Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- broken left boot

- broken left knee joint

- black paint blemish on one of the swappable faceplates (the goofy "DOOOOO" mouth)

- a few shiny spots on the Bruce Wayne head.

No suit problems.

So my total damage is:

- Paint rub on shoulder (from me and VERY small)
- Rub marks on both the Batman cowl and Wayne sculpt.

I have to admit, my OC Bats came with more damage than this. I'd say HT's should look into switching assembly plants, the damaged boots are clearly the result of poor handling. Or rough handling by workers.

Really? What was wrong with your OC Bats? Both of mine had tears in the rubber of the suit.

seems like everybody is getting the dent on it's right side of the body...i think it's the way they pull it out of the mold..i have it too :(

Mine has no dent on the side. Misaligned right kneepad and a bit of shine to the Bruce sculpt, but those are minor to me compared to a dent in the suit or broken joint!

Can anyone summarize all the issues this figure has encountered so that I could mention it to my cuz when he inspects mine? since he's not really familiar w/ these kind of figure so I'll just instruct him.

Thanks guys! :wave

Can anyone summarize all the issues this figure has encountered so that I could mention it to my cuz when he inspects mine? since he's not really familiar w/ these kind of figure so I'll just instruct him.

Thanks guys! :wave

- Left and/or Right foot/boot socket damage (the boot doesn't snap and fit into the leg)

- Dents and other deformities with the rubber suit

- Paint rubs on the headsculpts (mostly shiny spots)

- Broken true type limbs (my left leg snapped at the knee)

I assure you, if you inspect every figure you own with the same thoroughness, you'll find the same "shiny spots" and rubs on hands and sculpt.

That said, my batman is the most perfect condition. Be jealous!

I assure you, if you inspect every figure you own with the same thoroughness, you'll find the same "shiny spots" and rubs on hands and sculpt.

Hmmmm... I don't believe that, dominishin. For example, I randomly picked my Terminator John Connor figure, inspected it and I see absolutely no issues. I don't see any quality problems at all.

Hmmmm... I don't believe that, dominishin. For example, I randomly picked my Terminator John Connor figure, inspected it and I see absolutely no issues. I don't see any quality problems at all.

Speaking from experience, that's basically how it is with all the Batman figures. Every one that I own has some very small shiny spots, or tiny suit issues. The newest Batman - Bruce Wayne figure's issues seem astronomical compared to the others. I can understand a small paint rub, the rubber suits being very mildly misshapen etc, but this one is on the verge of deformed.

I'm not saying every single ____ing figure will have it. But I do no believe for one second every one of your figures are flawless. One of the hands will have a rub here or there that you didn't notice. A sculpt may have a blemish spot or two in a crevice you didn't notice. A misplaced button. Uneven pockets.

All your figures are not perfect.

I agree nothing is perfect, and certain things can be overlooked, but I inspect all my figures to the same thoroughness, and I haven't had any shiny paint rubs on previous figures. Hands, sculpts, or accessories.

I own every single version of Batman figure Hot Toys has released, and this is the first one with an obvious gloss issues on Bruce's forehead. Very annoying. What is Sideshow doing to remedy this?

Back