1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after living with him at home for a day or so i dont know if i got a odd one but the head seemed long and thin ,bit too much above the eye brows ,i tried lowering the head on the neck post a little ,seems to me anway improves the overall look and seems to make the head seem more inscale to the body ,

only problem is i keep thinking ray wilkins when i look at him lol

i think its the eye ,nose mouth and chin ratio ?
Yup, the head sculpt is off.
The nose is too big, the forehead is too high, the eyebrows are too low and the whole face is too narrow, not square enough.
The MOS sculpt is a better Cavill likeness, this one needs to be viewed at specific angles in order to look good.

The nose is too big, the forehead is too high, the eyebrows are too low and the whole face is too narrow, not square enough.
The MOS sculpt is a better Cavill likeness, this one needs to be viewed at specific angles in order to look good.

*punches Tourist in his grill*

Kill that noise, bro.

*punches Tourist in his grill*

Kill that noise, bro.

hahaha
giphy.gif

yeah i see what your saying ,in hand he just seems a little off ,i don't see it as strong as you put it lol but still

looking at the "custom "ones on ebay do you think this seems more like him ,it seems a little broader in the face ,at least in these pictures ,i ordered a couple ,one should be delivered tomorrow with any luck ,ill post comparisons when it arrives
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 250
yeah i see what your saying ,in hand he just seems a little off ,i don't see it as strong as you put it lol but still

looking at the "custom "ones on ebay do you think this seems more like him ,it seems a little broader in the face ,at least in these pictures ,i ordered a couple ,one should be delivered tomorrow with any luck ,ill post comparisons when it arrives

The custom ones do look slightly different on the Ebay pictures but it could just be the photos, I doubt these guys re-sculpted anything.
When photographed up close the face widens and looks a bit better, also the resin used by knockoff manufacturers tends to shrink in places which can slightly alter the outcome.
I'm looking forward to your photos when you have both in hand.
At any rate, this is still a good looking figure and I'm looking forward to getting mine.

when is the batman shipping? I thought this was a a package deal to get the exclusive cowl?

It is a package deal, but being that the figures are releasing at different times, the word is that you will get each one at the time it is released. They won't come at the same time, packaged in the same box. Supes has released so you will receive him first, then you will receive Batman when he starts shipping. If you selected the combo pack option, the TC will come packaged with Batman.

I like the sculpt , no matter what they say.:pfft:

yeah i like it too lol :duff
certainly enough to buy it and two custom sculpts to mess around with
do i think its perfect no but im happy enough and not blind to little things that seem off to me ,not asking every one to agree with me or to bash this figure ,just some general observations on having it in hand for a day or so , these level of figures is a dream come true to me at least ,and i feel lucky i lived long enough to see it :yess::lol

I'm already thinking about the HT Justice League version of Superman....just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The custom ones do look slightly different on the Ebay pictures but it could just be the photos, I doubt these guys re-sculpted anything.
When photographed up close the face widens and looks a bit better, also the resin used by knockoff manufacturers tends to shrink in places which can slightly alter the outcome.
I'm looking forward to your photos when you have both in hand.
At any rate, this is still a good looking figure and I'm looking forward to getting mine.

here you go apologies for the crummy pictures ,my phone is choked up with stuff ,trying to clear it lol
yeah in hand a discounting lense distortion ,it is a good copy and seems slightly fuller in the lower part of the face than the original ,the one in the middle of the picture ,easily distinguishable by the black lining on the inside of the lower face section ,to prevent paint rubbing
ill try and get better picture later when my phones cleared out
27497713842_80a1454ee6_c.jpg
27497720222_ddd540de91_c.jpg

Back