Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 680406

Nooooooo! My worst fear came true and the suit has started to flake 😭. Hopefully it’s not too hard to find a replacement. I had her in a fighting pose for a while and the pleather seems to have melted together in certain parts.

Atleast her wig is still serving 💅
Don't bother finding a replacement. 99.9% of the time, it will flake when you place the suit on figure. This is speaking from my experience

View attachment 680406

Nooooooo! My worst fear came true and the suit has started to flake 😭. Hopefully it’s not too hard to find a replacement. I had her in a fighting pose for a while and the pleather seems to have melted together in certain parts.

Atleast her wig is still serving 💅
angelus flat black and matte finisher with duller solves the issue. if you have time.

Don't bother finding a replacement. 99.9% of the time, it will flake when you place the suit on figure. This is speaking from my experience
not if you preapplied at least 2 coats of angelus finisher and be gentle when putting on.

not if you preapplied at least 2 coats of angelus finisher and be gentle when putting on.

I had tried Angelus before on 3 suits that I purchased from ebay, Angelus is not able to help because the black paint material of the suit is losing its adhesive property with the suit’s underlying fabric material over time. Stretching the suit when wearing it is enough to make the black paint material peel off

did you coat both sides. if you can get it to sip tru the fabric side it will add more grip from the original adhesives. also needs at least 2 coats on the pleather side and dont stress it too much esp folding. and once near dry press them together.

did you coat both sides. if you can get it to sip tru the fabric side it will add more grip from the original adhesives. also needs at least 2 coats on the pleather side and dont stress it too much esp folding. and once near dry press them together.
Tried, does not work

I still have the HT suit on the cardboard it came with as never put it on the figure. I may sell it as have no plans to put it on the figure. Would pre-treating a suit prevent it from peeling when put on figure?

Let me know if you do decide to sell it. I thought about getting the one from ebay but I cant trust that it’s been kept in a good environment with proper humidity…

I still have the HT suit on the cardboard it came with as never put it on the figure. I may sell it as have no plans to put it on the figure. Would pre-treating a suit prevent it from peeling when put on figure??
based on the experience. nope. unless you can avoid any stress.

Let me know if you do decide to sell it. I thought about getting the one from ebay but I cant trust that it’s been kept in a good environment with proper humidity…
maybe touch up and call it a day. should the day comes where it starts flaking remove the outfit clean up the pleather and use plasti dip on or swipe 20 coats of angelus black paint on 😂. someone really did 20 coats on black widow suit but just areas. i only managed to go up to 13 coats and called it a day.

Picked up a repainted sculpt from another member on here. I absolutely love the look and emotion they captured with the slightly raised brows and redness in the eyes. I really need to track down the Daft Toys bar outfit set now.

PXL_20240108_012823397.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240108_012837772.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240108_012849232.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

PXL_20240108_001548924.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_7895.jpeg

IMG_7894.jpeg

I’ve been a bit bothered with how the helmet fits on the PlayToy version. Its loose and very large. Not tight around her head. What do you guys think about this custom sculpt?

I had tried Angelus before on 3 suits that I purchased from ebay, Angelus is not able to help because the black paint material of the suit is losing its adhesive property with the suit’s underlying fabric material over time. Stretching the suit when wearing it is enough to make the black paint material peel off
303 conditioner may help. I don't have the same experience treating pleather as much as Potato does, but it could be worth a shot. I may try the 303 on my suit just because of these posts. I realize it may need to be reapplied numerous times

303 conditioner may help. I don't have the same experience treating pleather as much as Potato does, but it could be worth a shot. I may try the 303 on my suit just because of these posts. I realize it may need to be reapplied numerous times
looking at the texture of the suit. i recommend doing nothing and just let the pleather fall off then clean it up. once done apply 1 coat of angelus black followed by maybe a satin finisher, then apply few more coats of black then finish it off with the finisher of your choice.

i tested on a pair of boots with jist fabric left and i get the exact squarish texture as the one on the suit.

View attachment 682663
View attachment 682664

I’ve been a bit bothered with how the helmet fits on the PlayToy version. Its loose and very large. Not tight around her head. What do you guys think about this custom sculpt?
This is just an idea but rather than sculpting her head inside the helmet why not just make a proper size helmet to fit over an existing head either Hot Toys or Playtoy? There would better opportunities to sell castings reasonably priced rather than a full head under the helmet which wouldn’t be as cost friendly nor as desirable… this is only an opinion to offer some thought..

Do you think the kneepads can be removed without ripping the pants? Was still looking for replacement pants but they only have the sports version

Attachments

• IMG_7970.png
    IMG_7970.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back