1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I'm gonna end up buying this - just like to pretend it's relevant and HT is not just exploiting my batman crush [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boo to the suicide squad give me a battle damaged armor (sp)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Lol armored batman. Deep down i think it will come in die cast. If not diecast (that would make it very expensive) then at least battle damaged with spear.

The only differences are the wired cape, rebreather and stand. Obsolete? Far from it, but great for anyone who missed out.

Seems like the cape, and possibly the stand are an improvement over the original. And the rebreather is just an added accessory.

If you had to pick one, seems like this newer version would be the one to have

Which I don't even own, but can still tell you're talking balls.

No, I'm not talking balls. At least not trying too.

Just judging from the pictures, the cape seems to be a big improvement over the original. You can see in this thread a lot of people are looking for a custom cape for their figure since they are not happy with the stock version.

Rebreather is an added accessory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't seem like other accessories are missing? Maybe the grappling hook?

Also, stand looks pretty nice. Not a big deal, but does look nice

Just judging from the pictures, the cape seems to be a big improvement over the original. You can see in this thread a lot of people are looking for a custom cape for their figure since they are not happy with the stock version.

Rebreather is an added accessory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't seem like other accessories are missing? Maybe the grappling hook?

Agreed, but wired capes never look natural in museum poses. I can see some people going the custom route with the SS version.

I prefer the BVS stand but I'm biased haha.

It's a great looking piece though and if I didn't have a BVS one already I'd pick it up no doubt. Heck, if I had the space/funds I'd have BVS set up all moody museum pose and the SS in a dynamic flight pose.

The new one looks like the DX 09 Batman cape. With a little time and effort, you could pose and futz that cape to make it drape naturally for museum poses.

IMG_5996.JPG

This looks great,

IMG_5992.JPG
IMG_5990.JPG
You_Doodle_2017-02-11T18_21_20Z.jpg

Agreed, but wired capes never look natural in museum poses. I can see some people going the custom route with the SS version.

I prefer the BVS stand but I'm biased haha.

It's a great looking piece though and if I didn't have a BVS one already I'd pick it up no doubt. Heck, if I had the space/funds I'd have BVS set up all moody museum pose and the SS in a dynamic flight pose.

I'm with you on wired capes. They can look nice, but I'm generally not a fan of them. They come off as looking a bit too statue-like to me.

How much is this and where you can pre-order? Missed out on the first release....

Also, ain't this new suit look darker than the first release?

I am definitely happy for everyone that missed out on the first Batman but it was bad enough that Hot Toys releases a new Hawkeye every year and multiple Iron Man armors...I cannot help but be disappointed that now Hot Toys will be releasing identical Batman figures with different capes each year...when does it end! Hopefully Blitzway can get a bigger factory or something so that they can release more figures and fill everyone's non Batman, Iron Man, Stormtrooper variant needs...it is starting to remind me of the 90's when Marvel Comics insisted on releasing each issue 1 with 12 different covers.

I am definitely happy for everyone that missed out on the first Batman but it was bad enough that Hot Toys releases a new Hawkeye every year and multiple Iron Man armors...I cannot help but be disappointed that now Hot Toys will be releasing identical Batman figures with different capes each year...when does it end! Hopefully Blitzway can get a bigger factory or something so that they can release more figures and fill everyone's non Batman, Iron Man, Stormtrooper variant needs...it is starting to remind me of the 90's when Marvel Comics insisted on releasing each issue 1 with 12 different covers.

When people stop buying them.

Ugh! I bought the BvS version on eBay just last night. Oh well, I want the BvS Trinity and I feel that the tattered cape is part of Batman's look in that movie. And I'll have mine in hand in a week or so.

For the REGULAR BvS Batman package, yes, this one's got everything it had plus the better cape and rebreather. That's why I think the EX, Tech Cowl, and particularly the EX+Tech Cowl packages might not be affected that much in the aftermarket.

Back