Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:
I agree with this.

While I enjoy both cinematic universes immensely, I feel that DC's films cause me to think a little more in depth about what's happening, which is something I like because I like being challenged intellectually in that sense. Little details in their films can make all the difference in the world between understanding or not understanding it, so you really do have to pay close attention when you watch their films. Based on my experiences and encounters, I feel that there are several people out there who don't want films to challenge them intellectually to where they have to think about something; they would prefer everything be spelled out easily, so to speak, right in front of them because the purpose of them being at the cinema is to escape from reality for a few hours, which I can completely understand. DC's films are more serious in tone and evoke more emotion, while Marvel's have the fun and lighthearted aspect to them. I like the contrast between the two cinematic universes. If it was utterly demonstrable to me that DC was simply trying to copy Marvel, I honestly probably wouldn't enjoy their films as much.

Another reason why I think DC films are more susceptible to criticism is because their marquee characters have been done in depth before in film so there's something to compare these current versions to, whereas Marvel doesn't really have a basis for comparison with their characters. Aside from a few campy films (Captain America, Hulk), this is really the first time a lot of their characters have had a major portrayal on the big screen.

:exactly:

Intellectual depth is definitely not what would describe this movie...

let's not confuse easter eggs with intellectual.

I just watched Civil War. I'm not going to make spoilers. movie was really good and especially new Spider Man was best but... I really prefer BvS for 100%, dark atmosphere and tone makes it serious.CW was totally childish movie with horrible acting and dialogues especially Scarlet Witch was out of space.. Watching it was fan and I love it.its full with epic action. the only thing I disliked was soundtracks which are too generic.

P.S. Tom Holland is my favorite spiderman ever. his voice is just... I want to hug him.

I just watched Civil War. I'm not going to make spoilers. movie was really good and especially new Spider Man was best but... I really prefer BvS for 100%, dark atmosphere and tone makes it serious.CW was totally childish movie with horrible acting and dialogues especially Scarlet Witch was out of space.. Watching it was fan and I love it.its full with epic action. the only thing I disliked was soundtracks which are too generic.

P.S. Tom Holland is my favorite spiderman ever. his voice is just... I want to hug him.

Wait I'm confused, so you did or didn't like it? :lol

Oh come now. The DC cinematic universe leaves people with plenty to ponder and reflect on. Questions like, how does Zack Snyder keep getting work? How did his view of these characters become so twisted? What was he smoking when he thought Jesse Eisenberg would make a good Lex Luthor? How could he make a movie with Batman and Superman and not break a billion at the box office? Did Jimmy Olsen pee in Snyder's cheerios?

See? Plenty of meat on that bone to chew on.

Interesting.

Oh come now. The DC cinematic universe leaves people with plenty to ponder and reflect on. Questions like, how does Zack Snyder keep getting work? How did his view of these characters become so twisted? What was he smoking when he thought Jesse Eisenberg would make a good Lex Luthor? How could he make a movie with Batman and Superman and not break a billion at the box office? Did Jimmy Olsen pee in Snyder's cheerios?

See? Plenty of meat on that bone to chew on.

I can say I never once asked myself any of those queries.

Interesting.

I can say I never once asked myself any of those queries.

I have repeatedly asked myself how a movie with Batman and Superman in it--not to mention Wonder Woman--could fail to break a billion at the box office. BvS was a giant squandered opportunity and it will be very lucky to even make it to 900 million now that Civil War is out.

I have repeatedly asked myself how a movie with Batman and Superman in it--not to mention Wonder Woman--could fail to break a billion at the box office. BvS was a giant squandered opportunity and it will be very lucky to even make it to 900 million now that Civil War is out.

851 million is a lot of money in my opinion. Especially for the second film in a fledgling cinematic universe. Have you seen the film yet at all?

How many people here would buy a Bat-Creature Hot Toys figure? You know, the one from the crypt scene.

851 million is a lot of money in my opinion. Especially for the second film in a fledgling cinematic universe. Have you seen the film yet at all?

I saw Man of Steel and wrote off the Cavill Superman as a complete perversion of the character. After that I had no interest in seeing BvS. I'll catch it on cable in a year or so.

I saw Man of Steel and wrote off the Cavill Superman as a complete perversion of the character. After that I had no interest in seeing BvS. I'll catch it on cable in a year or so.

Do you/have you ever read Superman comics? Cavill's Superman - which, let's face it, is only what he's asked to act out is far from a perversion... in fact it is as much true to the comics as Reeve's Superman was.

I think the BvS Batmobile will not be produced. It may be used briefly in SS but I doubt it will appear again as the same car in The Batman film or JL. If it does it has a chance but feeling the ship has sailed. Hope not.

I think the BvS Batmobile will not be produced. It may be used briefly in SS but I doubt it will appear again as the same car in The Batman film or JL. If it does it has a chance but feeling the ship has sailed. Hope not.

It looks like it may appear as much in SS as it did in BvS - there is a car chase with the Joker, and Batman is seen carrying Harley to the car in the last trailer.
I also think the same Batmobile will appear in JL... a few modifications maybe but ultimately the same car.

I love the DC universe note simply because it speaks more to my sensibilities. The darker bite serious tone, it's brilliant. It's the same reason I adore the Marvel Netflix shows.

Not that I don't love the Marvel movies GOTG being my favourite.

I'm sure if they'll make the Batmobile, it will have no trouble selling. Best Batmobile on the big screen that matches what we get in the comics and arkham games. Batfleck was awesome to boot.

Maybe we'll see an announcement around Suicide Squad's release.

I love the DC universe note simply because it speaks more to my sensibilities. The darker bite serious tone, it's brilliant. It's the same reason I adore the Marvel Netflix shows.

Not that I don't love the Marvel movies GOTG being my favourite.

I concur.

While I greatly enjoy both the MCU and the DCEU universes, I do believe between the two, I prefer the more serious, emotional takes on superheroes as opposed to the lighthearted, comedic takes. As I've stated before, I love the fact that there is generally a dichotomy between the two universes though.

Do you/have you ever read Superman comics? Cavill's Superman - which, let's face it, is only what he's asked to act out is far from a perversion... in fact it is as much true to the comics as Reeve's Superman was.

I have no problem with Cavill himself. And I have no interest in debating the entirety of Superman's history or the fact that he threw a slumlord off a roof in an issue of Action Comics that came out 67 years ago. My point is that Superman should be a beacon of hope, a good guy who wants to do what's right, who was raised by good people who instilled those values in him. The Superman Snyder gave us was inimical to this. I have no interest in Snyder's Superman at all.

As I've stated before, I love the fact that there is generally a dichotomy between the two universes though.

I agree completely. I like that they're so different. There's room for both, and I happen to think they compliment each other.

But of course, this is the Internet Age so people have to pick a side and be as myopic as possible about it. :rolleyes2

Back