1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He probably won't have the black suit for too long. The poster for Justice League has him sporting the BvS suit, so unless they're trying to avoid spoilers I bet he'll be wearing that most of the time.

View attachment 294345

It'll probably be used once as a nod to fans.

Nah, that isn't the BvS suit. JL suit is different in color, armor pattern and the cowl (neck is thinner, ears are thinner and weirdly curved). I'm kinda bummed they changed it. BvS suit was perfection.

image.jpeg

True, I don't know why I feel this way but I think BvS costumes are ART. Especially batman looks very realistic and natural. Superman has a best costume ever too. I can't imagine how it can be better. Usually when character wears perfect costume in a film, next movie's designs are always downgraded :D They add too much details, we don't need it. classic look always wins.

True, I don't know why I feel this way but I think BvS costumes are ART. Especially batman looks very realistic and natural. Superman has a best costume ever too. I can't imagine how it can be better. Usually when character wears perfect costume in a film, next movie's designs are always downgraded :D They add too much details, we don't need it. classic look always wins.

I agree with this. The BvS costumes are prefect I dont know why they just didnt carry over into JL. Maybe toy sales but it seems like downhill for Bats after BvS.

I agree with this. The BvS costumes are prefect I dont know why they just didnt carry over into JL. Maybe toy sales but it seems like downhill for Bats after BvS.
because they have the budget to make new suits? if they didn't use it... they can't earn the commission of it???

Not only that but he also wore the BB suit in the beginning of TDK which gave a natural progression for the upgrade. Usually we see an entirely different suit with no explanation as to why it was changed.

I think the main reason for changing batmans suit in JL is because the fallout of ironhead studios with WB. They weren't happy with not getting credit for their work. Personally I think that's why batmans suit is a little different because supermans suit is nearly identical

Yeah, Superman's costume change from MoS to BvS made the least sense to me out of anyone from a film perspective, in both the current DCEU and MCU.

Yes for me changing superman's costume in BvS has not any sense, he got cooler designed costume? Where? How? Why?

Well that was subtle enough that I really doubt it was supposed to be an in-universe change of any kind, or something the characters in that world would have actually noticed (and I doubt the vast majority of moviegoers even noticed it either). It was just a better interpretation of the costume he was already wearing.

Well that was subtle enough that I really doubt it was supposed to be an in-universe change of any kind, or something the characters in that world would have actually noticed (and I doubt the vast majority of moviegoers even noticed it either). It was just a better interpretation of the costume he was already wearing.

I agree with this. Kind of like how The Russo Brothers changed the First Avenger costume in The Winter Soldier and called it the Golden Age Costume b/c they felt the design in FA could use some tweaking but it wasn't an in-universe redesign. It was meant to be the same costume from FA

I agree with this. Kind of like how The Russo Brothers changed the First Avenger costume in The Winter Soldier and called it the Golden Age Costume b/c they felt the design in FA could use some tweaking but it wasn't an in-universe redesign. It was meant to be the same costume from FA

To be fair, Caps suit was damaged during his fight with Red Skull and by being frozen for 70 years (+/-)... To be put in the museum it most have been repaired and probably with some alterations. So, in universe or not, it can be justified. Personally, I prefer the original suit over the GA one...

Superman's suit can't be explained in-universe...

To be fair, Caps suit was damaged during his fight with Red Skull and by being frozen for 70 years (+/-)... To be put in the museum it most have been repaired and probably with some alterations. So, in universe or not, it can be justified. Personally, I prefer the original suit over the GA one...

I don't see why not. Superman decides to make some alterations to his suit just because.

Done. End of story.

It's a creative change on Snyder's part, he thought the suit needed tweaking slightly so changes were made. Just like how Lucas went in and digitally tweaked the original Star Wars films. Why does Black Widow's costume change or Hawkeye's? Director's get bored of old designs or want to put their own stamp on things instead of carrying designs over from another director. There doesn't have to be an in-universe reason for anything.

It's a creative change on Snyder's part, he thought the suit needed tweaking slightly so changes were made. Just like how Lucas went in and digitally tweaked the original Star Wars films. Why does Black Widow's costume change or Hawkeye's? Director's get bored of old designs or want to put their own stamp on things instead of carrying designs over from another director. There doesn't have to be an in-universe reason for anything.

Same reason Iron Man keeps changing/making suits...

The issue with Superman suit is that its is of Kryptonian material not available on Earth, unless he took Zod's or any of his people suits and saved them for future use.

Anyway, I get its just Snyder tweaking it just because....no in movie reasons.

the fact remains, it wasn't explained in-universe and the Russo's specifically stated they wanted to tweak the FA suit since they had the chance to. Not to mention, if I recall correctly, other than the suit being dirty, there wasn't any actual damage to the FA suit such as holes, rips, tears etc during the Red Skull fight.

However, I do agree with you - I like the FA suit much more than the GA one. Regardless, the friend's that I have that aren't crazy about this stuff like we are had no idea Superman's suit changed from MoS to BvS. They seem like big changes to us b/c we analyze these things to death but to the common movie goer, they more than likely won't notice the slight changes

Back