1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any new codes for SSC yet?
I know they won't work on this figure but I'm wanting to grab a couple.

BvS superman is superior in many way.

Just compare those two, BvS ver proportion is much better, cape much nicer. Suit texture also simply much better

182d316d8e8291ca8674f73e1a3b268c.jpg

1476639_425713120887721_1336280435_n64-cr-1280x1280.jpg

You forgot that the color is better as the red is not bright red but maroon and the suit itself is now has a metallic finish to it.

Didn't realize how bad the MOS sculpt is. It's been a long time since I looked at MOS and passed on it. It looks nothing like Cavill.

On that angle I agree but on this angle below, I can see Cavill.

I think this is because his eyes don't look squinty here but instead rather large, squinty eyes reduces the likeness on the sculpt.

Nevertheless, the MOS proto sculpt was much better than both the MOS final product sculpt and this BVS one.

View attachment 230904

The BVS artist needs to rework the lips. Henry never had lips like that.

The lips on the MOS sculpt are inaccurate to.

Yeah, the red hue of the cape on the MoS figure was a little too bright I thought.

I may be the lone dissenter on this, so be it if I am, but I actually prefer both the final MoS sculpt and the BvS proto sculpt over the proto MoS sculpt. At least based on that particular picture of it and comparing it to the pictures that I've seen thus far of the proto BvS sculpt and the sculpt on my MoS figure in person.

That's just one person's (my) opinion though.

For any UK based collectors on here – what are the SSC postage charges like? I'm looking to pre-order the twin-pack, but just a bit concerned about being stung for postage and customs charges!

I've bought many figures from the US and far east and I've generally paid much less in customs, VAT etc on stuff from the far east than from the USA. It also tends to arrive here far more quickly. I don't know why but that's been my experience. I rarely buy from the US these days.
The usual eBay rules apply e.g. buy from an established dealer. Good luck. You could be facing absurdly expensive charges on something like that.

I've bought many figures from the US and far east and I've generally paid much less in customs, VAT etc on stuff from the far east than from the USA. It also tends to arrive here far more quickly. I don't know why but that's been my experience. I rarely buy from the US these days.
The usual eBay rules apply e.g. buy from an established dealer. Good luck. You could be facing absurdly expensive charges on something like that.

Don't sellers in Asia tend to underreport the value of an item? Or mark their goods as "low value?" Which is good for the buyer and seller, not so good for the government. :lol

The Man of Steel head sculpt suddenly looks terrible now? Gtfo. :lol

I know, right? :lol

Just roughly a week before this BvS Supes went up for PO, the MoS sculpt was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

For many people yes, but I only liked the proto sculpt. That being said, I don't hate the final product sculpt, but it just doesn't blow me away like the proto sculpt did.

Last edited:
The prototype was nice as well. Many would agree that the MOS sculpt is one of Hot Toys best yet. We would be hard-pressed to find a handful of negative posts in the MOS thread, and mostly having to do with the larger body used (in proportion to the regular HT bodies.)

I do like this BvS sculpt as well, as it does show some determination in the expression. Would be great if it fits the MOS body for some interesting options.

Probably a stupid question but are there substantial differences between the MOS suit and this? Also, it is worth getting the MOS figure or just skip it for this?

Probably a stupid question but are there substantial differences between the MOS suit and this? Also, it is worth getting the MOS figure or just skip it for this?

It's up to you, which one you prefer. The new one looks awesome.
It's totally different from the previous suit though.
My Brother did a comparison of the two suits:

Substantial differences? No, not in my opinion.

For me, even though I have the MoS figure, I PO'd BvS Supes as well because I'm a staunch Supes fan. However, for the casual fan, if you already have MoS Supes then I think that would be plenty fine if you just want one representation of Supes. If you don't already have MoS Supes, then I would go for this one because I think HT made some improvements that look really good. The suit seems a little more glossy, the cape sits better on his shoulders and the color is a slightly darker hue as it should be.

The figures are different enough for me to want the new one too. Also have a feeling that this one is going to be less enormous.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back