Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaftToys is our one stop shop...glad I didn't buy a third HT Alita figure.

I should of held out and waited for the Daft toys head. [emoji23]

I just bought the two other rooted knockoffs earlier this week. I guess it is nice to have all these options.

I just rewatched the movie last night for the 1st since the theatrical release.

I forgot the Daft Toys costume is the only scene in the movie when she smears dog blood beneath her eyes. The alternate head with blood will definitely fit with this set.

I should of held out and waited for the Daft toys head. [emoji23]

I just bought the two other rooted knockoffs earlier this week. I guess it is nice to have all these options.

I just rewatched the movie last night for the 1st since the theatrical release.

I forgot the Daft Toys costume is the only scene in the movie when she smears dog blood beneath her eyes. The alternate head with blood will definitely fit with this set.

Yeah, I jumped on both the Mr. Toys heads. Oh well, 35 bucks each isn't too bad. Will grab the Daftoys one too.

Yeah there's two different sets of these bodies, one seamless and one with joints. For Alita you'd be best getting the jointed version, since they'll be covered by the outfit anyway. And also because you can't bend the seamless arms beyond 90 degrees.

Thanks my friend, I went with the one you suggested. Got the one on ebay too because it showed the ankle options. It was also a few bucks cheaper. Thanks again.

Yeah, I jumped on both the Mr. Toys heads. Oh well, 35 bucks each isn't too bad. Will grab the Daftoys one too.

Yeah, you are right. when you look it that way, $35 is actually reasonable these days for a head sculpt.

It is not an apples to apples comparison, but some of us have spent hundreds for custom sculpts or limited run figures.

The Daftoys clothing set is up at TNS and OSK $103.

Outfit is a bit pricier than I expected, but I went and placed my order anyway as I really want at least some representation of her doll body in my collection. Even if it's only her hands. Lol

And that sculpt looks fantastic so far, with a much better likeness and expression than the HT. I'm definitely going to hold out for that one instead of paying for another HT head.

Thanks, i just ordered the set at OSK.

Yeah, $103 was more expensive than i had anticipated.

At certain angles the hair looks off on the Hot Toys sculpt, it looks paper thin when the hair should have a fuller look or more body to it.

For what it's worth, I asked on the Daftoys FB page if they could make the blue lighter like it should be, but who knows if they'll make the change. The outfit could already be well into production by now.

191a06cab5f5890c1c2b2ad671c9b352.jpg

I PO'ed the bar outfit from OSK. Big yikes at the year long wait though. Kinda nuts for what is essentially a barbie outfit.

SS will finalize shipping charges this Friday .so prolly by next weekish should be recieving my 2nd Alita .
40180f92053d1d2d28dfd9802bc97424.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got the same email. Charging on the 30th, a fitting day.
Yes indeed , now just awaiting for the daftoys sets to release . But in the mean time I'll display this one in berserker ,will give me time to admire it more and see if I'll keep her in this look . [emoji3166]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Could someone please enlighten me?
I'm interested in the Daftoys clothing set but I've never bought something like that before. Do they make those clothes to fit a particular Hot Toys or other body or is it more for just a generic 1/6 figure?
I ask because I don't have the Hot Toys Alita yet but I imagine the female 1/6 figures can come in a variety of heights. I see others have suggested some generic bodies that might be suitable but I was wondering how you know things won't be too long/short/wide/etc? And that the pegging will be compatible between the custom sets and figures?
Or am I overthinking this?

Back