Hot Toys Batman Begins V.1 v.s. V.2 - What do you think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the first version and sold it in favor of the new one. I am waiting for BigBadToyStore to get in my preorder of the Hot Toys Joker so I can have them both shipped together. I also have the Takaratomy version and I really like it. I have it in the ninja mode all the time.

Obivioulsy V.2 is a more superior sculpt and more movie accurate, but I have to say that I still enjoy my original first version. No doubt I'm getting the newer one, but the original only really had two big issues, the head and the cape. I took the cape off of my Takara ver. and put it on the original first ver. from Hot Toys and made a big improvement. I'm thinking of customizing the head a bit and it's a very good figure. In either case I'll say The new version is a must for die-hard collectors, but if your strap for cash, and does not make much a difference to you, play around with the original a bit and you can turn it to a better figure!:cool:

The first one really is amazingly bad compared to the v2. The progression is astonishing.

The v1 HT bats is not that bad, he may not be as good as the new one but he's still pretty damn cool if you tweak him a bit:
htbblit.jpg

i had V1 for a long time and thought he looked awkward and the head was misshapen. but it still had an amazing kickass suit (if a little fat looking).

but i sold it in december, around the time the supes/clark kent set was shipping. i took a big risk and predicted HT would do a rerelease of the old suit when they did the TDK figs. thought if i sold before any announcement i'd get more. and i did! yay me!

The v1 HT bats is not that bad, he may not be as good as the new one but he's still pretty damn cool if you tweak him a bit:
htbblit.jpg

Nice pic of V1 he still looks awesome. I think that some may forget that this fig and the superman returns fig were really the start of the new variants of Movie Masterpiece figs from HT and they have done an awesome job, if not for these starting off we may not be seeing some of the newer versions that are currently being produced. Like any product all companies strive to better themselves with every re issue they put forward.. both figs are very cool in their own positive way.... I have them both so I have the best of both worlds..

Fett1..............:D

maybe people want to hold on to the version 1 figure cause he looks like the vigilante fake that the joker killed

Back