Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I will definitely see Alita again before it leaves theaters, but this weekend Capt Marvel takes priority. And I wouldn't want to be part of that dumb challenge anyway.

Yeah, I was hoping to see it again on IMAX. But I think last night was the last night for it with Captain Marvel coming in, and I have a cold so wasn't really up for the movie. But definitely want to see it again the theater.

I feel like the design of the leather outfit is going to be a huge factor for me here. If it really inhibits movement or I'm worried about the outfit holding up I might just skip it. I'm intrigued to see if the leather outfit has some sort of internal padding, because it occurred to me if the material is too thin then it might mold to mechanical sculpt of the body, versus having a flat human body underneath to conform to. If that makes sense.

Yeah, no. As much as I love this movie, I want nothing to do with that. I'm sure I'll see Alita AND Captain Marvel several times.

This isn't about not seeing CM, it's more like see Alita and put off CM for another day. That's what the FB group I'm a part of is handling it.

As inaccurate as the sculpt is, I wonder if HT initially sculpted the prototype a couple years ago based on early concept art. The mouth also looks off to me, too wide.

Hopefully they are willing to make revisions on it, otherwise I'm gonna have to look into a custom sculpt. Maybe someone like nut pizs would take it on if there's enough interest, he does great work on detailed hair.

Well they already made one revision when it comes to the sculped hair, so it looks like they'd probably be open to making other changes. And the fact it's been a pretty huge hit in China might also make them want to get it right.

Well they already made one revision when it comes to the sculped hair, so it looks like they'd probably be open to making other changes. And the fact it's been a pretty huge hit in China might also make them want to get it right.

They also adjusted the shoulders. The original prototype had the skin area ending before the shoulder area (which is how it mostly is on the porcelain looking body). The revised versions have it ending on or very near the shoulders. This brings the skin area to the joints on the shoulders, which is accurate to the film. The skin shows in her berserker body when she is sleeveless.

maxresdefault[5].jpgAlitaBattleAngel_WetaDigital_ITW_06.jpg51132455_10156027056172344_7181714836839989248_o.jpg

Yeah the mouth is too wide. It’s a bunch of small tweaks so maybe they’ll do them all. Best thing to do is edit the current FB posts with everything we’ve noticed so far.

So now we have:

-Make hair shorter and adjust the shape
-Fix eye color and make iris bigger
-Decrease width of mouth

I find it odd that there doesn't seem to be a "Everything Included" pic for this figure? I'm intrigued to see what the heart looks like and how it attaches since in the movie it involves panels moving out of the way of her body.

Do you mean this photo?
5c8fefc9c93104a8894f4e311a3a6284.jpg

This is the only photo I’ve seen that gives you some idea of the heart and how it will attach...
728c72c314353d5999ea57f14a9c24cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the mouth is too wide. It’s a bunch of small tweaks so maybe they’ll do them all. Best thing to do is edit the current FB posts with everything we’ve noticed so far.

So now we have:

-Make hair shorter and adjust the shape
-Fix eye color and make iris bigger
-Decrease width of mouth

The other thing I would add is to make the lower eyelids a bit thicker like they are on the actress and Prime 1 statue. The HT sculpt barely has those at all, which just makes her look even younger than she already was.

IMG_20190307_161514.jpg

I wonder why HT is trying to make a new "sculpt" of the already made CG actor.
They already have CG 3D model for this one. Why not just use that?
Just add neck joint and eyeball socket and be done with it.

All problem solved!

This isn't about not seeing CM, it's more like see Alita and put off CM for another day. That's what the FB group I'm a part of is handling it.

Oh, that's cool then. As long as it's Pro-Alita and not Anti-something else, I can get behind that. :D

Do you mean this photo?
<snip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, thanks! I found the all-included on Facebook (it doesn't seem to be up on Sideshow?) but hadn't seen the heart pic. Looks pretty good, although perhaps not 100% accurate.

They also adjusted the shoulders. The original prototype had the skin area ending before the shoulder area (which is how it mostly is on the porcelain looking body). The revised versions have it ending on or very near the shoulders. This brings the skin area to the joints on the shoulders, which is accurate to the film. The skin shows in her berserker body when she is sleeveless.

I appreciate that they have to have articulation, but man oh man the skin being so broken up really bums me. I guess it's better than some sort of overlay that might limit the possibility. I don't know if there's a great solution. In a perfect world I guess we could have had two "neck pieces" that slid over before you put the head on. One that was unbroken and could be used for less extreme poses and one that stopped where this currently does and allowed for more poses. But, well, they're already committing to a lot of new tooling here I guess.

Agreed. I will definitely see Alita again before it leaves theaters, but this weekend Capt Marvel takes priority. And I wouldn't want to be part of that dumb challenge anyway.

while it's a nice movie i don't think i can stand watching the full movie multiple times without the option to skip some sections as the movie pacing is pretty slow and there isn't much of a big visual woo ha compared to other movies like Skyfall, Blade Runner, Terminator 2 where you'd rewatch just to see the details.

plot wise & acting is just average. the action sequence weren't really Bruce Lee or IP Man level, just alot of emotional based attacks.

if i were to rewatch it i would just watch the sequence where she had the white body just to look at the details. but just only once.

good movie, but nothing like T2/BR/Top Gun where i will rewatch it multiple times within a month. if the settings were darker, i might.

I was fine with the pacing, but would agree with the critics that it's not particular deep or complex, and was probably trying a little too hard to be a more mainstream action movie. But the central character and action worked so damn well that I can still see myself watching this many more times in the future.

I will say I enjoyed it a whole lot more than Captain Marvel, as that movie just didn't really work for me unfortunately.

I’m the opposite of potato with this. I can’t get enough of it. Three times in theaters and ready for more. I’ll be spinning that 4K disc all the time. :lol Occasionally the 3D as well.

Every scene with Alita she commands your attention and pacing wise I think it’s pretty good. Better with each viewing honestly. But Alita herself will have me coming back time and time again.

I’m the opposite of potato with this. I can’t get enough of it. Three times in theaters and ready for more. I’ll be spinning that 4K disc all the time. :lol Occasionally the 3D as well.

Every scene with Alita she commands your attention and pacing wise I think it’s pretty good. Better with each viewing honestly. But Alita herself will have me coming back time and time again.

maybe if the bad guys didn't look so generic. i find them boring. i don't know if the original design is similar. the only 2 characters i like are white body Alita and Bloodborne Ido but Ido did not have much of an action before he started to look uncool.

i wish the bad guys were abit more crazy, like Mad Max 2 crazy (the ones that are died too quick).

and the Motorball scene was abit too Michael Bayish i can't really see anything.

good movie but i prefer it more dark. the darkest scene i felt was the Old Church however the plot for that part wasn't that great. we all knew where Hugo's heading after the confrontation part. they could have wagered Hugo more to doll with Alita's feelings yet they decided to just give him a quick stab.

Back