Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this Demon Bats trumps both of the above, but damn the HT version will look sweet next to one of these

bm2.jpg

You know, I'm a little confused that all these Demon Bat pieces have him wearing the actual armor, just damaged.

In this pic, Demon Bats is not a demon in a costume, it's his actual head.

vlcsnap10041245ju5.jpg

You would think the rest of his body would be his BODY and not a suit. It could look somewhat like the suit, but I think it would be Sans Belt, and be like it's his skin or something.

even in your pic it is really the distorted image of Batman in disguise as the poison makes the victim delusional and not giving him X-Ray vision :lol

Holy smokes... Who did that one it looks astonishing.

Bob Causey sculpted it

You know, I'm a little confused that all these Demon Bat pieces have him wearing the actual armor, just damaged.

In this pic, Demon Bats is not a demon in a costume, it's his actual head.

vlcsnap10041245ju5.jpg

You would think the rest of his body would be his BODY and not a suit. It could look somewhat like the suit, but I think it would be Sans Belt, and be like it's his skin or something.

i dont know the specifics, but i know HT and Bob sculpted both of their pieces based on shots produced from the studio, so the looks of them are completely accurate, but i think Bobs sculpt is a lot better. You also have to take into consideration that the Demon scene has a lot of CGI as well.

Bob Causey sculpted it

i dont know the specifics, but i know HT and Bob sculpted both of their pieces based on shots produced from the studio, so the looks of them are completely accurate, but i think Bobs sculpt is a lot better. You also have to take into consideration that the Demon scene has a lot of CGI as well.

Its pretty much irrelevant what the rest of the actual suit looked like if its never seen on camera. Whats important is that its scarecrow's hallucination of batman. It makes no sense that he would have a demon head, and a batman suit. I for one would think he would see his entire body as a demon. And wheres the sludge coming out of his mouth? I think the scarecrow figure looks great but the other one looks rushed to me. They took an OC batman and changed it from the neck up. And not very close to how it looked in the movie. This could have been an awesome whole figure if they have made an entire body, and would have justifyed the price.

PS - not hating on this figure - still think its cool - just a missed opprotunity IMO.

even in your pic it is really the distorted image of Batman in disguise as the poison makes the victim delusional and not giving him X-Ray vision :lol

The drugs make Batman look like an actual bat-demon and not a guy in a suit.

Scarecrow was still looking at a guy in a batsuit but the drugs in his system distorted his perception of reality resulting him to see his demonbat. The suit became the skin of the creature so you can say the suit is there or is not. But to insist its only a "body" and hence should not have any of the features of the suit would mean scrarecrow in his delusion would not simply distort reality but see beyond the suit and hence X-Ray vision ;)

The drugs make Batman look like an actual bat-demon and not a guy in a suit.

Yeah I'm not really following, Geil, but Sachiel pretty much nailed it.

Its pretty much irrelevant what the rest of the actual suit looked like if its never seen on camera. Whats important is that its scarecrow's hallucination of batman. It makes no sense that he would have a demon head, and a batman suit. I for one would think he would see his entire body as a demon. And wheres the sludge coming out of his mouth? I think the scarecrow figure looks great but the other one looks rushed to me. They took an OC batman and changed it from the neck up. And not very close to how it looked in the movie. This could have been an awesome whole figure if they have made an entire body, and would have justifyed the price.

PS - not hating on this figure - still think its cool - just a missed opprotunity IMO.

Agreed.

I think that anyone can only speculate as to what the body should look like, since I doubt they made any part of the body that wasn't visible on screen, for the film. There may be concept sketches, but even so, I doubt Hot Toys would've had access to them (and they still wouldn't be "canon.")

However, I definitely think the mouth area is problematic on the figure. In the film (as you can see in the screenshots), Bat-Demon's head is just an organic head, presumably seen as being made completely out of dark, demon-like skin - no mask or anything.

But on the figure, it looks too much like just a distortion of the real Batman (rather than the extreme of a demon, which is what Crane saw), especially in the mouth area. On the figure, you can see where the actual mask meets Bruce Wayne's face, as there's a definite partition or seam (sorry, the right word is escaping me at the moment). It's been exaggerated, to seem Demon-like, but the effect makes it look like a demon wearing a demon-like mask, rather than simply a naked demon-head as in the movie.

Do you get what I'm saying?

Also, I don't know how I feel about that belt. It's fine that it's there, but based on how the head was completely black, I would've assumed the belt would've been completely black in Crane's hallucination as well. I can't tell, maybe it's been shaded darker than normal? If not, I might just paint mine black when I get it.

A whole body demon - you've got to be kidding! Listen to the howls of protest that come from all sides when it comes to debating the figure details that are in the film, let along some artist's personal interpretation of what isn't in the film. There'd be endless sniping and snarling and nit-picking about this detail and that. As well, what are the chances the license would allow HT to take such liberties with interpreting what isn't ever shown on film?

HT couldn't really win with this one. I thought I would've love a Demon bats, until I actually saw it and lost interest. I think this character lends itself better to a bust and not 1/6. But it is an exclusive, and people should be happy HT had a go at it at all IMO.

I think this 2 figure release really sucks. honestly, first of all this would have been better if it was not a limited exclusive release, secondly if scarecrow only had a Cillian Murphy headsculpt with accessories, lastly the demon batman is just uncreative, why not just make Ra's Al Ghul.

Shouldnt he have light up eyes? if I remember correctly the demon batman had red eyes when everyone was hallucinating.

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with this Hot Toys update. The Scarecrow is great and it's a shame he didn't walk around for most of the movie in the straight jacket garb.

Otherwise, I think the Demon Batman is a cop out. I was hoping to see a Michael Keaton Batman or a Batman Begins Ninja Bruce Wayne.

since im getting one of those busts, im not worried about complete film accuracy with the Demon figure cause in all likely hood, the 2 collectibles will be the only ones ever made from that character, and i do love the look of him, but i agree the figure could look better. I wish they would add sludge coming out of his mouth, but we can only speculate what he should look like from chest down on the figure.

Back