1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I really like this guy in hand, I might consider buying a 2nd one to pose with the Trinity, with the first going head-on with the armored Bat.

I watched the review for this figure by FigureJunkie and at one point I believe he says that there's no wiring in the cape. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The suspense of when sideshow will start shipping these is killing me! Haha It 's crazy that they still don't have a shipping rate on it, either.

The suspense of when sideshow will start shipping these is killing me! Haha It 's crazy that they still don't have a shipping rate on it, either.

You are looking at 2 months at the most.

Or you can pay the scalper price of $340 and be one of the "first ones" to take pics of this guy, as I know some take quite a bit of pleasure in that.

It'll likely be $20 or less to ship this, much like the all time best seller that the original MOS was.

You are looking at 2 months at the most.

Or you can pay the scalper price of $340 and be one of the "first ones" to take pics of this guy, as I know some take quite a bit of pleasure in that.

It'll likely be $20 or less to ship this, much like the all time best seller that the original MOS was.
Shoot, as much as these things are costing I can afford to wait!

That's how much my other hot toys have been. I've come to think of the monthly coupons as "Free Shipping" coupons!

Just saw Figure Junikes review. Great review BUT - ALMOST NO ARTICULATION!!! Damn it Hot Toys. These are action figures. They need to be able to move. I live the head sculpt - I think it's one of their best yet, but I don't like the fact that the figure can't hardly move. Come on, don't give us action figures like that. I just sold my Batman Returns, and I've waited YEARS for that figure. But it is a statue. And every time you touch the suit, you're scared it breaks. The Batman, not the Superman.
I REALLY hope it articulates better than what Figure Junike did. Maybe he was just scared to break it? I like to pose my figures and play with them (Yes, I'm a child at heart). I MARVEL at the articulation on the Die Cast Iron Men. These figures are so amazing. Superman needs to be just as good.

Just saw Figure Junikes review. Great review BUT - ALMOST NO ARTICULATION!!! Damn it Hot Toys. These are action figures. They need to be able to move. I live the head sculpt - I think it's one of their best yet, but I don't like the fact that the figure can't hardly move. Come on, don't give us action figures like that. I just sold my Batman Returns, and I've waited YEARS for that figure. But it is a statue. And every time you touch the suit, you're scared it breaks. The Batman, not the Superman.
I REALLY hope it articulates better than what Figure Junike did. Maybe he was just scared to break it? I like to pose my figures and play with them (Yes, I'm a child at heart). I MARVEL at the articulation on the Die Cast Iron Men. These figures are so amazing. Superman needs to be just as good.

There are sone great poses of the figure in this thread only a few pages back. Looks plenty articulated to me...

Crap... this figure turned out way too awesome, which means my 2-Pack Waitlist on Sideshow is now less likely to convert. :( :lol

I feel u man. This figure's indeed one of their best superman 1/6 to date. The sculpting is really capturing the likeness of henry cavill. Cant for the trinity of em and hopefully HT still improving the likenesses of gal gadot

Just saw Figure Junikes review. Great review BUT - ALMOST NO ARTICULATION!!! Damn it Hot Toys. These are action figures.

If you want them to look good, the trade off is often articulation. I prefer that they look as perfect as possible as I never pose my figures in anything other than museum poses. I find that as soon as you start giving them dynamic poses, they can look more like toys.

I don't think they are marketed as 'action figures' - more 'high-end collectables'.

If you want them to look good, the trade off is often articulation. I prefer that they look as perfect as possible as I never pose my figures in anything other than museum poses. I find that as soon as you start giving them dynamic poses, they can look more like toys.

I don't think they are marketed as 'action figures' - more 'high-end collectables'.

Yeah, but they're not statues either.

And if you're good at posing and spend a bit of time tweaking it, you can make some dynamic poses look really lifelike. Far more lifelike, in fact, than the default standing pose.

The only way we get realistic looking figures in dynamic poses is if they start using the Phicen rubber bodies. Those bend and move realisticly.

Otherwise i prefer total accuracy, otherwise i would never buy a HT figure

after seeing the bats v supes pics on here i added thigh extenders to my "mess a bout" man of steel ,added a bit of padding to the outer edge of the figures sides , bulks him up quite a bit ,seems in my opinion to make him look a little shorter, compact ,less leggy ,dunno but i quite like it lol
20160508_114555_zpswwbefinc.jpg

20160508_114608_zpsurbdvkqd.jpg

Crap... this figure turned out way too awesome, which means my 2-Pack Waitlist on Sideshow is now less likely to convert. :( :lol

Yeah, that's what I was worried about too. I decided I didn't care about the tech cowl so I cancelled my wait list and ordered the exclusives separately with codes.

I like it Libby! Have you painted the suit? Looks so much better! What paint did you use?

yeah i think painted it is far too kind away to describe what i did ,daubed it is properly nearer the mark lol
this is the stuff i used ,just cheapo acrylic paint my daughter laura "acquired" from school some years ago lol
20160508_134739_zpso6ycche7.jpg

Back