1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of people have gotten replacements for paint issues through sideshow. Don't know the policies of the store you bought from but that really sucks if they won't at least exchange it.

Got any photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you can see theres red paint or red stains on the back of the suit, The side of the suit on the blue piping has red & what i think is glue or something that will not wipe off ? the last photo shows the pitting holes on the S glyph outer edge.

K1024_DSC_0059.JPGK1024_DSC_0057.JPGK1024_DSC_0060.JPGK1024_DSC_0061.JPG

The first photo I could personally live with if it's in the back of the suit. Would be covered by the red cape.

However, the stuff on the side though does look pretty tacky and is in a conspicuous location that would be seen. I'd inquire about a replacement or at least exchange the figure and get my money back, then simply purchase a new one elsewhere.

The first photo I could personally live with if it's in the back of the suit. Would be covered by the red cape.

However, the stuff on the side though does look pretty tacky and is in a conspicuous location that would be seen. I'd inquire about a replacement or at least exchange the figure and get my money back, then simply purchase a new one elsewhere.

This[emoji115]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thing is the shop just will not respond to the messages im sending & they have seen the photos i sent it all on messenger so i know they have read & seen these, ive emailed twice now since yesterday morning but there just not bothering to even say anything about it, so trying to get a replacement or refund just aint happening, ive spent £1000's with this shop & this is how they treat you, im done with UK shops over priced & take ages to get anything HK all the way now

Looks nice indeed, one of my current favorite figures in my collection.

I'd be careful about leaving the c-clamp on him though for too long, especially in an elevated pose. I'd personally just put him on a regular generic oval base crotch grabber stand (what I have the majority of all my figures in my collection on), or at the least pick up an extra crotch grabber stand for the BvS bases that came with all the other BvS figures except Superman.

Looks nice indeed, one of my current favorite figures in my collection.

I'd be careful about leaving the c-clamp on him though for too long, especially in an elevated pose. I'd personally just put him on a regular generic oval base crotch grabber stand (what I have the majority of all my figures in my collection on), or at the least pick up an extra crotch grabber stand for the BvS bases that came with all the other BvS figures except Superman.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get a couple. I've got AOU Vision on the same type of stand.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get a couple. I've got AOU Vision on the same type of stand.

I don't have AoU Vision, but I believe that it comes with the option of displaying him with a c-clamp stand for flight poses, or the crotch grabber stand if you want to simply have him standing. Not sure why they didn't include the same option with BvS Superman being that the crotch grabber stand/pole used on the other BvS bases with the other figures is compatible with the Superman base.

Not sure if there is a dedicated thread for this, but I am looking to buy this one. I didn't think I wanted him, but now I regret my choice... If anyone is looking to sell for a decent price, please PM me! Thanks ALL!

So I see a lot of people posting pictures of their figures and their suits are a bit shiney and Superman abs tend to pop. Is it the way you lose the figure and how you take the picture? Or are people repainting the suit? I really want to make mine pop like everyone else's.

So I see a lot of people posting pictures of their figures and their suits are a bit shiney and Superman abs tend to pop. Is it the way you lose the figure and how you take the picture? Or are people repainting the suit? I really want to make mine pop like everyone else's.

Maybe it's the lighting....
OR you need to have him stand with back straight (no hunching)
IMG_5672_1.jpg

I think it's a lighting thing. Looking at mine now in the Detolf with a small amount of daylight on him, his suit looks pretty shiny, abs and thigh muscles definitely have real pop. Once it's dark and I put the artificial light on that muscle definition is lost. Also if I take him out of the cabinet now and put him in full daylight that muscle definition disappears also. For some reason the light has to be at just the right colour and level to see it. :dunno

Lighting I believe has a lot to do with it.

As mentioned, having him stand perfectly straight tends to help as well. I have both my MoS Superman and BvS Superman standing straight and I can still see some ab definition through the suit without shining any sort of light them at all.

Lighting I believe has a lot to do with it.

As mentioned, having him stand perfectly straight tends to help as well. I have both my MoS Superman and BvS Superman standing straight and I can still see some ab definition through the suit without shining any sort of light them at all.

I can certainly see some definition but I know what SanShouXMA means. Under the right light the suit takes on a very different appearance and you get a lot more than a hint of definition. It's just very specific light :lol a little too dim and it's not there, a little too bright and it's not there.

Yeah, as much as I love the Reeve Superman, this one has so much shelf presence. Overall, HT has done a great job with the DCEU figures.

Back