Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6340877187_e560ff7a41_z.jpg

6340878131_2d4af93c8b_z.jpg

6341629222_65d809c82c_z.jpg

Ah, that's what I thought.

What are you doing with the OC now?

Sporting the new head.

6277698860_57c438db9e_z.jpg

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

No interest in having the clips way back on the shoulders where the holes are. No interest at all.

Yeah I knew what you meant. My initial comment was directed towards your "cut them off the new cape" comment. The clips come off the cape easily without damaging the cape or clips.

Now if you said cut the pegs off the clip, that's a different story.

I recall the OC Batman cape pegs snapping as those weren't meant to be removed. That's one of the reasons I didn't get a new cape for it and left the stock cape as is.

I have something up my sleeve for the cape clasps, lforigno cape and cowl . . . similar to what vodoun did, but more aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:
I have something up my sleeve for the cape clasps, lforigno cape and cowl . . . similar to what vodoun did, but more aesthetically pleasing.

I'm intrigued. You should tell me before I destroy my clips.

Anyone know where I can buy a good, single-figure display case for less than eleventy billion dollars for this guy? I've been reading he really attracts dust. There are a few on ebay, one guy says his have "minor faults" for around 40 total. One AUS seller has one...for a whopping 150 bucks total. I'll only have two HT figs and one 12 in DCD, so I don't want a detolf.

I think I'm just gonna have my wife sculpt me some out of Sculpy. :)

Could I have your cape clips then please? :monkey3

I'll pay ya!

Also, I tried the Takara gauntlets on this figure last night, classy stuff. Good idea. I like the way they fit and look but I don't like how the Takara gauntlets are sort of tacky/sticky. It's really slight, but it still bothers me.

Still though, I like the shape of them, it has this curve to it that I prefer to the Hot Toys version. I just wish they were made out of a harder plastic and had sharper spikes like the Hot Toys.

Could I have your cape clips then please? :monkey3

I'll pay ya!

:lol The idea behind having my wife sculpt them is to keep the figure as close to stock as possible (despite the fact that I butchered the hell out of the cowl. :rock), so I'd want to keep the stock cape and it's clips.

Also, I tried the Takara gauntlets on this figure last night, classy stuff. Good idea. I like the way they fit and look but I don't like how the Takara gauntlets are sort of tacky/sticky. It's really slight, but it still bothers me.

Still though, I like the shape of them, it has this curve to it that I prefer to the Hot Toys version. I just wish they were made out of a harder plastic and had sharper spikes like the Hot Toys.

I like the soft plastic of the Takara gauntlets. I think it's part of the appeal.

And it's not like your eyes can feel how soft they are. :dunno

I think I'm just gonna have my wife sculpt me some out of Sculpy. :)

Cotton bud, cut the end off and imprint the circle when it's hardened up a bit.

gauntlets.jpg

13171_cotton_wool.jpg

200.jpg

Ok, I need to ask. How do you remove the rubber suit from the hard plastic body without ruining anything?

I got my replacement (second) body to replace the first body that had the glued/broken wrist peg, but the second body has a dull looking rubbed spot on one of the butt cheeks. It also has what looks like a tiny cut next to one of the knee guards, so since the first rubber suit was perfect I want to try and switch them. It looks like it’s only glued in one spot (between the legs), but do I just pull it off or do I need to put something on the spot to make the glue turn loose?

I called Sideshow again and told them I was going to try and fix it (“AGAIN”), because I really hate the idea of having to send something back; especially twice now.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dollmanron, just take them off gently as you would a pair of 1/6 pants and a 1/6 shirt.

Start with the pants and gently pull them off the legs. Then the top just lift the arms up as far as they go above the shoulders and take it off too.

The rubber suit won't tear or rip, trust me. Be gentle, make sure there isn't a head or neck post connected etc. The only "damage" that will occur is the sections where the upper rubber shirt was glued to the lower rubber pants (around the back, sides and crotch area).

Dollmanron, just take them off gently as you would a pair of 1/6 pants and a 1/6 shirt.

Start with the pants and gently pull them off the legs. Then the top just lift the arms up as far as they go above the shoulders and take it off too.

The rubber suit won't tear or rip, trust me. Be gentle, make sure there isn't a head or neck post connected etc. The only "damage" that will occur is the sections where the upper rubber shirt was glued to the lower rubber pants (around the back, sides and crotch area).

But what do I do about that glued piece of the top that's glued between his legs?

Oh My God, I'm beginning to hate this figure!

I was trying to remove one of the boots and as I was pulling I didn't know I had my thumb still on the top of the boot and because the rubber is so thin it looks stretched/torn now. :slap:slap

Back