1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! I hated that the MoS Supes TOWERED over everything else and was the main reason I didn't pick it up even when it was deeply discounted. This figure is more in line with 1/6 scale. The likeness of the head sculpt is better as well. If I was to nitpick the only thing I would change is the overall bulkiness of the figure. The thighs are a bit big as is the shoulder I think. Overall a great figure and I can't wait to display this with Bats and WW!

attachment.php

Really, I think I may try to pick-up the new cape and headsculpt for my MoS version.
While he is bigger overall, he has no thunder thighs, no giraffe neck and the costume is
much better color-wise. Supes should be bigger than Batman anyways, right? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes he should be bigger than Batman. But unfortunately WB didn't think ahead when casting for these parts. Ben Affleck is bigger than Henry Cavill.

In reference to the above photograph, the middle head sculpt. In the Collector's voice when he saw Groot "What...is that thing there?"

The thigh bulk is bugging me as well. Perhaps it will look better in hand. If not, it looks as though it is using the add on pieces like these:

fcd6c2ece6cf7cec12122e8c9ff20dbf.jpg

If that's the case, they are removable. Not sure how the costume would fit without them, or if it is even able to be taken off in the first place.

What you mean?
This exactly the same proportion than MOS, just shorter because of the feet pegs.
Its still bigger than usual hot toys as the MOS Line was.

No. MOS was as tall as a predator. Not just because of the feet pegs. Looked so out of place with everything else.

Some didn't care about other MOS figures, so they only bought Superman and displayed bad because of the size.

No. MOS was as tall as a predator. Not just because of the feet pegs. Looked so out of place with everything else.

Some didn't care about other MOS figures, so they only bought Superman and displayed bad because of the size.

You read me wrong.
Im saying that this BVS looks shorter than the MOS superman just because of the short peg used.
But he is as big as the MOS figure, and yes MOS Line were bigger than the average hot toys figures.
MOS zod and Supes work great together, the BVS Line is in sync with MOS scale wise too.
Im fine with figures being the sale scale in the same Line, dont care about Supes being bigger than iron man Will not pose them together.
Its more of a problem with terminator with head scales all over the place.

This Supes is as big as a predator, as you put it for MOS.
The MOS headsculpt as been used on the BVS body in few expos and its fitted well so same scale and proportion than MOS body. If ypu didnt like how MOS was proportioned well its the same kind of thing here.

image.jpg

Last edited:
He looks decent and I'm not sure if it's the head that looks a tad small or the neck is too long

Looks great from some angles but spectacularly awful from others. Ugly Minoton head/neck connection, like the DX10

No matter, I was never buying.

So, HT really ****ed up with the first release's scale. This proves it.

I don't think we needed a second superman figure to prove that bro haha.

What you mean?
This exactly the same proportion than MOS, just shorter because of the feet pegs.
Its still bigger than usual hot toys as the MOS Line was.

Once again, they're not exactly the same.

Yup. MoS supes could only be posed with Jor el and Zod. Couldn't really mix it up.

Since all the Line is in scale (save for jor el who has a bane body and a smaller headsculpt) i wont call this a **** up.
Zod, Supes and BVS Supes are in sync scale wise.

Once again What do you mean by their are not exactly the same?
Yes BVS Supes is beefier but his proportion are the same as MOS Supes.
Bigger hs bigger body than the usual hot toys figures.
But if you saw the pictures where hot toys used the MOS HS as a place holder on the BVS body you can see that the proportions are the same.
The MOS head dont look small not too big on the BVS body.
Only substential différence is the use of short feet pegs on the BVS body.

Dude, just look at the pics in my post. It's NOT SIMPLY SHORTER PEGS. If that were the case he'd have monkey arms. And speaking of arms, look at his forearms man, they're different. Hell even the torso looks shorter than MoS superman.

Whatever. Seems that we have yet another assistant to the HT representative on the boards.

Believe what you want, I really don't care.

Whatever. Seems that we have yet another assistant to the HT representative on the boards.

Believe what you want, I really don't care.

:rotfl I agree we don't need another one of those in the world lol, I don't think that's what's happening here.

I'm not about to draw lines to illustrate my point, Olbert. IMO I think it's kinda...weird. And nerdy lol. But if you want to do that, please do so. The two pics I quoted are more than enough to show it isn't a mere peg swap.

Wow, this figure looks great!
I really hope the SS exclusive version doesn't go anywhere.

Back