1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6d7a5022aa83013bf9a8d4ad683b9b56.jpg

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

The costumes have changed in nearly every superhero movie that has sequels, you can't single out the MCU in that aspect.

I doubt the DCU will be any different in the long run.

The only thing I hate is when the change doesn't seem organic.

Iron Man is always upgrading, that makes sense.
Batman had costumes for different situations, ok (same goes for Cap's strike suit).
War Machine goes the same route as Iron Man, cool.
Captain America & Ant-Man had years in gap from their original costumes, ok.
Scarlet Wish (and even Hulk) didn't had costumes, at first.
Even falcon had a military costume, which evolved to an Avengers costume
Superman added some heritage details to his costume (that's already cutting close, but ok).

What really bothers me is thinking of Captain America in front of a mirror, looking at his costume and saying "humm, less red around the star, please".
Or Thor going "I fell like today I want the sleeveless one".

Some of Black Widow and Hawkeyes changes seems unnecessary too (not all, but some).

That's just how I feel regarding the changes, not saying is right or wrong, but even as a collector, I don't like the fact that they change the costume "just to sell action figures".

That's just how I feel regarding the changes, not saying is right or wrong, but even as a collector, I don't like the fact that they change the costume "just to sell action figures".

Costumes are also constantly being changed in the comics at the discretion of the people drawing them.
I actually feel that removing the red color ard his star makes sense for civil war as the movie is gonna be darker and more serious tone than age of ultron,
I rather have a less brighly colored capt(kinda like what DC do to man of steel) to reflect the movie they are trying to potray

I found modern life head review on youtube. As I'm Cavill fan for years I must say that mold is really good but eyes are nothing like him.He has greener eyes not pure blue. especially paint is really off. for 300$? NO thanks. I'd like to pay 40$.

Costumes are also constantly being changed in the comics at the discretion of the people drawing them.
I actually feel that removing the red color ard his star makes sense for civil war as the movie is gonna be darker and more serious tone than age of ultron,
I rather have a less brighly colored capt(kinda like what DC do to man of steel) to reflect the movie they are trying to potray

That's a good point, actually. It might not be "organic" with the story, but with the movie and tone. Good enough for me. :) thanks.

I found modern life head review on youtube. As I'm Cavill fan for years I must say that mold is really good but eyes are nothing like him.He has greener eyes not pure blue. especially paint is really off. for 300$? NO thanks. I'd like to pay 40$.

The sculpt is different. While there are features of Cavill, it just doesn't capture him like the HT sculpts do.

I do like the acoustic guitar version of the score.

I thought the Modern Life prototype looked spot on, but that definitely looks off.

I think same, I posted there before that it is how it goes... prototype stock image is always perfect for custom heads. and real product what you get is really downgraded. every custom head I bought online has same result. when hot toys superrealistic figure costs 209 $ with everything its really funny when just head costs 300$ and it is not close to Hot Toys.

That's my Brother's review. I told him it looked nothing like Cavill, but he said he likes it.
So i suppose that's all that matters.

That's my Brother's review. I told him it looked nothing like Cavill, but he said he likes it.
So i suppose that's all that matters.

I'm with you there on both accounts.

Well, I wouldn't say nothing like him, but I think the HT sculpt bears a better likeness, in my opinion.

I'm with you there on both accounts.

Well, I wouldn't say nothing like him, but I think the HT sculpt bears a better likeness, in my opinion.
It's one of those sculpts you can tell it's supposed to be Cavill, but the overall likeness is off.

I hope the HT sculpt doesn't turn out that way.

Last edited:
It's one of those sculpts you can tell it's supposed to be Cavill, but the overall likeness is off.

I hipe the HT sculpt doesn't turn out that way.

:exactly:

Well if the sculpt looks anything like the prototype, I'll be perfectly happy with it. I personally think the prototype that has been shown looks great.

Yeah it looks great, up there with HT's best. We should find out soon, it was slated for an April release in HK.

There's rumors in the Marvel section that the Mk 45 is confirmed to be the next release, but if Supes is indeed slated for an April release in HK, then it should be Supes.

Yeah i do think tht mk45 will be the next release tho because the hype for the civil war this thursday..

Back