1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Sorry, I wasn't referring to your shot if that second one is yours. I was referring to my shot on top which is a crappy cell phone pic of the entire figure that I enlarged to a close up to mirror the video capture of the new head sculpt. Your pic is excellent (which is why I had it on hand) and a great example of how great the original HT MOS sculpt is. No offense intended...

No damage done. Thanks for the compliment :)

I'm going to have to stick with my MOS so far. The head sculpt is just more accurate and I don't like the square belt buckle. Why did they change that?
The light blue details look off too. I do like that the red in the symbol is more metallic on this one at least. It's just not different enough or so much better that I have to buy this one too.

I'm definitely getting this, but I don't want to let the MOS go either. I always said I wouldn't have two of the same character but I guess I'll have to break that rule.

When i look at mine, it's like i have Reeve in my hands and i always reckoned it was as perfect as it could be for a doll.

IMG_2967done_zps33b4fbbb.jpg

IMG_2976done_zps18b7284b.jpg

IMG_2982done_zps03068d58.jpg

IMG_2932done_zpsd80186c8.jpg
And rightfully so. About as flawless as it could be.

I think, as far as likenesses go, this new sculpt is terrific, but he also looks incredibly pinheaded. They either need to shorten his neck or make the head longer, somehow.

Sideshow has it on their site for $209.99 but it's not available yet..guessing it will officially be up shortly!

I see the link but when i go to click it, it asks for a password, even though im already log in. weird.

I do agree with what you said about the jaw, needs to be a tiny bit bigger.

I never knew such big changes happened to the Reeve figure, I'll have to compare prototype pics to final figure.

The fans did ask Hot Toys for changes to the figure.

An Open Letter To Hot Toys... - SUPERMANIASUPERMANIA

Then Hot Toys did make changes upon the fans' requests.

An Open Letter To Hot Toys... - SUPERMANIASUPERMANIA

However, to me, I still prefer the proto figure, because the entire figure looked a lot like him. The final product looks like a Ken doll. Ken doll's head is usually much bigger than the body, so they look like they stand 5'10 ft tall. This is the same problem I have when I look at the HT Reeve figure.

proto-body-compare.jpg

I'm going to have to stick with my MOS so far. The head sculpt is just more accurate and I don't like the square belt buckle. Why did they change that?
The light blue details look off too. I do like that the red in the symbol is more metallic on this one at least. It's just not different enough or so much better that I have to buy this one too.

I actually think the BVS Supes looks miles better than the MOS figure. I'm looking forward to buying the BVS Supes.

Yeah I don't see any issue with the sculpt or the lips for that matter. What a weird thing to be studying anyway. You're like "no, this is how Henry's lips should look." :lol

It actually makes a huge difference. Don't want the figure's face to look like a bird.

They're up!

It's not a "2-pack". You essentially get the Exclusive Edition of each figure but only when you pre-order them together.

...except that the Reeve proto looked nothing like Reeve...:thwak

That's the problem. You only judged the face by a few awful/unfair photos of the prototype. I just wish the video reviewers can review THAT prototype in hand.

Reeve-Proto.jpg

Back