Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Shared universe television wouldn't work for Flash like it does for Marvel's netflix characters.

That's more along the lines what I'm thinking. I'm not really a fan of the fact that DC essentially has two separate universes running concurrently: TV and film. I think it's cool how Marvel integrates all of theirs.

That's more along the lines what I'm thinking. I'm not really a fan of the fact that DC essentially has two separate universes running concurrently: TV and film. I think it's cool how Marvel integrates all of theirs.

And it's smarter cause they don't have to keep going back and telling the same origin stories over and over when they move from film to tv.

Its one of the things that separates the DC and Marvel's take is that Snyder has specified that the DC movies welcomes multiverse.
That's why he doesnt want Bale as Batman cause the Bale Batman does exists but in a different universe where there are no superheroes or any supernatural elements at all.
Same reason why he wont cast the guy playing flash on tv, it exists in a different DC universe.
You can look at it as DC's Ultimates.

Its one of the things that separates the DC and Marvel's take is that Snyder has specified that the DC movies welcomes multiverse.
That's why he doesnt want Bale as Batman cause the Bale Batman does exists but in a different universe where there are no superheroes or any supernatural elements at all.
Same reason why he wont cast the guy playing flash on tv, it exists in a different DC universe.
You can look at it as DC's Ultimates.

Yeah, my liking of TDK trilogy is what makes it easier to believe that DC can have separate universes. Almost like they have the all encompassing universe so to speak that the entire JL exists in, and then off-chute universes where only that particular character exists.

I still think it's pretty cool though how Marvel is able to tie it all into one.

Being a staunch Supes fan, I personally would have liked to have seen a Supes trilogy like TDK, where the rest of the JL doesn't exist in that universe.

Yeah, my liking of TDK trilogy is what makes it easier to believe that DC can have separate universes. Almost like they have the all encompassing universe so to speak that the entire JL exists in, and then off-chute universes where only that particular character exists.

I still think it's pretty cool though how Marvel is able to tie it all into one.

Being a staunch Supes fan, I personally would have liked to have seen a Supes trilogy like TDK, where the rest of the JL doesn't exist in that universe.

A Superman trilogy like that would be amazing

To be fair, the only reason Marvel has integrated their TV shows and movies is because none of the Avengers appear in the TV shows, they are mentioned on rare occasions but that's it.
Marvel TV is composed of secondary characters whose adventures do not interfere with the movies and vice versa.
The Flash and even Green Arrow are major players in the Justice League, synchronizing their stories on both TV and film would severely limit all creativity in either medium.

They feel like two-halves of a great vision to me, like Godfather 1 and 2. I'm amazed Snyder got all of the stuff he got into BvS, considering its a superhero blockbuster. It feels like the worlds-first art-house cape movie.

They cancelled it?

I must say MoS was a better movie than BvS. No plot holes there. Also Supes had no development or character moments on BvS which is ashame

Not to factor in Afflecks amazing job has the punisher, would have rather a MOS sequel, than the turd we got with BVS

I didn't think it was possible but I've gained a new appreciation for MoS.

Didnt you enjoy Afflecks punisher? and Grandma's peach tea?

They cancelled it?

I must say MoS was a better movie than BvS. No plot holes there. Also Supes had no development or character moments on BvS which is ashame

Yes, unfortunately.

I quite liked BvS myself, but after letting it settle in for a bit, I do think MoS was a better movie. Granted I've only seen BvS once so far and MoS several times. BvS seemed to lean more towards developing Batman, so I can understand why they would focus on and give him a bit more development than Superman since this was his debut film, being that Supes was developed in MoS.

It's a shame though because there's going to be at least another Batman solo film with Affleck, but no word on whether they are going to relaunch MoS 2.

Yes, unfortunately.

I quite liked BvS myself, but after letting it settle in for a bit, I do think MoS was a better movie. Granted I've only seen BvS once so far and MoS several times. BvS seemed to lean more towards developing Batman, so I can understand why they would focus on and give him a bit more development than Superman since this was his debut film, being that Supes was developed in MoS.

It's a shame though because there's going to be at least another Batman solo film with Affleck, but no word on whether they are going to relaunch MoS 2.

I'm just hoping Superman becomes himself in the movie. I still feel he hasn't "found" himself. He had a few moments in MoS like the end and interrogation scene. But he had no character moments in BvS

I'm just hoping Superman becomes himself in the movie. I still feel he hasn't "found" himself. He had a few moments in MoS like the end and interrogation scene. But he had no character moments in BvS

Yeah, I know what you mean. For the majority of the film, it did seem like he was still conflicted. So much so that he momentarily went into self exposed exile. That made sense to me though, being that he is dealing with the backlash from the destruction and mayhem caused by Zod in MoS. As they touched on in the film, you're going to have various groups of people who see him as a God, as a threat, as a symbol, as a sign, etc. I think after he came back from his exile though, he seemed to be in character and knew his identity. I think that was intended to set up the ending of the film, and it unfortunately took that happening in order for people (including Batman) to realize that he is indeed not a threat and gain their trust.

To me, Superman is the hero that the world needs, but not the one it deserves.

If MoS 2 ever comes to fruition, I have no doubt that he will be fully developed in his role by then. I think he already will be even by the next film (JL).

Back