1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The changes were also made to sell more toys/merchandise. It got most of us to buy this version from Hot Toys.

This is the main reason for the changes.
While costumes can be tweaked to offer more comfort to the actors the esthetic changes are about selling toys and other licensed products.
Batman toys, backpacks, clothes etc... bring in more every year than Batman movies and comics combined.

To be fair, Caps suit was damaged during his fight with Red Skull and by being frozen for 70 years (+/-)... To be put in the museum it most have been repaired and probably with some alterations. So, in universe or not, it can be justified. Personally, I prefer the original suit over the GA one...

Superman's suit can't be explained in-universe...

Same reason Iron Man keeps changing/making suits...

The issue with Superman suit is that its is of Kryptonian material not available on Earth, unless he took Zod's or any of his people suits and saved them for future use.

Anyway, I get its just Snyder tweaking it just because....no in movie reasons.

I tend to agree with these.

While never directly explained in the films, I feel that a lot of the MCU's suit changes for each character can be silently explained or logically assumed by the viewer. The evolution of Captain America's suit, for instance. Coulson had a new suit fabricated for him for Avengers, SHIELD made the Strike Suit for him in TWS, GA is intended to be TFA suit with some alterations (logically justified in your post) and Stark fabricated him and the rest of the Avengers "cool" looking suits for AoU. The only one to me that isn't really logically explained is AoU to Civil War.

In the DCEU, Batman is like Iron Man in the sense that he obviously has the wherewithal to continually upgrade his suits and technology. Like you mentioned, Superman's suit is made from Kryptonian materials obviously not available on Earth, so where he's able to get a new suit is beyond me. The only logical explanation would be the scout ship, but that was obviously teeming with government officials after MoS. It would have made more sense to me to have the same suit from MoS to BvS, Batman keeps the suit with the gaping hole in it from Doomsday's bone protrusion then fashions him a new suit in JL by synthesizing Kryptonian fabric based on the suit in MoS/BvS that he kept. Just my idea.

Knowing how and where a character's new suit was fabricated isn't really important to me, nor does it make or break a film so it's kind of petty, in my opinion. As mentioned though, when it comes down to it, the real reason behind costume changes in both universes is money.

I keep coming back to this figure on my shelf... Not sure what the general consensus is but of the 50 plus Hot Toys figures that I currently have on display, for whatever reason, this one is one of my absolute favorites!

I keep coming back to this figure on my shelf... Not sure what the general consensus is but of the 50 plus Hot Toys figures that I currently have on display, for whatever reason, this one is one of my absolute favorites!

With good reason. :duff

I don't have million HOT TOYS figures but what I have... BvS Supes is best in my opinion . every my friend is crazy about him. looks really realistic. I though MOS was the best :\ Lets talk about BvS figure after JL version will be out. I don't think there will be a big difference. Hairstyle maybe and heat vision. They have to change something important to sell it well. cz random people doesn't care about boots or such a small details.

I don't have million HOT TOYS figures but what I have... BvS Supes is best in my opinion . every my friend is crazy about him. looks really realistic. I though MOS was the best :\ Lets talk about BvS figure after JL version will be out. I don't think there will be a big difference. Hairstyle maybe and heat vision. They have to change something important to sell it well. cz random people doesn't care about boots or such a small details.

Iv got all the bvs figs so far apart from superman as I was happy with my mos version but after a day of looking at YouTube videos & pictures here I think I'm upgrading to this version.
eBay for the man of steel version it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or stick a heat vision head on him.

16 - 1 (1).jpg

Iv got all the bvs figs so far apart from superman as I was happy with my mos version but after a day of looking at YouTube videos & pictures here I think I'm upgrading to this version.
eBay for the man of steel version it is

I would do exactly the same if the justice league figure wasn't right around the corner. I don't really have room for multiple versions of the same character so my MOS is really just a place holder till I get the JL version.

Can't justify the upgrade for what will probably only be 18 months or so. Just need one great classic suit supes and one black suit version, hopefully we get both with this next movie.

I wish Hot Toys would start releasing figures in time with the movie instead of months after like the BVS line. At leat some of the JL line should be out for Xmas 2017 but I doubt it will happen.

you have great taste! :D btw, 50+ hot toys!!!??? your display corner must look like a hot toys shop! LOL

btw, besides BvS hot toys superman is a really great figure (very expensive too), i bought it becuase i wanna support BvS movie... cavill superman got bashed badly and got no mercy from the "true" fans and the critics...

I would do exactly the same if the justice league figure wasn't right around the corner. I don't really have room for multiple versions of the same character so my MOS is really just a place holder till I get the JL version.

Can't justify the upgrade for what will probably only be 18 months or so. Just need one great classic suit supes and one black suit version, hopefully we get both with this next movie.

I wish Hot Toys would start releasing figures in time with the movie instead of months after like the BVS line. At leat some of the JL line should be out for Xmas 2017 but I doubt it will happen.
do you think hot toys will develop something like Phicen bodytype...

Is it normal that my Superman hasn't been delivered yet since I ordered the 2-pack? You know... since Batman & Superman aren't boxed together.

do you think hot toys will develop something like Phicen bodytype...

I'm really not sure. Very new to this hobby, MOS was my first figure just over 6 months ago. You'd think they'd have to find someway to keep improving it other than just making small changes to his suit.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm in a Bvs craze right now. Lol.
ccdfed2fb2c80fa109436e7e4b0502c2.jpg
6cef3fa38eafac848fdd856d611b9f57.jpg
758ce4d155d3f5a901304f71fb0f6c13.jpg

Did it break or did the foot just separate from the ankle piece. Mine separated a couple of times, but I just popped it back in. Hard to tell from the pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back