1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, those pics do make it look more accurate, at least.

Suit still looks too dark, though. Wish they had left it the same color from the MoS version.

13161977_10153504650227344_2325786960431510513_o.jpg

This thing looks fantastic to me. This is a definite buy for me, especially considering I don't have the MOS version. I wonder how much longer it will be before these start shipping out now.

Let me help with that… lol

13133335_10153504649767344_16751357781747379_n.jpg

:lol that is one unflattering picture. although this takes the cake:
13122797_1141212152591144_257598882684065430_o.jpg

seriously how could hot toys pull off another stealth Cap here?!
they get most of the details right but make one glaring mistake that kinda ruins the overall figure (although unlike stealth Cap this Supes still looks good in most angles).

For the sake of consistency, I can see why some are upset he's shorter than the MoS version. However, MoS version was way too tall. It makes sense to scale him down a tad so batman could tower over him and not make batman look 1/5 scale. Besides, those that wanna pose both supes side by side, you can always cheat the size difference by having one use the flight stand.

As nice as the MoS sculpt was, this one is definitely an improvement.

I loved that MOS is a bit over sized ...give a lot of presence.

I don't really have a problem with it either. Most of my figures are all slightly different in scale, and it's kind of fitting having Supes tower over everyone else.

I agree with these regarding the MoS figure. Though indeed a bit oversized, I actually liked how big it was. It has a lot of presence on the shelf, which Superman commands. No issues here with the BvS one being slightly shorter. It's not like it's THAT much shorter. It seems like it'll still be bigger than most figures.

Saw all these pictures this morning and I think the figure is very well done. It looks to be a bit better than the MoS figure in my opinion, which I think is a beautiful figure itself and is one of HT's best. Regarding the neck, while it may be ever so slightly long, it actually does look pretty accurate when you look at screen images, as provided. Also, I believe the MoS may have had the raised collar in the first place so as not to make the neck on that figure look so long, but it actually is accurate even in MoS for the longer neck.

I think the figure looks great. Not so happy about the thighs but will be definitely selling my mos supes for this one

Looks awesome!
Thunder thighs might be a bit distracting, but overall, it looks like an amazing figure!
Looking forward to getting this.

Looks nice. But comparing the 2 I'd pick MOS over BvS. I think the new head sculpt does look a little better, and I do like the chest symbol more. I had the original MOS on pre-order, but eventually cancelled it. One of the few figures I ever cancelled during pre NRD days so... Just wasn't feeling it. I only want one Superman and can wait for the right figure. Went through plenty of Captain America's before I was finally happy with the AOU version... :yess: ... This still doesn't do it for me, and doesn't help much that I absolutely despised the movie!! Ugh, such a huge let down and I had the lowest expectations of any movie ever after seeing the trailers, and I somewhat enjoyed MOS. And I don't get the minor costume changes. Makes no sense as to how or why he'd change it. I mean it came from Krypton and it must be made of indestructible materials, soooooo who's his taylor and how were they able to alter it?? :rotfl ... I get costume changes for most characters but this is just for merchandising cash grab. So I guess my wait continues. Maybe the most likely just as awful JL movie will finally have a costume I like? :dunno

I truly think this figure could have benefitted from a seamless head/neck sculpt.

I know, it seems a bit lacklustre-like it was just thrown together, I think the heads too small more than the neck too long but the likeness is off too and the seam is horrible! Quite telling it was released so fast, hot toys want to capitalise on the film but they are too busy without Star Wars and avengers.
Il be keeping my mos steel version

I really like it. thought the shoulder was a bit too big at first but a some cape futzing fixes that.

For those folks complaining about the neck, honestly it looks pretty damn screen accurate to me. Definitely longer and more exposed. Looks proportional.
78d2722b6fe3308879b9febfe75b48f6.jpg
ba314358b5de367046ff67d965983c57.jpg
7d60f52c7492ad2481cde444fded0004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His chin shpuld be near his throat apple.
He indeed look a tiny Weeny girafe necked.
Very easy to fix, shorter neck peg or cut a bit of the inner head plug.

For the sake of consistency, I can see why some are upset he's shorter than the MoS version. However, MoS version was way too tall. It makes sense to scale him down a tad so batman could tower over him and not make batman look 1/5 scale. Besides, those that wanna pose both supes side by side, you can always cheat the size difference by having one use the flight stand.
As nice as the MoS sculpt was, this one is definitely an improvement.

The body has actually the same proportions as MOS body.
He is not smaller at all, hes actually beefier.
But he has short feet pegs, so no need to use the stand just give him longer MOS feet pegs.
Look at the gap between the top of the boots and the knees, bigger gap in mos, longer pegs.
The MOS and BVS lines still are bigger than the regular hot toys.
Using the MOS head on this body showed that the proportions were the same.

His chin shpuld be near his throat apple.
He indeed look a tiny Weeny girafe necked.
Very easy to fix, shorter neck peg or cut a bit of the inner head plug.

The body has actually the same proportions as MOS body.
He is not smaller at all, hes actually beefier.
But he has short feet pegs, so no need to use the stand just give him longer MOS feet pegs.
Look at the gap between the top of the boots and the knees, bigger gap in mos, longer pegs.
The MOS and BVS lines still are bigger than the regular hot toys.
Using the MOS head on this body showed that the proportions were the same.

I was mainly talking about height. Overall superman is still a tad bigger than most figures from HT...but for this particular release, I'm glad they made him a little shorter. Because when batman comes out, he'd literally end up being closer to 1/5 scale if he were to be taller than superman if superman retained his MoS height.

Edit-I also don't think it's a simple "shorter pegs" deal here. I'm going over the comparison pics and his arms are in prefect relation to the legs. If it were just shorter pegs, his arms would look very monkey ish. I remember because I've seen pics of MoS superman on shorter pegs and he ended up having monkey arms.

So while BvS superman is bulkier, proportionally speaking, he's "smaller" than MoS superman.

Last edited:
I dont see the différence really even if hes shorter hes still closer to 1/5 :)

Whats bother me the most is the ***** neck.
Its all smooth, no sculpted muscle, dont understand why HT do that.
The ttm19 has more muscle in the neck than this.

Back