1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of the ones I've seen, the outside of the wrist joint is slightly exposed if you bend the hands inward a bit.

Sold my MOS hoping to upgrade to this one but was having no luck finding one at a reasonable price. Checked BBTS for the hell of it and they had one! Can't wait, I was content with the MOS until I saw the BVS Superman in person.

You can't see the arm on mine. It's only if the hands are turned inward the wrist peg is noticeable. I might glue the sleeve down around the arm.

clever idea

it doesn't bother me much. on mine it looks OK. not too long and not too short. gaps are not visible in a relaxed pose. Most versions they showed before release have same ''issue''

Sold my MOS hoping to upgrade to this one but was having no luck finding one at a reasonable price. Checked BBTS for the hell of it and they had one! Can't wait, I was content with the MOS until I saw the BVS Superman in person.

Lucky! When did you order from BBTS? Been checking their website frequently...

Lucky! When did you order from BBTS? Been checking their website frequently...

Just this morning, couldn't believe my eyes lol. There must've been only one, because it went to sold out right after the order. Watch, with my actual luck the exclusive wait list at SS will convert haha.

I thought this was pretty cool, so thought I'd share. It plays into the whole thing that there's almost always going to be the slightest little "defect" with these figures and you're never going to get a "perfect" one; however, sometimes what you feel is a "defect" can be turned into a positive.

Just recently, I noticed on my second Supes that I got from BBTS this little triad of slightly darker pores in the paint on the side of the neck. Didn't really bother me being that they're very faint and everything else about the figure is pretty much perfect in my eyes. No paint blemishes on the suit, all joints move correctly and at the right resistance, etc. Even the boots on this one don't have a crease at the ankle like the majority of them do. The fabric of the boots is straight.

image.jpg

Then when randomly browsing BvS pictures, I noticed (at least on this image) that the slightly darker pore triad on the figure's neck, is coincidentally as it turns out, pretty accurate. I noticed on this particular up close, detailed image three fairly discernible darker pores on Cavill's neck, and pretty much in the same pattern as what the ones on the figure are.

image.jpeg

Moral of the story? You're never going to get a "perfect" figure and that for any very slightly "blemish" you have, you can turn it into a positive.

I thought this was pretty cool, so thought I'd share. It plays into the whole thing that there's almost always going to be the slightest little "defect" with these figures and you're never going to get a "perfect" one; however, sometimes what you feel is a "defect" can be turned into a positive.

Just recently, I noticed on my second Supes that I got from BBTS this little triad of slightly darker pores in the paint on the side of the neck. Didn't really bother me being that they're very faint and everything else about the figure is pretty much perfect in my eyes. No paint blemishes on the suit, all joints move correctly and at the right resistance, etc. Even the boots on this one don't have a crease at the ankle like the majority of them do. The fabric of the boots is straight.

View attachment 289211

Then when randomly browsing BvS pictures, I noticed (at least on this image) that the slightly darker pore triad on the figure's neck, is coincidentally as it turns out, pretty accurate. I noticed on this particular up close, detailed image three fairly discernible darker pores on Cavill's neck, and pretty much in the same pattern as what the ones on the figure are.

View attachment 289212

Moral of the story? You're never going to get a "perfect" figure and that for any very slightly "blemish" you have, you can turn it into a positive.

Its true. I can give you a suggestion for the blemishes if you'd like. My Figure had the blemishes on his neck, I just put a little Goo B Gone on a paper towel and wiped it clean in one small wipe.

View attachment 289211

View attachment 289212

"No crease at the boots"? Can u take a pic of that and share please, I'm curious what that looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its true. I can give you a suggestion for the blemishes if you'd like. My Figure had the blemishes on his neck, I just put a little Goo B Gone on a paper towel and wiped it clean in one small wipe.

Thanks for the tip. It's not really a big deal to me though; even more so seeing that it's in actuality relatively accurate. I'll keep that in mind though.

"No crease at the boots"? Can u take a pic of that and share please, I'm curious what that looks like

image.jpg

My other one has the popular creases though.

Lol that's cool. I wonder how they did that

The fabric on the boots look to be stretched more so than my other figure. The second part of the knee joint is right underneath the point on the V of the boots on this figure, while the joint is visible above the boots, through the blue fabric on my other figure.

Just grabbed him today from my local comic store. Trying something different with reeves supes stand. Don't mind my crappy photography skills/equipment lol:

bvs 1.jpg

bvs 2.jpg

bvs 3.jpg

Here's a shot of my poor man's BvS Supes. Picked up the heat vision head sculpt from OSK and threw it on my MoS Supes. Not a fan of the wrinkle in the suit I'm getting, but I think it will look pretty decent once I get all three of the Batman figs.
fb12f18dbdabecd6e49d6bdc89204c06.jpg

Back