1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is alittle Heat Vision paint mod I did to Zod. Wanted to test it out first since I had an extra sculpt. I'm going to go for this on Sups next.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 203
In my opinion the BVS Superman's cape looks fine on the prototype, if it's like that out of the box I won't change a thing.
I did the cape mod on the MOS figure because it just looked wrong on an otherwise stellar figure.

Thanks.. It was my understanding that the mod was for a cape swap but that it was also to lower the actual collar piece, as it was much higher than it was in the movies.

Original:
34h7ur8.jpg

Moddded:
vct279.jpg

I was just wondering if the majority here thought this mod was going to be as necessary on the new figure too?

I think it's fair to say that most of Marvel's movies are MORE critically acclaimed than BvS. And a lot of people DISLIKE Eisenberg as Lex. Go on youtube, I haven't found one reviewer yet who liked him. I liked him, but I doubt Hot Toys will make a figure. Would be cool if they did.
And for the record, I absolutely LOVE BvS. Seen it three times and will probably go see it again.

I noticed that the majority who bought the MOS Supes did the cape modification where the collar was lowered to be more movie accurate.. based on the promo pics for this figure, will a collar modification be as necessary for the new suit to be movie accurate?

The BVS Superman suit has a higher collar.
So the new HT figure is more accurate than the MOS one. The MOS one had a collar that was too high and needed modding. But this one is *meant* to be higher.

18JeMfZ.png

No he wasn't – hated by you does not equate to everyone... in fact, even the critics that didn't like BvS, all agreed that Eisenberg was good as Lex.

'Just about everyone' means the majority, not 100%. You also seem to be implying that I said that because of my own personal opinions, which isn't the case. And that isn't true. Very few liked his take on the character.

The BVS Superman suit has a higher collar.
So the new HT figure is more accurate than the MOS one. The MOS one had a collar that was too high and needed modding. But this one is *meant* to be higher.

18JeMfZ.png

Thanks for the clarification Username! I think I prefer the overall color/look of the second suit over the first one so I'm glad HT made sure it was more accurate this time around

Funny how they use a costume with darker colors for the lighter movie, and lighter colors for the darker movie.

'Just about everyone' means the majority, not 100%. You also seem to be implying that I said that because of my own personal opinions, which isn't the case. And that isn't true. Very few liked his take on the character.

You still haven't learned the difference between fact and opinion then I see?

If you make a statement like "the majority" you need to back that up, and not base it on you personal preference. I could as easily say that the majority of people actually liked Eisenberg in the movie - as to me, even people who didn't like the film liked elements of it - and Jessie seems to be one of the plusses most people take from the movie.

anyone know when he will be released BBTS shows Q2 2016

Q2 2016 probably isn't too far off, considering he was recently shown in a "coming soon" picture on Hot Toys' facebook page. And yeah, BBTS gets them about a month after Sideshow.

You still haven't learned the difference between fact and opinion then I see?

zzzzzz

It's a fact that the majority hated him. I'm sure someone must have done a poll or a survey at some point. Have a search if you really need it proven to you.

Jessie seems to be one of the plusses most people take from the movie.

Where on earth have you got that idea from :lol:lol

Just saw Civil War and while it probably had a better storyline and was better made than BvS, it didn't feel as "epic".

Already come back from CW, BvS cinematography still much more superior though. Marvel movies in general didn't feel epic, BvS meanwhile flawed somehow feels grand. Thank you for good cinematography

Usually a month after sideshow gets theirs. It hadn't even released in HK yet, but should in a couple weeks.

What are the chances HK releases this bad boy the first week of May? SS's ETA says May-July and for $209.99 it's such a great deal compared to most releases these days

What are the chances HK releases this bad boy the first week of May? SS's ETA says May-July and for $209.99 it's such a great deal compared to most releases these days

I'm thinking sideshow will get it late June early July at the most. They usually get it a month after release in HK.

Back