1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be wrong, but I'm sure that's the figured posed on the art box to replicate a photo from the movie (but it's hard to see properly since that's a pretty blurry image)

It's the exact same photo.

3cca5d0ee72c88cbcc3224fefe4f8721.jpg

16c1f7a207023d0a0be9a0fb87696392.jpg

when they did that picture (could be months ago) they didn't have the right proto of supes.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure that's the figured posed on the art box to replicate a photo from the movie (but it's hard to see properly since that's a pretty blurry image)

On the art box is a picture from the movie.
Not the figure itself.
Usually these photos are from production pieces...
Hope its just a mistake :)
image.jpg

You know what? It would be funny of them to include a real photo still of an older looking Henry on the art box, but yet still include a figure with a head sculpt from 2013. That would be messed up. Perhaps, as some say, the 2013 head sculpt is just a temporary place holder in this new photo, while the factory works off the new one.

at least Ultron looks FABULOUS!!!
just see in the next few weeks what we get- but they cheaped out on the HS if they used the old one

I jumped 4 pages because I assume that everybody is angry and saying that they'll cancel. Just wait till release im pretty sure that they are producing the new one. this figure is coming soon but will not release tomorrow, so chill everybody. Also the people that have it with Sideshow will have plenty of time to cancel it. Remember that for the people that wanted the tech cowl, I assume that canceling this we'll loose it.

Nah, I never intended on buying any of these Superman figures.

Even though I don't care and think the MoS look is superior, this is wrong on Hot Toys' part (if it is indeed a repainted MoS head for the full BvS production release). That means for the past 4 months they were soliciting something completely different. This Superman should have the receding, slicked back widows peak he has in BvS, not the look from MoS. I totally get it. This isn't what they advertised.

I'm guessing it's just a flub someone made behind the scenes. Then again, those are alwats production figures in those coming soon shots so it would be strange for them to pull out the old MoS head and plop it on there.
Like you, I have no interest in any Snyderverse Supermen, but I also think the Man of Steel version was better. I'm betting this is, indeed, the production sculpt though.

As for rotting on the gift card list, this figure was destined for that anyway.

I was definitely going to order this but now I'm waiting since hot toys isn't making it clear at all. If they use a repainted man of steel sculpt I won't be picking this up and I hope the figure bombs then.

I emailed sideshow with question if they have any information about it and explained situation about panic that most of us will cancel our orders is this is final product. usually they are very friendly with answers. lets wait. it would be good if someone US member called them directly .

Wow just saw the upcoming release pic, wonder why they still show the old head sculpt. I like it but wanted the new one. hopefully HT lets us know soon what it would actually be. I cant cancel though since I got the exclusive tech cowl and used all my reward points to get them for free basically. I assume I would not get those points back.

Wow just saw the upcoming release pic, wonder why they still show the old head sculpt. I like it but wanted the new one. hopefully HT lets us know soon what it would actually be. I cant cancel though since I got the exclusive tech cowl and used all my reward points to get them for free basically. I assume I would not get those points back.

Whoa...that's even worse. It's one thing to lose a NRD...but your points??

I don't have MOS Supes so I'm getter this regardless but looks like I'll be able to wait for some discounts ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the MOS superman so I don't think I'll double dip on this. Probably pick up the regular batman though.

I emailed sideshow with question if they have any information about it and explained situation about panic that most of us will cancel our orders is this is final product. usually they are very friendly with answers. lets wait. it would be good if someone US member called them directly .
SSC isn't what they used to be in this department. Nowadays, their first instinct is to point you to the "prototype may be different than final product" disclaimer instead of admitting that buyers got bamboozled somehow. That goes for defects as well as production changes.

Despite that photo, I'm going to remain optimistic. I have to believe that HT would not deceive people this badly and literally at the last minute when they package the figure, decide to simply go with a recycled MoS sculpt only repainted at most after advertising this figure the whole time with a newly developed sculpt, which it states it will come with/feature on the specs of the figure.

image.jpeg

HT has to know that simply recycling and repainting the MoS sculpt is not "movie accurate" as it pertains to BvS. If the previous sculpt is just going to merely be repainted, they state on the specs that the sculpt the figure will include is just repainted.

Yeah they have stated newly developed HS- so maybe Supes release may still be couple months or more off despite the "coming soon" teaser. If it gets released in a week or three i would be worried as to why the old HS was used in the pic...

there allways been more than 1 proto of superman on display during the bvs events.

only one had the bvs headsculp all the other had the mos looks.

maybe they got the wrong proto for that particular picture.

Back