1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today (I ordered the two pack). Any idea of when Batman will arrive, or the tech cowl?

I'm selling this guy, as I only bought it for the tech cowl feature. Hope I can break even...

Anyone else have issues with the kryptonite accessory? Mine will not shut off, as soon as I put the batteries in it the light came on and the switch doesn't seem to work in either position.

Do you mean to put the Alfred suit on the Superman body? Because there are other bodies you can use. And the Alfred suit is pretty spacious.

That's what I mean. I'm planning to get a second figure for a reporter Clark shirt rip. For that reason I want to find a suit that'll fit the new Superman body.

Superman-shirt.jpg

Anyone else have issues with the kryptonite accessory? Mine will not shut off, as soon as I put the batteries in it the light came on and the switch doesn't seem to work in either position.

Mine was a pain to get the batteries in, but the switch works.

That's what I mean. I'm planning to get a second figure for a reporter Clark shirt rip. For that reason I want to find a suit that'll fit the new Superman body.

View attachment 273510

If you can wait till tomorrow, i can check that out. I have a spare Alfred suit here.

No problems with mine either. As mentioned, batteries were difficult to install (as with most HT products), but the switch works.

Got mine in this morning also...awesome figure, now to get on painting the black outlines on the emblem blue. Maybe a fine paint pen is the way to go. Looks pretty small and hard to get to.

I tried to recreate the hall walking pose of him going to court, but the left arm (your right) doesn't lay down by his side close enough. Oh yeah, this figure is magnificent. It's probably just me, but the nose on this one seems much smaller and not as big as the initial release pics. I'm probably just imagining it, but I'm very very impressed with this piece.
e9c7f2f2286ec91340e4c357e3625131.jpg
5e4a9494e23f8907b0c10a833313e21a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to recreate the hall walking scene of him going to court, but the left arm (your right) doesn't lay down by his side close enough. Oh yeah, this figure is magnificent. It's probably just me, but the nose on this one seems much smaller and not as big as the initial release pics. I'm probably just imagining it, but I'm very very impressed with this piece.
e9c7f2f2286ec91340e4c357e3625131.jpg
5e4a9494e23f8907b0c10a833313e21a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet pics man.

That being said...

Superman's in da houseeeee!!!

I agree, the size of the nose isn't as egregious like in some photos. So happy to finally have him.

Sweet pics man.

That being said...

Superman's in da houseeeee!!!

I agree, the size of the nose isn't as egregious like in some photos. So happy to finally have him.

Ditto brother. Wouldn't it be nice if Hot Toys tweaked the nose on the sculpt for the US shipment because they recognized they f'd it up for the China release? Lol. Even though the timing of production would probably never account for that considering when we got this, but we can dream. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet pics, IAT.

I'm like how you are with the nose, except the thighs. I don't think they're as large in hand as what pictures make them out to be.

Sweet pics, IAT.

I'm like how you are with the nose, except the thighs. I don't think they're as large in hand as what pictures make them out to be.

Thanks man. I would agree with that about the thighs. Definitely not as massive as some of the other pics. The overall equilibrium of a the figure works quite well for the most part imo. I really wish I could get down and dirty with the dynamic poses with this figure, but the fabric and articulation definitely don't allow for it. However maybe one day....maybe Justice League....

Thanks man. I would agree with that about the thighs. Definitely not as massive as some of the other pics. The overall equilibrium of a the figure works quite well for the most part imo. I really wish I could get down and dirty with the dynamic poses with this figure, but the fabric and articulation definitely don't allow for it. However maybe one day....maybe Justice League....

Yeah, there's doesn't seem to be much articulation in the legs especially. The joints on mine were a little stiff at first, so I had to apply a bit of force to sort of dislodge the joint and get the leg to move outward. But even then, it doesn't have crazy articulation in the legs.

Speaking of JL, did you guys see the first revealed concept art photo of the characters' suits in JL? Superman essentially looks like they went back to the MoS suit, just with the rectangular belt buckle like in BvS. Same design with the lines as well on the does as in BvS, except the way it comes down across the front and makes contact with the belt buckle, like it does in MoS.

justice-league-concept-art-1870x1049.jpg

As promised to whoajbot:

As it turns out, the difference isn't as minor as I had previously thought. One way to describe is that unless you have the legit version in hand, I GUESS one won't be able to tell the difference. But having them side by side, it's pretty obvious. Naturally, the legit version some how looks crisp and clean. Ah well. The KOs are for mods anyway. Kinda dumb that I have to go this route to give him heat vision...HT, I love you for producing a great figure...but I hate your guts for excluding a heat vision HS considering he USED THEM LIBERALLY IN TWO EFFIN MOVIES. Technically, it's an awesome figure because of the HS and outfit...but alas, it's only a great figure because of a glaring omission.

Just look at this magnificent bastard. So effortlessly regal.

And the start of my dream team. It's gonna be a LONG while before the JL is complete...but come Sept (batmans release date), the JL will be 3 strong.

flash is generally bad for figure display and pictures... but in this case flash/bright light really highlights the body's musculature so well. Trying to figure out a way to display him facing a bright light source.

As promised to whoajbot:

As it turns out, the difference isn't as minor as I had previously thought. One way to describe is that unless you have the legit version in hand, I GUESS one won't be able to tell the difference. But having them side by side, it's pretty obvious. Naturally, the legit version some how looks crisp and clean.

I'd agree about the HT head looking better as regards paint(I have painted one of my bootleg heads with black hair, and that adds to the look over the brown hair they have when they arrive), but I also think there is somebody about the bootlegs that makes them look different, but good in their own way. The blue eyes are a lighter shade and there is more shadow in the paintwork on the bootleg.
Painting the hair black seems to reduce the facial contrast though.

Got mine last night. What an amazing figure. HT nailed this one. The only issue I have is I really don't want to display him with the clamp. Didn't like trying a crotch grabber either so he's free standing. Actually stands pretty great on his own. Sorry for the bad iPhone pic.

Back