1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic sculpt! It's a damn shame that a lot of those details will be lost on the production piece. HT should make this Superman for their next 1/4 scale.

I was just thinking the same thing. You wont see any of those wrinkles or fine details on the final figure.

Posted by JC hong on FB. It looks way way awesome and detailed.

View attachment 236664View attachment 236665

Wow! :google All that detail!

Is this 3d printed, or is it hand sculpted? Still impressive either way, I'm just wondering what he did to make that. All those wrinkles and pores, holy moly.

From my experience in casting, I find the Smooth-On molding product to be the best one to wrap every tiny little detail as accurately as possible. At least, that's as far as I know.

Wow! :google All that detail!

Is this 3d printed, or is it hand sculpted? Still impressive either way, I'm just wondering what he did to make that. All those wrinkles and pores, holy moly.

From my experience in casting, I find the Smooth-On molding product to be the best one to wrap every tiny little detail as accurately as possible. At least, that's as far as I know.
They hand sculpt most, if not all their stuff.

You can check out Joseph Tsang's Facebook if you want to see a time lapse of him sculpting an entire Hot Toys figure from start to finish and WIP.

https://www.facebook.com/josephtsangdart/?fref=ts

12239656_1126833450675323_4952676721577724966_n.jpg

12274275_1126838540674814_395087468583338627_n.jpg

12227679_1126831337342201_7351690913619470499_n.jpg

1964868_1143597692332232_164101603405568527_n.jpg

12391048_1143597378998930_6327949494621005046_n.jpg

1924023_1143597802332221_1276158817235466203_n.jpg

Yeah, the majority of, if not all their stuff is hand sculpted. That's a good part of what makes them so expensive.

The details don't really get lost for the sculpts... it's either the paint covers it or the fact that we don't look at our sculpts under a magnifying glass.

If you put your HT sculpt under bright light and examine carefully, you can see a lot of detail.

If you put your HT sculpt under bright light and examine carefully, you can see a lot of detail.

:exactly:

Shine your phone's flashlight on the sculpt of any of your figures. The eyes will sparkle in the light (a detail I like) and you will see faint pores in the skin.

Yeah that's true. The HT Raiden has details so small you can hardly see them. His bottom jaw and chin has a carbon fibre design on it that you almost need a magnifying glass to appreciate it.

Was on the fence about getting this or picking up a MOS version. Finally pulled the trigger and preorder this one, now I just need to decide which Batman I want.

Was on the fence about getting this or picking up a MOS version. Finally pulled the trigger and preorder this one, now I just need to decide which Batman I want.

Good call. If you don't have the MoS figure already and want just one version to represent Cavill's Supes, I'd go with this one.

If you want a big batman presence get arkham city Batman, if you want a movie batman you can get returns or armory at a decent price or pre order batfleck. Im a huge bats fan so i got the armory, arkham, returns on flexpay on sideshow and batfleck. Also got MoS sups and got thos one on pre order.

Only you can decide that mate. Many factors such as do i want to display him alone or with bvs superman? Do i like the movie? Etc... If you ask me, it would be bvs bats as it is the closest to comic batman even with all its "flaws". I have dx12 with armory bats head, toyfair oc bats and now bvs bats on preorder though! But if i had to keep one it would def be bvs bats.

Yeah, it is the closest to the comics. I typed that wrong, apologies. I mean which BvS batman version.

Each bvs batman version just looks great imo.

Probably better to decide after watching the movie.

Appreciate the response :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah normal one is classic Batman. The other two are scene specific, probably only in the movie for a couple minutes. Armored Batman will be like Hulkbuster, only in one fight. Not to say it won't be cool on it's own, but I can't wait to have a World's Finest shelf.

When did the 2-pack go up? I'll PO once I can use a $20 coupon.

This supes is looking incredible. Blows away the MoS fig I think. Hopefully they can fix up bats so they look equally as impressive together.

Back