Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can guarantee its not Ford.

You 100% cannot guarantee that.

They all did. Don't kid yourself.

I'm not "kidding" myself. This has been reported by multiple sources. I don't know with 100% certainty that it's true, but none of us do.

I dont think it goes into conspiracy that Ford is refusing the approval. [emoji1]

It's not a conspiracy theory, just a theory. Which is all we have at the moment and all we'll likely ever have.

You 100% cannot guarantee that.

I'm not "kidding" myself. This has been reported by multiple sources. I don't know with 100% certainty that it's true, but none of us do.

It's not a conspiracy theory, just a theory. Which is all we have at the moment and all we'll likely ever have.

But I can. No actor has any control over this license. Thats a FACT. You don't have to take my word for it. Watch some documentaries. Its a pretty well known fact. Dunno what else I can tell ya. [emoji1][emoji2357][emoji2369]

Same thing was brought up over the lack of HT Qui Gon before he was released too. And I said the same thing then as Im repeating now. It has nothing to do with the actor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. It's common in newer movie contracts but wasn't the case in years past. You can continue to act like an authority on the matter but just a little research would tell you otherwise.

Edit: Here's an article that covers use of actor's likenesses and how it's typical for studios to acquire the rights but may differ depending on the negotiations of the actor and their agent(s):

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/merchandising-clauses-actors-39648/

An excerpt:

"Of course, top talent may be able to bargain for a much higher royalty ? 12.5 percent or higher ? in addition to a more favorable definition of net merchandising receipts and various approval rights, such as approval over the use of his or her name and likeness on merchandise and possibly the look of the merchandise itself. Major stars may even negotiate a separate lucrative merchandising and endorsement deal with the studio for their characters."

Last edited:
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. It's common in newer movie contracts but wasn't the case in years past. You can continue to act like an authority on the matter but just a little research would tell you otherwise.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Dude you "clearly don't know what YOURE talking about". Maybe you should be doing the "research"?

Since STAR WARS coined the "merchandising boom" other studios followed suit. And I'll stand by my comment. No actor has a say. Thats how it is. Sorry.[emoji2369]

They all did. Don't kid yourself. Why has there been merchandise of Han and Indy for all these years? And now all the sudden Ford has an issue? Nope.

Lucas specifically states in Empire of Dreams that after ANH Mark and Carrie signed up for 2 more films, but Harrison didn?t. Obviously he appeared in those two films, but he will almost certainly have signed on for more favourable terms, which may or may not have included likeness rights.

Read the article that I linked. Or continue to stamp your feet and shake your head like a child.
Where is Star Wars mentioned in this article? And I'm definitely seeing someone stamp his feet.

History lesson:
When George set out to make Star Wars in the binding agreement he was able to keep all merchandising rights. Also it has been stated several times the actors had to sign off to star in the film.

Keep in mind in 77 Ford wasnt the "Big Hollywood Star" he went on to be. So if you are grasping to that then unfortunately that doesn't apply here.

And with George selling Star Wars to Disney he also sold all the merchandising rights as well.

Lucas specifically states in Empire of Dreams that after ANH Mark and Carrie signed up for 2 more films, but Harrison didn?t. Obviously he appeared in those two films, but he will almost certainly have signed on for more favourable terms, which may or may not have included likeness rights.
Then explain the plethora of Han Solo merchandise using his likeness in the last 4 decades. Most notably the Sideshow 1:6, PFs and statues and Medicom and Enterbay offering.

Where is Star Wars mentioned in this article? And I'm definitely seeing someone stamp his feet.
History lesson:
When George set out to make Star Wars in the binding agreement he was able to keep all merchandising rights. Also it has been stated several times the actors had to sign off to star in the film.

Keep in mind in 77 Ford wasnt the "Big Hollywood Star" he went on to be. So if you are grasping to that then unfortunately that doesn't apply here.

And with George selling Star Wars to Disney he also sold all the merchandising rights as well.

You're wrong, dude. Just take the loss and move on. You're not convincing anyone here.

So Ford signed off on all those abysmal and near-abysmal 1/6 versions of Han, Indy and others (e.g. Woodrow fig from "Cowboys and Aliens") - even more recently with the HT Smirk Solo - but he's suddenly drawn a line in the sand when it comes to the Bespin figure?:dunno

The ONLY way I could see if Ford had worked out some new agreement was to get him to sign on for Force Awakens. Where he may have been able to negotiate a new agreement. Also highly unlikely due to there being Ford/Solo Merchandise since then.

And let's be real here, this is Disney we are talking about. Had he came in with that they would have told him to walk. Run the risk if loss out of all future Solo merchandise just to have him come back for one movie. Very doubtful indeed.

So Ford signed off on all those abysmal and near-abysmal 1/6 versions of Han, Indy and others (e.g. Woodrow fig from "Cowboys and Aliens") - even more recently with the HT Smirk Solo - but he's suddenly drawn a line in the sand when it comes to the Bespin figure?:dunno
Voice of reason finally. Thank you.

He might not have had to sign off on those. Depends on the contracts for the individual movies. He's shown some disdain for Star Wars so it's not out of the question that he suddenly opted not to approve them.

No one is saying that it definitively is the issue, just that it's a possibility because we don't know the terms of the contract.

He might not have had to sign off on those. Depends on the contracts for the individual movies. He's shown some disdain for Star Wars so it's not out of the question that he suddenly opted not to approve them.

No one is saying that it definitively is the issue, just that it's a possibility because we don't know the terms of the contract.
Really grasping at straws aren't ya? [emoji38]

Keep crying [emoji22] [emoji24]

I'm honestly confused at what stake you have in this. Actors can own rights to their likeness depending on the contract. It's also been quoted that Ford didn't have the same contract as other Star Wars actors. I don't know that's what's holding up the Bespin figure from release. None of us do. Why are you so adamant this theory not be accepted?

You're wrong, dude. Just take the loss and move on. You're not convincing anyone here.

No he's not, man. Show an article that Ford was the exception to the rule in terms of merchandising. Everyone has known that the only character who didn't give rights were the Tonnika sisters. Hence zero figures in all this time.

I'm honestly confused at what stake you have in this. Actors can own rights to their likeness depending on the contract. It's also been quoted that Ford didn't have the same contract as other Star Wars actors. I don't know that's what's holding up the Bespin figure from release. None of us do. Why are you so adamant this theory not be accepted?

Because this has been a known fact in the Star Wars collecting community for as long as I can remember. I will be adamant about it till some one says different in a documentary or an official word from HT or Disney/Lucasfilm or Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back