1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, would like to dig your brains for a bit. I see alot of guys are posing their supes on the HT flight stand... Based on some videos I've seen, the clips will create some indentation on the silver blue strips by his ribcage.. Do you guys keep him in that flight stand or you have somw clever ways to avoid that?

1 way I cab think of is to add extra padding on the clip, maybe a thick doublesided tape as a cushion...

Share you thought and ways please?
Thanks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Do you mean clever ways to still put him on the c-clamp but circumvent it leaving any indentation? Or other ways to pose him without using the c-clamp?

I once attempted adding some extra foam padding to the c-clamp, but it didn't work out too well. The weight of the figure just peeled it off.

Do you mean clever ways to still put him on the c-clamp but circumvent it leaving any indentation? Or other ways to pose him without using the c-clamp?

I once attempted adding some extra foam padding to the c-clamp, but it didn't work out too well. The weight of the figure just peeled it off.

Sorry, I meant having him on the c-clamp but preventing the indentation...

Ermm, so you tried with extra padding... Thanks for the feedback..
Wonder if others have any ideas..

Oh interesting. Just judging by the pictures, it looks like it's slightly a bit thicker than the HT cape, which is my only minor gripe with it. I wish it was slightly a bit heavier and more of a material that reflects this texture:

And as mentioned, it could stand to be a bit darker of a red as well, but otherwise, I think the pleats on it are perfect and it drapes perfectly.

it's definitely not as thick as the HT cape, I can say that for certain. It is also darker than the HT cape. Pretty sure my pics just aren't conveying what it really looks like which is why I mentioned that I am def not a photographer :lol Not sure you can get any heavier of a material than it is though. it's about the same weight of the HT cape and yet the HT cape is 2 layers while this is just one.

Not trying to convince anyone to buy or like it though. I just know my pics definitely do not do the cape justice :wink1:

Has anyone here had a problem with Supes' costume sticking in places where it comes into contact with itself? I wanted to change up the pose, but didn't want to take a chance on messing up the suit, so I took small plastic strips and put them in the elbow joints to keep the material separated from itself. A little annoying, but doesn't look too bad.

7c3e89d4bf8f3498e0c48a7474b21516.jpg

d9d8f959600e26065e9e98d9adebdfad.jpg

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

It's been mentioned once or twice. I personally think it's really kind of unavoidable though. The suit is bound to touch at two points somewhere.

Has anyone here had a problem with Supes' costume sticking in places where it comes into contact with itself? I wanted to change up the pose, but didn't want to take a chance on messing up the suit, so I took small plastic strips and put them in the elbow joints to keep the material separated from itself. A little annoying, but doesn't look too bad.

7c3e89d4bf8f3498e0c48a7474b21516.jpg

d9d8f959600e26065e9e98d9adebdfad.jpg

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Yes mine has this issue, thankfully its under the armpit and can't be seen but worrying nonetheless.

I think it's a good idea to have something between to protect the materials. i wish I had done then when I put BvS Batman in storage in his box with something between his armpits. Just frustrating we have to do the quality testing on behalf of Hot Toys to prevent such things...

At the same time though, I hope having something in between, such as the plastic strips, doesn't eventually fuse to the suit over time. To the point where if you ever take them out, it sort of peels off and takes some coloring of the suit with it. I can imagine this happening if you were to put something under the arm pits in particular.

Figures come with foam under the armpits, use this when in box.
I also washed my first Bvs Supes with soap and warm water.
No more stickiness.

Not lousy at all! Looks good, just remove the cape and make the S a nice bright silver and that's perfect.

Haha. I am no expert.. I just changed the colors to black.. :D

A quick print for the Detolf display, not perfect, but that will do instead of seeing curtain at the back... (screen cap from movie)

IMG_5830_1.jpg

You might need a steadier hand or a brighter light....
If you are using a camera phone, try not to put it too near.
Camera phone tends to have a fish eye effect because of the wide angle...
Shoot from far and zoom in abit..

Just my thoughts..

Yeah....just a throw away pic from my camera phone.
Doesn't do the figure justice on fairness.

Back