Hot Toys Batman figure comparison and ratings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit, the West is a huge letdown for me. The bodysuit, cape clasp, and neck articulation is rubbish. I don't think the likeness is that great either.

I havent picked up mine yet, despite having paid for it already (west Batman). But seriously, you think West is a huge down, Prof? Lots of people who got em thinks hes one of the best HT figure of 2014 / Batman figure.

My ranking:

QS 1/4 TDK Batman
DX 12
TF Batman Begins / BRuce Wayne (Cause I got a perfect, defect free one)
MMS 67

Never owned a 1/4, but saw the Enterbay figures at their store in town, and they do look good. So I'll rank order as well with the ones I have:
- DX 09 Batman '89 (agreed this is the best) - this is simply a work of art. I love it.
- MMS 218 West Batman - who can't resist West's Batman. This is a centerpiece at the moment.
- DX 12 Batman - I like this, but the others have the edge over it.
- MMS 155 Toy Fairs Begins - this is fine (my first HT Bats) .. It can't me with a busted ankle, but my store got me a new one. He doesn't pose well, so becomes a bit of a statue in my mind.
- MMS 140 10th Anniversary Demon - a very interesting figure that I passed on when first offered it. Glad I reconsidered and picked it up.

That's my list. Can't comment on others as I've never owned them.

I just realized I owned every HT Batman figure but I liked Medicom's TDK the most.

Heres my 2 cent. I known them all.

DX02 The dark knight (3/10)
Pros: the base, box, backpack
Negs: anything else! I own two of them. Bothe have oil at some place, belts change their colour to copper, no posability, too small... ... ... Headsculpt is weak, cape a pain etc.
Propably the weakest release in the whole Batman line, at least in my eyes.
If you can live with that (I have managed to by turning one into a medix and the other one is almost oilfree), you will get a figure that despite its issues displays very well and does not look outdated as the MMS 71.

DX09 Michael Keaton Batman (9/10)
Pros: great suit, NO issues, accesoires and headsculpt
Negs: posability is limited (which is movie accurate I thik), cape

DX12 The Dark Knight Rises (8/10)
Pros: costume is dramatically improved and a masterpiece
Negs: both headsculpts are pretty bad, backpack from TDK is missing, cape sucks
Personally I dont like the base either.

MMS13 Batman Begins ( numbered to 1100) ??
Just realized I didnt own that one.

MMS67 The Dark Knight ( original costume) (8/10)
Pros: the suit is a little more durable than the TF one, head, boots, gauntlets are the same, all in all a very nice figure
Negs: cape, belt, headsculpt (paint is outdated, sculpt is inaccurate), boots
The Wayne sculpt is not worth to mention. Its a joke.

MMS71 The Dark Knight ( The dark knight costume) (6/10)
Pros: still a very decent figure, no oily abs, great for posing, eg on the Batpot
Negs: belt, boots, size (buff)
There is no deny that this figure is outdated, yet it is still a very nice alternative, especially as a second Bats if you cannot afford another DX 12
Wayne sculpt see MMS 67

MMS155 Batman Begins toy fair exclusive 2011 (8/10)
See MMS 67
Pros: the headsculpt is painted a little better, first night out attire
Negs: the suit has a matte finish that tends to come off. I personally do like this look however, there is a better Wayne sculpt included, however still a joke.

Last edited:
All the ones I have owned in order from worst to best:

#4. MMS155 Batman Begins toy fair exclusive 2011
Was my favourite Batsuit for a time and was ecstatic to have my waitlist convert a year after release.
Pros: Nice, non pers eyes; Good faceplates; Two 'looks'; Solid Bruce Wayne sculpt
Cons: Chunky looking; Long cowl neck; Hard to make the cape look good; Fragile!
TDK costume took over as my favourite look and I was tired of owning a figure that I was afraid would fall apart. Sold.

#3 DX12 The Dark Knight Rises
Pros: Much more poseable and sturdy due to fabric/armour plate design; Good Bruce Wayne sculpt
Cons: Googly pers; Weak faceplates; Bruce Wayne sculpt turned out a little soft compared to other releases
I ended up selling this one after seeing the revised QS001 prototype pics from SDCC.

#2 DX09 Michael Keaton Batman
Pros: Overall, looks fantastic; Great faceplates; Nice looking pers
Cons: Rubber suit - restricting poses, fear of wear and tear; Edge on faceplates take away some of the realism; Hard to futz the wired cape
If you love '89 Batman, you need this. I'm not pleased with having a rubber suit figure and have considered selling it but it looks too awesome so I keep going back and forth on it.

#1 QS001 The Dark Knight Rises
Pros: Same as the DX12 suit - fabric/armour plates; Great faceplates; Incredibly sturdy joints and pegs; Single eye movement - no pers breakage; Great Bruce Wayne sculpt; Loaded with nearly every accessory you could ask for
Cons: Proportions can look odd at some angles; Single eye sticks take more time to line the eyes up; Will it ever have a companion piece?
It is absolutely the best Batman figure out there but it's not 1/6. It won me over to 1/4, but will it be alone in my collection?

DX09 all the way.

DX12 is a good figure, but the cowl really bugs me now that I have the 1/4. I haven't seen a DX02 in person yet.

I have a combo of MMS67 with the Toy Fair Cowl. I like the cape on the MMS67 a lot. Better than the other ones.

DX02
9/10 at the time, 6/10 now. Everything about it is pretty crap compared to DX12.

DX09
9.5/10.

DX12
9/10. Crap mouthpieces. Annoyances such as padding on the thighs when they didn't need to.

MMS13
NA

MMS67
10/10 at the time, 8/10 now. Could be more accurate.

MMS71
NA

MMS155
7/10. Worse QC, still the same exact suit as the previous version.

There's also the demon batman if you count that. I give that a 7/10.

Last edited:
I also love the DX09, but have issues with the rubber suit. My advice is to sell it ASAP before yours end up like mine! The rubber is coming to the end of its lifespan.

Agreed- 1/4 just does it all for me.
DX09 second and DX12.....easy to pick for me

+1
i've never interested in the 1/6 batman line line actually, because one purchase will lead to another and not all figures in batman line are fantastic.
i've seen a friend's DX12 but failed to see the good in it. But seeing this guy in quarter scale really stunned me, especially Wayne's sculpt!!!

imho, the pros are :
1. articulations are amazing
2. the body built feels solid
3. really nice detail in suits and accessories
4. headsculpt is by far the best in my opinion (due to it being a quarter scale, perhaps?)
5. accessories

cons :
1. cape not that great
2. mine comes with the torso armor (the strip below chest-plate) glued a little bit off-center.

i dont know why according to some people quarter scale looks like a doll ? (while sixth scale looks more like action figure?)
for me, it's more like a poseable statue. an exclusive pop-culture masterpiece sitting in my living room. each time some family or friends visit, it gets wowed, and makes me feel good knowing the money i spent on it gets appreciated each time.

For me:

1. MMS 218 - '66 Batman
Amazing figure all around, only minus is the suit (snags easy from what I hear, not yet on mine)

2. DX 12
I know it isn't perfect, but I really dig it. Looks great, has a better quality suit than the DX02

3. DX 09
Keaton Bats is awesome all around. Cape is a little tricky, but with futzing, it looks great.

4. MMS 155
I give this the nod over MMS 67 because of all the accessories it comes with. The only issue I have had with it is the weak ankles, but I have replaced mine and it looks and poses great now.

5. DX 02
A great figure with poor execution. The abs issue really knocks this one down for me.

6. MMS 67
An excellent figure all around, would be better if it had the accessories of the Exclusive one.

7. MMS 71
I really dig this figure, though it suffers from some serious accuracy issues. Mine had a busted shoulder, I fixed it. I end up using it to "play" with - I use it for extreme poses, such as something like the cover of The Dark Knight Returns. I have also used it as a source for parts like boots and hands when I need them.

I can't comment on the others since I have never owned them.

Back