Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm pretty new to Hot Toys and especially HT rubber suit material, I have a question.
anyone here have their batman suit expanded or even leaking because of constant pulling or playing it?
I want to be as careful as possible because of the difficulty to get just one of this figure.
many thanks!:)

Last edited:
okay.... so the right ankle gave out.... does sideshow still give out replacement boots?

Don't know if you saw this on the Batman/Bruce Wayne thread. But here's how I fixed it.

OK, I have a mild case of OCD and even though the left foot wasn't broken I couldn't leave it like it was. Couldn't live with one boot having a TT foot and the other with what I thought was a black plastic boot foot like the right one. Imagine my surprise when I found a clear plastic one instead. Hot Toys must of know they had problems with their Batman Begins boots from the start and switch the material on the one that broke at the factory. Any ways the boot with the TT foot looked wide so I decide to change the left one too. Here's how I did it.

100_5395.jpg

100_5396.jpg

100_5397.jpg

100_5398.jpg

Can you explain a little...give a caption for the pics? Mine hasn't broken but I suspect they all are just ticking time bombs.

Here's what i wrote in the Batman/Bruce Wayne Thread.

Now this repair isn't for the faint of heart, lol. I figured I had nothing to lose so I just dove right in with my idea. Just about turned the boot inside out to do it, but got it done. Removed the black plastic defect foot inside and replace it with a TT foot. Know the photo shows a left foot but I put in the correct right one in. Had to pry it out by grabbing the heel with needle nose pliers and wedging a screwdriver under it. Got to be careful you don't break the sole when you do pry it.
What I did was turn the top of the boot down almost pass the ankle section. That's what I meant by saying 'almost had to turn it inside out'. I had figured, what did I have to lose anyways. Boots are selling for $60-$70. on eBay. And there's no guarantee they won't break too. Then I grabbed the heel with a pair of needle-nose pliers and wedged a small screw driver under neath the heel. Gently prying and moving the screwdriver forward at the sides of the black foot. Had to break the glue, but didn't want to break the sole of the boot. Like I said not for the faint of heart. Also by turn the boot down over the foot did stretch it a little, but it worked it self back to it's original shape over night.

Just opened mine last night, finally after having him so long. Really pleased with the figure, though does seem to be a problem with the left foot. It is loose, but still seems to stand and be posed just fine without causing and creasing on the rubber, so really happy with it.

Just opened mine last night, finally after having him so long. Really pleased with the figure, though does seem to be a problem with the left foot. It is loose, but still seems to stand and be posed just fine without causing and creasing on the rubber, so really happy with it.

Just don't try and pull the boot off, I believe that's what breaks a lot of them.

So i received mine today

i was happy as i opened it and was (awwed) at it
and then as i picked the figure up ... a boot falls down and saw a lil broken piece fall ..and then checked the other boot and it was loose

Just don't try and pull the boot off, I believe that's what breaks a lot of them.

As it is not causing any problem with posing don't think i need to examine it. But without examining it I can't say what is the problem. When I push the boot into the leg upwards, I feel like the peg quicks into place then when I move it it,s loose again. But like I said a causing me a problem so will just live with it for now.

I'm flipping mad at HT now.

I received my HT TF exlc. today and I'm so damn furious. It has somewhat a minute tear at the left armpit a little more flexing and this is gonna get big.

Secondly on the left arm, there's a line. (As if the suit was sealed on the outside rather than the inside)

I'm really getting ticked off. (I'll be posting pics in a bit)

Anyone facing the same issues?

Could have been the person you bought from, if you bought it from someone.

Dude, that's just the mold seam. Everyone has it.

I don't know how they would seal it from the inside and have different results (assuming they could do that in the first place).

I mean, I'm picky, but some of you guys are being REALLY ____ about this. If this is a problem, I don't think collecting is going to be good for your stress levels.

Last edited:
Dude, that's just the mold seam. Everyone has it.

I don't know how they would seal it from the inside and have different results (assuming they could do that in the first place).

I mean, I'm picky, but some of you guys are being REALLY ____ about this. If this is a problem, I don't think collecting is going to be good for your stress levels.

Bro i know it's the mold seam. Let me rephrase, so when i said inside, I meant having the seam where it would pass through the armpit rather than having it outside and making it look fugly.

And two i've attached a pic of the other arm as well. It has a Mold Seam but it DOESNT have a freaking road bump like this one.

Edit: Added a pic. Not so 'Obvious' Mold seam here :gah:

31012012053.jpg

Last edited:
Back