Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see speculation threads banned, but that's just me.

They've gotten way out of hand at this point.

You should make a speculation post about speculating the possibility of speculation posts being banned.

Anyone want to fly with me to Hong Kong to protest us not having a hot toys bespin han? It is a missing void in my life. I’m going to go listen to sad songs and dream of the one that got away....

Anyone want to fly with me to Hong Kong to protest us not having a hot toys bespin han? It is a missing void in my life. I’m going to go listen to sad songs and dream of the one that got away....
I was reading an article last week that mentioned that Harrison Ford is not looked upon favourably in China by the government due to him always campaigning for freedom for Tibet. He has spoken out about the Chinese government’s treatment of its people many times. I know there are plenty of pieces of Han merchandise made in China. But there’s also that thing where he massacred Jimmy Fallon’s ANH Han…
After smashing up the HT TFA figure on live tv....maybe Ford has stopped his likeness from ever being used again in dolly form:giggle:
Yeah. I can imagine HC seeing that and deciding no more Han. But at the same time, they’re just a business. Can there really be an ulterior motive? Or is it just keeping the fans waiting?

I was reading an article last week that mentioned that Harrison Ford is not looked upon favourably in China by the government due to him always campaigning for freedom for Tibet. He has spoken out about the Chinese government’s treatment of its people many times. I know there are plenty of pieces of Han merchandise made in China. But there’s also that thing where he massacred Jimmy Fallon’s ANH Han…

Yeah. I can imagine HC seeing that and deciding no more Han. But at the same time, they’re just a business. Can there really be an ulterior motive? Or is it just keeping the fans waiting?
Stormtrooper Han was revealed and came out a full 2-3 years after he destroyed that figure, I'd say that has nothing to do with it.

It's possible HT had that Stormtrooper Han figure under contract to produce way before Ford threw that tantrum with his dolly...

Or maybe he just want's a bigger slice of the pie when it comes to his image rights....hence the delay

I gave up waiting for this and bought the ANH double pack.
I still hope this gets released though and I can then compare as there can be only one Han and Chewie set.

I do wish this figure would happen, but I have to think something is preventing it beyond just Hot Toys choosing not to make it. We had quite a good number of ESB releases last year for the anniversary, and it seems like a prototype exists. Seems like one of those that may never happen for whatever crazy reason.

pure speculation, but it seems like ford’s likeness rights are quite expensive. That may be the holdup. Why pay ford and Disney a fortune to sell 2000 bespin han, when they can sell 2000 troopers and probably make more money. I do think bespin han would sell big time, but maybe when he negotiates for the new Indy movie, it will be a package deal. I’m going to go stare at my dolls and sob about the missing piece in my collection.

Part of me wishes I would have bought the Sideshow Hoth Han back in the day so I could have cobbled a custom together. Seeing as how that covered at least the jacket and white shirt.

pure speculation, but it seems like ford’s likeness rights are quite expensive. That may be the holdup. Why pay ford and Disney a fortune to sell 2000 bespin han, when they can sell 2000 troopers and probably make more money. I do think bespin han would sell big time, but maybe when he negotiates for the new Indy movie, it will be a package deal. I’m going to go stare at my dolls and sob about the missing piece in my collection.

That's not how it works. It doesn't cost more for Ford's likeness than it does Hamill's. They're all the same. It's all a package deal, that's why Star Wars was so revolutionary at the time.

I love how this is a "Speculation" thread :ROFLMAO:

It's a bit like the Logan (2017) Speculation thread that became a cover for Wolverine bootlegs and customs during the dark days when bootlegs were a forbidden topic.

Hot Toys never did make a 1/6 Logan...

bespin han.jpg

It's a bit like the Logan (2017) Speculation thread that became a cover for Wolverine bootlegs and customs during the dark days when bootlegs were a forbidden topic.

Hot Toys never did make a 1/6 Logan...

View attachment 536227
Ah yes I remember, another Sideshow market monopoly play. What a crap company.....

I'm happy with my bootleg Logan though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back