1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what SSC will receive first? TFA Luke that released in HK last week, or this figure that released June 30th?

I'm glad it's seamless, I wouldn't have gotten her if she wasn't so I don't see it as a negative. I would rather have her in a slightly articulated museum pose anyway so it suits me really fine. I think there's a lot of subtle stances she makes in the film that portrays her character which don't need the figure to be overly articulated so it all works for me! Just wish the hair was a bit better but I'll see when I get it.

Yeah while it's always nice to have the option, I usually don't find those crazy action poses to be all that convincing anyway since the figure's stoic expression often doesn't match what they're doing. And for me a cool looking museum pose just makes them look a whole lot more believable and realistic.

I wonder what SSC will receive first? TFA Luke that released in HK last week, or this figure that released June 30th?

There's only three weeks left of this month left so if they receive either it better be pretty damn fast . I think what's really shocking imo there is absolutely no preorder yet on SSC on the solo cloaked version and the Tarkin/ Vader two pack set came out of nowhere :dunno

Yeah while it's always nice to have the option, I usually don't find those crazy action poses to be all that convincing anyway since the figure's stoic expression often doesn't match what they're doing. And for me a cool looking museum pose just makes them look a whole lot more believable and realistic.

Trust me, in hand the texture and detailed physique that HT has created for this WW is phenomenal and it's a HT piece you really don't need extreme movement to give it such presence and grace. I honestly don't mind her being in a museum pose

Once the hair is restyled, it's like the icing on the cake :wink1:

Trust me, in hand the texture and detailed physique that HT has created for this WW is phenomenal and it's a HT piece you really don't need extreme movement to give it such presence and grace. I honestly don't mind her being in a museum pose

Once the hair is restyled, it's like the icing on the cake :wink1:

hey guyver1, if possible, would you be able to post a picture with the light on top of the figure. i have the light shinning down on my figures from the top (figure slightly behind the light). just want to see how it looks. would appreciate it.

:impatient: This wait really sucks. :gah:

Agreed. I'm beginning to have doubts/questions about this figure's quality as a result of the many delays. Are they doing it to tease? Do they want it to be considered a Christmas release? Or is there something going on with the figure itself that needs MAJOR correction before it can be distributed? Regardless, this waiting really sucks!!!!

I remember when the bvs batman figures were released in HK the forums were blowing up with pictures. Yet with WW, we only have about 2 people with the figure who are posting pictures.

I know. Pretty sad.

It weird though because timecent has sold around 60 alone. I think hot toys shot themselves in the foot when they showed the JL WW. That head sculpt knocked it out the park. So people would rather wait and have 1 solid figure of wonder woman rather than buying 2 or getting just the HS.

im still on the fence and just waiting for more pictures. I have it on PO and would be getting it for a steal price (£150 inc tax to UK) but im still not sure and might cancel and put that towards the JL WW. ......decisions.....

It weird though because timecent has sold around 60 alone. I think hot toys shot themselves in the foot when they showed the JL WW. That head sculpt knocked it out the park. So people would rather wait and have 1 solid figure of wonder woman rather than buying 2 or getting just the HS.

im still on the fence and just waiting for more pictures. I have it on PO and would be getting it for a steal price (£150 inc tax to UK) but im still not sure and might cancel and put that towards the JL WW. ......decisions.....

That's an incredible price! At that price, cancelling it would make no sense. You could sell it and end up in profit if you don't like it in hand.

Hmmmm. I have to pick and choose my figures when its not batman lol. Sideshow are willing to refund my nrd and transfer my codes and points i used on it as a courtesy. So if JL WW goes up for PO before this ships (which i doubt), i could still get that for a steal price too. Or i will just use it on the tactical suit batman if i decide to cancel

I think anyone banking on selling the BvS figure for a higher price is gonna be disappointed. No one's gonna want to buy it once JL or the solo version is announced.

Just cancelled my po two days ago.
I like Hot Toys, but this head sculpt is just not my cup of tea.

The head sculpt can be done much better, you guys can check the one made by Prime 1 Studio.
I'd rather wait for a better version.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...woman-training-costume-prime-1-studio-903152/

Untitled.jpg
dc-comics-wonder-woman-training-costume-statue-prime1-studio-feature-903152.jpg

Just cancelled my po two days ago.
I like Hot Toys, but this head sculpt is just not my cup of tea.

The head sculpt can be done much better, you guys can check the one made by Prime 1 Studio.
I'd rather wait for a better version.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...woman-training-costume-prime-1-studio-903152/

View attachment 359559
View attachment 359560

Hmm. No offense, but I completely disagree with that statement. No company makes better head sculpts than Hot Toys. Say what you want to about the bodies and accessories et, but HTs head sculpts are the best we currently have to choose from.

Hmm. No offense, but I completely disagree with that statement. No company makes better head sculpts than Hot Toys. Say what you want to about the bodies and accessories et, but HTs head sculpts are the best we currently have to choose from.

I think tlwtw's saying that this version's sculpt isn't that close to gal gadot, which is true. And whilst hot toys is a lot cheaper than a prime 1 statue, they will improve with each new release. Just look at the proto for the justice league wonder woman. So therefore the statement that the sculpt could be done much better is true. No point in buying something that you're not happy with when you know there'll be better options later down the line

for the price... prime 1 paintwork is underwhelming.

HT does a better job at a smaller scale and lower price. To be fair... no collectibles company can beat HT's paint.

I think tlwtw's saying that this version's sculpt isn't that close to gal gadot, which is true. And whilst hot toys is a lot cheaper than a prime 1 statue, they will improve with each new release. Just look at the proto for the justice league wonder woman. So therefore the statement that the sculpt could be done much better is true. No point in buying something that you're not happy with when you know there'll be better options later down the line

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Sorry for not being too clear to others, I was merely talking about the likeness of Gal Gadot, subjectively speaking of course.

Back