1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you're never going to get a perfect figure, there's always going to be something. I consider both of mine near perfect, so that's good enough for me. If you try and get a replacement, there's no guarantees that the replacement won't suffer from the same problem, or potentially have something that bothers you even more than the first one did.

Obviously broken joints, discernible scratches, unsightly errant paint stains or fabric tears I can understand. But a slightly loose or too tight joint, a small glue spot in the back that nobody will see, a very small imperfection in the paint? If everything else on the figure is otherwise ship shape and good, sometimes you just have to weigh the pros and cons.
As I posted while ago my figure had eye problem so I contacted sideshow and they sent me replacement head for free. Which looks better but not perfect.I'm painter, that is a reason I'm so picky :D So I gave up, as you are always saying there is no perfect figure on earth. so overall look it good on my figure,I have seen worse ones, cape,sleeves,costume,paint,details are perfect.what bugs me is slightly asymmetrical fabric piece between S and neck,most figures have this issue. but if you hold it a while stretched, it becomes symmetrical . I think it just needs a hair dryer,to make rubber softer and give it a position I want.which I will try later. Sideshow can't give you a guarantee, so I agree that keep original order if its not broken or something or buy used one. I will buy just a body when it will become cheap on Ebay. as I have second head.

I would have liked to have a more perfect figure but I'm sure if I got replacement parts I would have an issue with something else. Figure is still great.

Has anyone bought one of the recast sculpts of this figure on ebay ...and if so how does it look on the MOS body.

I bought a few of them. I haven't tried one on the MOS, but i did put the BVS one on the MOS body if that helps?

1A4788A3-AD56-46D3-88C2-D25C5CD4B378.jpg

7237A00A-B91B-4EBF-AB1E-D104D8D06BA7.jpg

C8945B27-CA6F-4ED7-BE31-C892AE87F80D.jpg

I would have liked to have a more perfect figure but I'm sure if I got replacement parts I would have an issue with something else. Figure is still great.

me too, I totally agree with you. every time I asked replacement for anything I got worse ones. So better keep the ones we have if it has not any serious issue.

My MOS Supermans sleeves reach his hands all the way. This figure I had to smooth out to get them to cover most of the joints but couldn't get it all the way down.

Thanks man....with everything coming it would save me a few quid to buy that sculpt....i actually really like the MOS body and in no rush to replace but the new sculpt looks great

So I sent a photo to sideshow about my Supermans costume with the glue, paint mark, and sleeves and they told me that they'll send me a new body. They want me to destroy the old body and send them photos as proof. That's pretty odd. I feel almost guilty doing that. What has anyone done in this situation in the past?

So I sent a photo to sideshow about my Supermans costume with the glue, paint mark, and sleeves and they told me that they'll send me a new body. They want me to destroy the old body and send them photos as proof. That's pretty odd. I feel almost guilty doing that. What has anyone done in this situation in the past?

Did it for Bale Batman/ Bruce exclusive. Smashed the body and cut up the suit. Otherwise you get charged for the replacement.

So basically wait for the replacement, approve of it or not, smash my old body with a hammer, and take pics and email it as a reply to that same email I guess?

Anyone got this figure and the hot toys reeves ice stand base? Lol. I'm interested to see how that looks together. I tried googling but no results.

Exactly. There is always going to be something. For instance my figure with the little tiny speck of glue on his backside, and the little smidge of paint in the corner of the S shield on his chest. Not noticeable enough to be bad.

Decided that it bothered you too much after all then and are taking the gamble?

I sent them a photo over the weekend before posting on the site asking what they'd recommend without expecting to be offered a replacement. Apparently it is eligible, they said the sleeves are much too short and that the stitching on the front looks like they could separate. So what the hell I guess, why not? If it's better then I won't complain at all.

I sent them a photo over the weekend before posting on the site asking what they'd recommend without expecting to be offered a replacement. Apparently it is eligible, they said the sleeves are much too short and that the stitching on the front looks like they could separate. So what the hell I guess, why not? If it's better then I won't complain at all.

Makes sense. I hope it does end up being better than the first and you're not disappointed.

Anyone else insert wires into their capes? I felt it needed it when displaying a flying pose. Even though it's one of the best draping capes Hot Toys ever made, I wish they had added the wires. The 2 wires I used on either side went in easily, but because the cape is a hollow 2-ply fabric, the wires won't stay at the edges without sowing them in place along the seam. I can't mould dramatic shapes, but it does give the corners a nice lift.

Attachments

• IMG_4622.JPG
    IMG_4622.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4624.JPG
    IMG_4624.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 195
Back