Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My TDK V1 Batmans both had shiny rub marks on the back of their heads, presumably caused by the packaging. My OCs have minor shiny rubs on the necks too I think.

Here is the best picture I could get of the error on my Bruce head. I think they got some of the gloss paint that they use on the eyes on the forehead by mistake. In the right light it is reflective. It is not a paint rub.

Gloss.jpg

I believe the gloss on the forehead is due to the god damned protective tape HT used on his head. Anyone with the balls to attempt to remove the tape residue?

I believe the gloss on the forehead is due to the god damned protective tape HT used on his head. Anyone with the balls to attempt to remove the tape residue?

The reason I don't think this is correct is that it is reflective like the eyeballs. I can't see why tape residue would remain glossy unless there was still tape there (and there isn't). I don't think the tape glue will be reflective.

Point taken. Nevertheless, that sucks. I watched several vids and read this forum for several days to see what issues this figure could have before unboxing mine. It really helps to see what might be.

I know this is off topic, but I watched Karnis's vid of his unboxing of his Mark V and from his issue with the sticky wrist gauntlet, I was able to avoid breaking/detaching mine by simply forcing the gauntlet loose from the hand without damaging when you switch the hands.

Use lighter fluid. Will take the residue off without damaging/stripping off the paint.

Last edited:
Will a few of you guys check your and see if you have this issue? I have already contacted sideshow for a replacement. Not only is my suit have the dent but on the back there is this looks like a small tear.

Mine has the deformed suit...it is shifted to the right side and you can easily tell when the Bale head is on. The neck are has way too much space showing on the right...like it but will exchange it.

mine had the suit shifted to it's left side, but with a little adjusting, it's fine now. i would suggest gently pushing/pulling the suit to realign it. worked like a charm for me.

Hmmmm... I don't believe that, dominishin. For example, I randomly picked my Terminator John Connor figure, inspected it and I see absolutely no issues. I don't see any quality problems at all.

Up untill recently no figures have had glaring problems like the ones released recently.

Figures arent perfect, but of my HT collection 95% have had no problems.

Off the top of my head the John Connor velcro stopped sticking, the T600 arm is a bit loose that it wont hold the gun up very high, Blade had a small tear in the lining of his Bomber jacket - thats it, small problems. All others are fine.

Recently...

Spider-Man: stitched badly - needed replacement
MK V: Broken wrist, loose handguards, misty paint section etc.. - contacted SSC for a replacement

And they are my two most recent figures, i've got Shadow Predator coming very soon, and there are reports of loose fur, Superman after that with some possibly having lopsided S shields.

This leads me to HT not taking as much care as they used too.

I mean AM I over reacting to this area on the back of his suit? It almost looks like a tear close up! I know it's on his back and you cant really see it from the front but for some reason it really bothers me just knowing its there. Please give me some opinions and feedback!

It could just be indentation on the rubber. I would test it by trying to squeeze the area, or use two fingers to spread the area and see if there's a hole. Worst comes to worst, Send a picture to sideshow requesting a replacement and see what their response is.

I would also test everything out with the figure, test the joints on the knees, ankles and elbows and shoulders.

I mean AM I over reacting to this area on the back of his suit? It almost looks like a tear close up! I know it's on his back and you cant really see it from the front but for some reason it really bothers me just knowing its there. Please give me some opinions and feedback!

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Check your invoice one more time, and then ask yourself that question again :thwak

HT is becoming more mainstream. Prices are steadily increasing. QC is getting worst. YAY!

Not sure that them becoming the undisputed champ of 1/6th is the issue here...but maybe their response to demand might be.

Perhaps they have increased production and are using a couple different factories to crank these out. A new factory would have some growing pains when trying to produce such high quality toys. Particularly if they are use to cranking out stuff for other toy companies with less discerning taste.

Just a possible theory. But it might explain how they have been able to announce all this product and so far, they have had only a few delays. I mean in the past 3 months, they've released:

Mark V
Indiana Jones DX
Shadow Predator
Bruce Wayne Bats
Secret Project Mark IV
Tron Flynn
Superman (HK)
Captain America (HK)
Edit:
Thor
Odin
Spiderman
Goblin

That's an average of 4 figs a month counting back 3 months worth of releases :horror Edit: I missed 4 more!!!!!

I can't remember them ever pushing out that much product in such a short period of time. :gah:

Last edited:
I just bought the Indy He is in transit! I hope there are no issue's with him like my bat suit! If you click on the pic you can clearly see the rip up the back! I just was hoping a few you guys would check your's and see if you have the same imperfection if its something in the mold or it happened during production! Any pics from you guys of the same area for a comparison would greatly be appreciated.

Not sure that them becoming the undisputed champ of 1/6th is the issue here...but maybe their response to demand might be.

Perhaps they have increased production and are using a couple different factories to crank these out. A new factory would have some growing pains when trying to produce such high quality toys. Particularly if they are use to cranking out stuff for other toy companies with less discerning taste.

Just a possible theory. But it might explain how they have been able to announce all this product and so far, they have had only a few delays. I mean in the past 3 months, they've released:

Mark V
Indiana Jones DX
Shadow Predator
Bruce Wayne Bats
Secret Project Mark IV
Tron Flynn
Superman (HK)
Captain America (HK)

That's more than 2 figs a month...and I might have missed one or two :horror

I can't remember them ever pushing out that much product in such a short period of time. :gah:

This maybe a trend or it might be related to just this figure. Do any of the above figures have any notable QC issues.

They are still due to release 2 sucker punch figures, 2 city hunter figures, Jack Sparrow,1 avatar figure and Iron man mark 2 unleashed has been pushed back to April of next year. Not to mention all the new licenses they picked its a lot with out a doubt.

I hope we don't see a repeat of last years DX Batman.

HT is becoming more mainstream. Prices are steadily increasing. QC is getting worst. YAY!

I think I'll be pretty much done with Hot Toys after the figures from the Dark Knight Rises are released. There are only so many things that I'll be willing to drop $200 + on, anyway.

Back