1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, if they're absolutely dead set on using the MoS one, at least make the necessary adjustments so that it's accurate to his appearance in this film, as opposed to just totally half-assing it.

hqg-2568.gif

Pretty much sums up the feelings of everyone here I'd say.

Perhaps vanity is to blame? Maybe the actor and studio don't like the receded hairline and frown-lines/expression we liked so much.

I'm going to be optimistic and say the final sculpt isn't finished yet.

I hope that's the case. Hot Toys should be more transparent when a lot of people have these concerns. It's great that they've been very open with improvements to batfleck, but they really should be more forthcoming with what's happening with superman's head sculpt.

I hope it's not a repainted MoS head, but rather a tweaked version of the BvS proto that is playing tricks on us with that small photo. Otherwise, it would really be a low-blow foul move by HT.

I wouldn't worry too much. The Mark 45 in that photo still has the old hand guards, and I'm pretty sure the production version will come with the proper ones along with Supes and his BvS head sculpt.

It appears the same head in this new photo is also pictured on the new art box...

Last edited:
Yeah, that's an actual photo of Cavill.

Seriously I don't think it's worth stressing about right now. Wait until we get photos of the production version.

No way in hell they give us the same sculpt. Only two reasons I bought this figure is because of the angry face sculpt, and I got the combo so I got the tech cowl.

they say "Newly developed head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Henry Cavill" so they have to make a new one, right??

they say "Newly developed head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Henry Cavill" so they have to make a new one, right??

Yes, sir. HT says on the specs if we should be expecting a newly developed head (like AoU Hawkeye) or a repainted one (like Civil War Hawkeye).

They also specify if the figure comes with a newly-developed body.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure that's the figured posed on the art box to replicate a photo from the movie (but it's hard to see properly since that's a pretty blurry image)

Back