1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

sorry a bit over. just saying i disagree with your opinion...

Anyone know any where this is still in stock? I'll wait for justice league before I pay eBay prices.

sorry a bit over. just saying i disagree with your opinion...

The point though was not about who is the more popular character in the DCEU or personal preference from a character standpoint, which your reply was seemingly an emotional response to; I was merely speaking from a pure figure standpoint. Demand for the BvS Supes figure seemingly spiked subsequent the release of Armored and regular Bats.

In my opinion Batman is more popular than Superman. I'm superman guy so I always choose Supes. Especially I'm Henry's fan. No matter how popular he is. I have a feel for JL there will be 2 versions. Black Suit with Heat Vision and Blue with regular head. or vise versa.

In my opinion Batman is more popular than Superman. I'm superman guy so I always choose Supes. Especially I'm Henry's fan. No matter how popular he is. I have a feel for JL there will be 2 versions. Black Suit with Heat Vision and Blue with regular head. or vise versa.

I think its an accepted fact that Batman is a more popular character then Superman.

I think its an accepted fact that Batman is a more popular character then Superman.

Although I am a dyed in the wool Supes fan, it's only my personal preference and I totally accept that Bats is far more popular. It's almost always due to the fact that, regardless of the fantasy world he exists in, Batman is, at his core, a human being. He's mega rich, super clever, and has reached the peak of physical fitness, but he's still a guy.
He's a far more relatable hero.

Although I am a dyed in the wool Supes fan, it's only my personal preference and I totally accept that Bats is far more popular. It's almost always due to the fact that, regardless of the fantasy world he exists in, Batman is, at his core, a human being. He's mega rich, super clever, and has reached the peak of physical fitness, but he's still a guy.

On the other hand despite being an alien Clark Kent is in many ways more down to earth than Bruce Wayne. A farmboy from Kansas seems more relatable to most than a billionaire playboy.

Batman having had four great movies in my lifetime to Superman's zero probably has a lot to do with his greater popularity.

That said I love both characters equally and never liked the idea of them fighting each other. Always seen them as two sides of the same coin. Hopefully Justice League gives us the movie both characters deserve.

On the other hand despite being an alien Clark Kent is in many ways more down to earth than Bruce Wayne. A farmboy from Kansas seems more relatable to most than a billionaire playboy.

Batman having had four great movies in my lifetime to Superman's zero probably has a lot to do with his greater popularity.

That said I love both characters equally and never liked the idea of them fighting each other. Always seen them as two sides of the same coin. Hopefully Justice League gives us the movie both characters deserve.

I guess you were born after 1978?

I always prefer supernatural heroes than regular guys. people must deal with this. everyone can be Batman haahahh:rotfl

While I really like and enjoy both characters immensely, I also prefer Superman hands down. Grew up constantly watching the Christopher Reeve films. While I do think that traditionally Superman is DC's marquee character (and marquee superhero in any universe, as I feel Supes is to superheroes what the Rose Bowl is to college bowl games, "The Granddaddy of Them All") I think there's no denying that Batman is currently DC's most popular character.

I think a lot of that stems from the fact that many people these days seem to like their heroes "flawed". The same way many people may find Iron Man/Tony Stark appealing on the Marvel side. When characters that are otherwise intended to be "above" humanity suffer from the same everyday flaws that we do in everyday life, it makes them more relatable to us. It also I feel makes us feel as if these heroes aren't so "above" us after all. This is why I think both recent Superman and Captain America films (TWS and CW at least) are a bit more dark and serious in tone, because they are both dealing with characters that are meant to represent something that absolute and incorruptable without having a dark past; in this case, absolute "good". The notion that something is so pure I think is something that many people struggle with, because many people don't feel this is relatable and/or it potentially reminds them of what they aren't. Similar to the way Tony Stark despises Steve Rogers.

What they are currently doing with Supes I feel is the only way to make him relatable while still maintaining his aura of goodness at the same time. He can't be related to on a physical level (the way Username mentioned Batman can be) because he's literally a God like being, so he has to be made to feel and struggle with the same type of emotions that we as everyday people do. That's actually his biggest vulnerability that has never been tapped into nor explored yet, but is being done so in this current DCEU. How he's depicted to handle them though is a testament to his character. Being forced to confront your ideals and values I don't feel is an abandonment of them; it's a reinforcement of them by testing how steadfast you are to believing in them. In the DCEU, as opposed to making him be an alien that is trying to fit in with mankind, it feels they're making him out to be an everyday person who is struggling with the fact that he is an alien and possesses these superior abilities, and is trying to do what he can with them to help. Playing the hand you were dealt, so to speak, and trying to make the best of it.

While it is good to feel a relation to your heroes (being that's part of the reason that you feel drawn to a particular character in the first place), I also at the same time think anyone you idolize is indeed someone who you should feel is better than you. Someone you look up to shouldn't be someone you want to be able see eye to eye with and feel that you're just like them, because then there's no reason to idolize them. That's why they call it "looking up" to someone or something. They inspire you because you aspire to be more like them.

I wish I had the EX version of that figure, but I'm not about to pay a hefty price just to have the Kryptonite necklace.

It depends to which era you belong. usually you love the actor who plays your favorite character in your era. As I was born in 90th, Reeves superman never touched me.ever. especially movies. So my superman is Henry. Two very different tone and visuals, both are great in their own way.

The point though was not about who is the more popular character in the DCEU or personal preference from a character standpoint, which your reply was seemingly an emotional response to; I was merely speaking from a pure figure standpoint. Demand for the BvS Supes figure seemingly spiked subsequent the release of Armored and regular Bats.
ya. it's an emotional response. especially hate it when i learned the fact that WB didn't proceed for MOS trilogy because they prefered batman over superman; they wanna bring in batman to lead JL & DCEU. u know... like the treatment of Cyclops and Wolverine of the Xmen movies...
anyway, any data to support your statement? in fact, i thought it is the other way round.. that the Superman figures helps the sale of the Armored and regular Bats figures.

Batman is by far the highest grossing superhero in the world and it's not new.
He has outsold Superman for over 30 years now.

Back