Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Yes.

I heated mine up with a hair dryer and popped it right off.

It's at the top of Sideshow Toys' website. Like 1-800-sideshow or something. :)

Thanks mag, just called but they are closed so I left a message. Is SS usually pretty good at sending back broken pieces like this? Or how does it usually work if you know?

What's better than getting one new toy? getting parts from it to complete another toy!! Turned my Takara bats to First night out and switched the gauntlets. Best 50 I spent, Ever!!

Those tabs for the cape isn't really very secure is it? i think the head is the one that's really keeping it in there securely.
Picture228-1.jpg

to be honest, i think this figure is a piece of crap.. compared to the 08 ver.... i hate the body, mine had a dent on the tummy.. no broken ankle but it feels alittle loose... hate the cape... only salvageable aspects are the two new headsculpts..

to be honest, i think this figure is a piece of crap.. compared to the 08 ver.... i hate the body, mine had a dent on the tummy.. no broken ankle but it feels alittle loose... hate the cape... only salvageable aspects are the two new headsculpts..

I agree, And that being said the Bruce Wayne headsculpt turned out like crap. Especially since you have a great paint up on the Adam sculpt Im sure you can see in person how off the sculpt is.

It's undersized the likeness was totally distorted in production. it's totally compressed looking in profile. It's one of their worst heads ever.

The rubber on the suit seems cheaper and thinner/softer. more like cheap rubber and less like plastic like the first version, the body cheaper. The suit has an awkward tacky dullness to it.

I think this figure is a HUGE FAIL

Obviously though it still has it's strengths. I got rid of my old one so im stuck with this. DO like the switch out mouths,. Very cool and when i get lforigno's cape it should look cool like Maglor's. The HT cape is soooo bad.

Yikes, it really sounds like a lot of folks are encountering problems with this figure. I almost feel bad saying that mine seems perfect. Tight ankles, no dent, no weird paint rub or shiny forehead on Bruce. I dodged a bullet. You guys should get refunds. Don't settle on even reasonably small defects. I mean, they got you to pay at least $230. Get your money's worth.

Anyway, I really like it. Finally able to own the best Batman figure without having to pay an exorbitant amount of money. Not having owned the original OC Batman, I'm not really missing much I guess, though I wish the suit's torso wouldn't look so dry under certain lighting conditions, similar to Wookster's. (only in photos though. In person, it's barely noticeable).

Thought I'd share a couple shots. Forgot to take some of Bruce before I kitted up the cowl and cape, now I'm too lazy to switch it back to his first-night out gear. Sorry.
IMG_5903SM.jpg

IMG_5964Small.jpg

The suit is thin, thinner than the BAtman Demon suit, but aside from that my copy is perfect out of the box.

Is that the stock cape? If so how did you get it to look so natural? I've been futsing mine for hours.

Yep, stock cape. I'm not sure I did anything different or special. I did notice though that the more of the cape I could stuff under the cowl the flatter it laid on his shoulders.it was a hell of a tough time pushing the cape's pegs into the suit though.

Yep, stock cape. I'm not sure I did anything different or special. I did notice though that the more of the cape I could stuff under the cowl the flatter it laid on his shoulders.it was a hell of a tough time pushing the cape's pegs into the suit though.

Might have to give it a try, I think I'm gonna get one of Lance's custom capes like I did for my medi. That is after I solve this whole boot issue.

Has anybody posted pics with the takara cape on yet?

Well, besides the damn ankle, this guy is awesome. I really hope SS hooks me up with a new boot or something of that sorts. Anywhoo. here's some quick shots (finally finished my goal to get the 3 batsuits!)
IMAG0389.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

I'm either gonna get another one of Lance's capes, or I'm gonna see what the Tak's cape looks like on him.

Also gonna give my FNO batman one of the extra belts this guy came with.

The figures left side of the cape doesn't fold and go down evenly with the other side when I try to lay it back.

Back