Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's not, man. Show an article that Ford was the exception to the rule in terms of merchandising. Everyone has known that the only character who didn't give rights were the Tonnika sisters. Hence zero figures in all this time.

Do you have an article stating that he signed the same contract as everyone else? Smudger9 stated that Lucas said in Empire of Dreams that Harrison didn't sign up for additional films initially. He was also paid weekly for ANH. I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I'm genuinely curious to know if it's been stated otherwise from an official source. I have not seen Empire of Dreams.

Hasbro have certainly pumped out enough Hans over the last few years, so why would he be so against a company like Hot Toys making far more flattering figures of him? The imaging rights argument makes no sense.

Do you have an article stating that he signed the same contract as everyone else? Smudger9 stated that Lucas said in Empire of Dreams that Harrison didn't sign up for additional films initially. He was also paid weekly for ANH. I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I'm genuinely curious to know if it's been stated otherwise from an official source. I have not seen Empire of Dreams.
Carrie and Luke signed on for all three films. Ford had not. Matter of fact I think he was only signed on for the first two. Hence why they put him in Carbonite because at that time Lucas didn't know if Ford would come back for the third.

Let's say for arguments sake Ford DID work out a different contract that altered likeness rights.

Bespin Han would still fall under the original contract since he was signed on for the first two.

And if that was the case why has there been Return of the Jedi Merchandise of Han.

Medicom x Enterbay even did a Endor Han with his likeness.

These theories that Ford needs to approve the likeness just doesn't add up when you look at all the other Merchandise that has come before.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hasbro have certainly pumped out enough Hans over the last few years, so why would he be so against a company like Hot Toys making far more flattering figures of him? The imaging rights argument makes no sense.

If I had to guess (which I do) it could be due to those characters looking more like a representation of the character than the actual actor. They certainly don't brag about an authentic likeness of Harrison Ford, nor should they. Though, honestly, I feel like a lot of 6" sculpts are getting better.

Rumor is though that he only collects the Indy figures.

6361cd076142648b5cea7601bd2d518d.jpg

Carrie and Luke signed on for all three films. Ford had not. Matter of fact I think he was only signed on for the first two. Hence why they put him in Carbonite because at that time Lucas didn't know if Ford would come back for the third.

Let's say for arguments sake Ford DID work out a different contract that altered likeness rights.

Bespin Han would still fall under the original contract since he was signed on for the first two.

And if that was the case why has there been Return of the Jedi Merchandise of Han.

Medicom x Enterbay even did a Endor Han with his likeness.

These theories that Ford needs to approve the likeness just doesn't add up when you look at all the other Merchandise that has come before.

I honestly think that it could be different depending on what the product is, what regions is being produced in, and if they're trying to recreate Harrison Fords likeness accurately. Movie and likeness rights can be very odd and specific. It's all speculative though, without knowing the terms of the contract.

I honestly think that it could be different depending on what the product is, what regions is being produced in, and if they're trying to recreate Harrison Fords likeness accurately. Movie and likeness rights can be very odd and specific. It's all speculative though, without knowing the terms of the contract.

Oh definitely there are different licensing contracts for different scales, but

Hasbro owns the master license through Disney/Lucasfilm so it all falls under Hasbro.

Hot Toys has the Asian 1:6 License
Sideshow has the North American 1:6 Licence

Medicom had the Asian license before HT got it and was able to do the Ultimate Unison Endor Han with Enterbay.

One of their last releases before HT got the stranglehold.

Oh definitely there are different licensing contracts for different scales, but

Hasbro owns the master license through Disney/Lucasfilm so it all falls under Hasbro.

Hot Toys has the Asian 1:6 License
Sideshow has the North American 1:6 Licence

Medicom had the Asian license before HT got it and was able to do the Ultimate Unison Endor Han with Enterbay.

One of their last releases before HT got the stranglehold.

And even then there are likely deep nuances to each of those licenses for what can be done and how.

Ultimately I don't believe there's no possibility that Ford (or his "people") have a say in likeness when it comes to 1/6 SW figures. You're not going to agree with me either and that's fine.

I'm happy to leave this off on a pleasant note rather than the playground insults we resorted to momentarily.

Is that really a rumor? The guy loves Indiana Jones and will likely want to continue playing him until he dies, however implausible it is. Han Solo? Not so much.

No, not a rumor. Just a funny picture with him holding Mr. Potato Head Indy is all.

It’s weird how Han has only gotten two Original Trilogy figures by Hot Toys, but yet Luke and Leia have multiple variants.

He might not have had to sign off on those. Depends on the contracts for the individual movies. He's shown some disdain for Star Wars so it's not out of the question that he suddenly opted not to approve them.

No one is saying that it definitively is the issue, just that it's a possibility because we don't know the terms of the contract.

But I assume he signed off on this train wreck likeness (for the EXACT SAME CHARACTER AND OUTFIT we're discussing here,) now suddenly he's all super picky?...:lol

dDJFhxgrWNl5jiQ3vDB--nYi_r2Ixyjnl_qsv-_wCsPzh74VG08Ujrn_ZVjsVBNkKg9MIbbKJHVPwsbVBfbL351et2wAAcZxbAaw5Q

Rumor is though that he only collects the Indy figures.

6361cd076142648b5cea7601bd2d518d.jpg

Buys lots of and lovingly cradles Hasbro crap, snaps HT figs like cheap garbage. I think we might be getting closer to an answer here.:lecture:rotfl

But I assume he signed off on this train wreck likeness (for the EXACT SAME CHARACTER AND OUTFIT we're discussing here,) now suddenly he's all super picky?...:lol

I doubt Sideshow described that as "Authentic and detailed likeness of Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back."

At least I sure hope they didn't. That would have been bold. :lol

Though he also hasn't assaulted one of their figures on live TV. :dunno

I doubt Sideshow described that as "Authentic and detailed likeness of Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back."

At least I sure hope they didn't. That would have been bold. :lol

Alec Baldwin probably bought a half dozen before he realized it wasn't supposed to be him.:lol

At least I sure hope they didn't. That would have been bold. [emoji38]

They did.

And the same with their more current PF

But surely Ford doesn't want HT to capture his likeness. Screenshot_20200816-184615_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200816-184501_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back