, and actually ended up liking it a bit better than Harley (which is one of my top HT fem figs). Anticipating the cloak and training ver more now.

DSC05226.JPG

And I mean do what you want with your figs but all these phicen swaps always look awful. They were not made to fit HT's outfits and look 100% worse. I've seen it done with Thor, Bats, Arnold, Widow, etc. They all look ****.

Thanks so much for the detailed answer guyver1 :hi5: I think I might pick up a cheap doll to practise on before I try and restyle my WW.

Thanks again for posting all of those pics of the hair, I think I'll probably steal one of your poses too!

Back