1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

You know what? I don't want Hot Toys to listen to what I have to say about Hot Toys' quality figures, because I don't own ANY Hot Toys figure. I don't want them to risk fixing the BVS Cavill. It looks really good in a lot of earlier photos.

Fixing the face happened to Christopher Reeve sculpt, the prototype looked really good in promo shots, but looks off in video reviews. The fans complained about the likeness of the Christopher Reeve prototype (without seeing it in person, or video reviews), so they pushed Hot Toys to make changes to the face, and the result of that is the likeness of not only the face, but the ENTIRE figure of the prototype is gone.

I really wish they produced the prototype version of Christopher Reeve, because that figure's body proportions actually looked really good.

I think it's best to leave BVS Henry Cavill figure alone. I would never know it might look so much better in person!

...except that the Reeve proto looked nothing like Reeve...:thwak

Yeah I don't see any issue with the sculpt or the lips for that matter. What a weird thing to be studying anyway. You're like "no, this is how Henry's lips should look." :lol

(Crappy pics chosen to match the blurriness of the video capture)

Nice touch calling my image crappy, by the way ...

Ha! Sorry, I wasn't referring to your shot if that second one is yours. I was referring to my shot on top which is a crappy cell phone pic of the entire figure that I enlarged to a close up to mirror the video capture of the new head sculpt. Your pic is excellent (which is why I had it on hand) and a great example of how great the original HT MOS sculpt is. No offense intended...

The cape on the BvS suit seems to look much better in the shoulder/neck area and lays flat like it should. Although, I think I've seen pictures where it looks like it's hanging too low where some of the back of the suit is exposed like the cape on the MOS prototype. I hope when they fix it it doesn't develop the same issue the MOS cape had where it sits too high on the neck and isn't as flat as it should be.

The cape also seemed to lay more flat on the prototype Superman from Man Of Steel.

hot_toys_man_of_steel_figure_live_1.jpg

Once the BVS Superman hits production I doubt his cape will look as good as it does on the prototype.

If not then Tony Mei will probably make another cape. I'm getting one this time. That beach towel of a cape is the only bad thing about the MOS figure.

Yeah I'll stick with the beach towel cape. Besides, It's not hard to find a cloth material and cut it to the appropriate length. I guarantee it's less than $65 too.

The cape also seemed to lay more flat on the prototype Superman from Man Of Steel.

Once the BVS Superman hits production I doubt his cape will look as good as it does on the prototype.

So long as HT doesn't include that little piece of plastic that lifted the cape from the shoulders this time around, a piece that modders ended up removing, it should be fine.

I like to work with the assumption that my fellow posters are not HIGH when they do their posting, but if folks persist in saying things like "I can't believe how bad the MOS sculpt is" and/or how "it looks nothing like Cavill", I may have to rethink that position.

View attachment 230710
View attachment 230711
View attachment 230712

(Crappy pics chosen to match the blurriness of the video capture)

I mean, come on! Just because you like the new does not require trashing of the old. The MOS figure remains on of HT all time best efforts. I'm hoping the BvS sculpt gets tweaked because it looks rather squashed and constipated to me, but I do like that they've gone for a clear expression over neutral.
:rotfl:goodpost::exactly:

Both Cavill's & Reeve HT's are better than anything else avail. now. some like the NECA Reeve better, but to me HT is a better/more realistic/lifelike sculpt. Sometimes I think people just want to argue, this looks like famous so & so, etc...well they are also famous so & so, and you can say this kinda looks like whoever and kinda still be right in some cases....

Back