1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I am eye expert here I discovered several variations of paint. For sure those figures are not painted by one person but they must use same method.
Left one is my friend's figure from facebook and right one is mine.As we can see left one has totally different irises without any deep detail and mine even has brown part in the left eye, as Henry has.
Gareth_Edwards.jpg

me now
Captureuyt.jpg

I thought the eyeballs were printed on.

They are. It's a fine decal that is applied and glossed over. It can generally only fit on one way due to the shape of the decal.
In the images above, nothing can really be said to be proof as they are two pics taken from different angles.
But, i do notice Jorje's figure's right eye(On our left), has the decal incorrectly placed and you can see a small sliver of white above the iris. But the eyes are fine otherwise and you'd need a microscope to see it, lol.
People forget this is not pumped out of a machine. It's painted by hand.

The sliver of white on the top of the right eye of Jorje's figure is the first thing I noticed also. Nearly impossible to tell though, unless you take extremely enhanced images like that. :lol

With these being hand made, I think it's nearly impossible for it to be utterly perfect. Near perfect, but I can almost guarantee if you study and vet the figure long enough, you'll find the tiniest blemish somewhere. When it comes down to it though, it's just a 12" inch figure and for being a 12" figure, it's pretty damn good.

Actually I like this blur around the iris it gives more realistic effect. Today my friend got one too from Sideshow and he has same eyes as left one on the picture. Even with fake white reflection/lighting spot on it. I'm talking about paint technique ,textures and details into iris. Very strange.

MOS its funny how simple looks this face next to BvS version.
Gareth_Edwards.jpg
Gareth_Edwards.jpg

haters gonna hate :lol
Gareth_Edwards.jpg

I received my figure yesterday and was a bit scared when I tried to remove the top of the clam-shell packaging and the figure came with...his chest emblem was stuck to the plastic. Fortunately, I was able to free him without problem but still have a small amount of packaging foam under his left armpit that I can't remove, not that it'll be seen. Great figure overall although I wish HT would have included a crotch-grabber, I'm not willing to put a clamp on him until he gets some age on him...he still has that new-car smell.

I received my figure yesterday and was a bit scared when I tried to remove the top of the clam-shell packaging and the figure came with...his chest emblem was stuck to the plastic. Fortunately, I was able to free him without problem but still have a small amount of packaging foam under his left armpit that I can't remove, not that it'll be seen. Great figure overall although I wish HT would have included a crotch-grabber, I'm not willing to put a clamp on him until he gets some age on him...he still has that new-car smell.

You could always try not using the flight stand. I've had my MoS Supes standing on his own for a while, and so far he hasn't fallen.

Congrats on the figure by the way!

Hey use some warm water to clean up the armpit area.
Mine arrived in the same condition and the armpits stayed sticky for a few days.
Hot water and if ypu exposé itdont let the arms close to the body for a few days or it might fuse the suit.
If yu put it back in the box put some little squares of fabric between the arms and armpit.
Better be safe than sorry :)

Thanks olbertfrof, I'll give it a try tonight. I think the suit will become a little less sticky as time goes on and maybe I'll get more comfortable keeping him in a flight pose.

When I got mine the screw nut from the clamp was loose and on the right thigh of the figure under the clam shell. When I pull it off the paint or material peeled off from that spot. It's like it melted to the screw nut (Possibly because I'm in Phoenix, super hot). Anyway, it wasn't horrible, but when the light hit it just right, you can tell there was a spot that didn't have the blue of the costume. Unfortunately Sideshow didn't have any replacements skin had to return it, but will be buying it again once I get my refund in.

Thanks olbertfrof, I'll give it a try tonight. I think the suit will become a little less sticky as time goes on and maybe I'll get more comfortable keeping him in a flight pose.

Yeah, even after a few weeks, I could tell the suit on mine isn't as sticky anymore. Luckily, mine doesn't appear to have the issue with residue from the foam inserts fusing to the suit, nor the issue of the arms fusing to the suit, but the suit was a little sticky when I first received and opened the figure. However, as mentioned, I could definitely tell it's already not as sticky anymore.

Sideshow has him available for free shipping. So tempted to get a second one. I want to do a battle damage version of him.

Back