Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same thing happen to me when I was bidding on a IM2 MK IV Led stand

I sniped an auction that was at $51 with my max of $60, raising the price to $55.

Sure enough, I get outbidded to $61 and the auction ended. Not 3 mins after the auction ended, I get an email from the seller/ebay for a 2nd chance offer of my original bid of $60. :mad:

Gah. You should've agreed, on the condition that they reduce the price to $55. If not, screw them. Let them either accept $54 from the guy you outbid or pay the Ebay fees for nothing and relist again.

People are so busy discussing eBay that they missed this!

TEASER.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Coming soon? why not just post it. We know what the figure looks like, it's been released. Hot Toys has already released their marketing teasers.

Coming soon? why not just post it. We know what the figure looks like, it's been released. Hot Toys has already released their marketing teasers.

Yeah I know but I haven't time to shoot this guy for the moment! It was just a bad pic with my phone! :)

They're bidding and if they win they retract. When they retract, their bid is deleted then they bid again, a dollar less then what the highest bidder has put in.

This makes the highest bidder pay the most.

That's just wrong, anyway you look at it. Here's an example.

Tick-Tock, you put in $370 dollars as your maximum bid. The current bid is $300, but nobody can see that you put in $370.

I come in and bid with only a minute to go. I bid $400 dollars. I'm currently winning, you're losing. I can now see that you put in $370 as your maximum bid.

With 30 seconds to go, I quickly retract my bid. Now you are winning again. Your bid is $370 and the current bid is $300.

NOW, I've just retracted and I bid again, this time $368 or $369 for good measure.

I just made you pay $370 dollars because I KNEW that's what you put in. Had I not interfered, you would have gotten it for $300.

That. Is. Wrong.

What makes it WORSE is that the person doing this could be a friend of the seller, or THE SELLER with another account. It seems very likely considering a good bulk of these auctions have this problem occurring.

Gotcha. Sorry, I'm relatively new to Ebay, I completely forgot that the highest bidder won't actually have to pay his highest bid unless someone gets a bid right under that. I've always liked that, made me feel like Ebay was a *fair* place: just 'cause you bid way higher than everyone else doesn't mean you should pay that if no one else is coming close. I totally didn't realize you could bid and then RETRACT that bid, that's an unbelievably large and egregious loophole in Ebay's system. It's kind of like the opposite of short selling stocks. Anyway, thanks for the explanation Di Fabio, and you're right, that's totally messed up and Ebay should do something about this practice. They're basically saying: It's ok to manipulate the market.

Gotcha. Sorry, I'm relatively new to Ebay, I completely forgot that the highest bidder won't actually have to pay his highest bid unless someone gets a bid right under that. I've always liked that, made me feel like Ebay was a *fair* place: just 'cause you bid way higher than everyone else doesn't mean you should pay that if no one else is coming close. I totally didn't realize you could bid and then RETRACT that bid, that's an unbelievably large and egregious loophole in Ebay's system. It's kind of like the opposite of short selling stocks. Anyway, thanks for the explanation Di Fabio, and you're right, that's totally messed up and Ebay should do something about this practice. They're basically saying: It's ok to manipulate the market.

The only problem is, the higher the final price, the more Ebay makes. So they don't have much of an incentive to do anything about it, since not so many people realize it can (and does) happen.

The only problem is, the higher the final price, the more Ebay makes. So they don't have much of an incentive to do anything about it, since not so many people realize it can (and does) happen.

Yeah, that's really messed up. It's too bad there's not some form of "indie" Ebay that could be trusted.

I just cancelled my order for this at Toys2. Much as I wish I could have it all and buy literally everything its just not possible. I already owe a small fortune, have other orders due in and this one would have added another chunk of debt so it had to go else I'd never catch up on my CC bill. :(

Its not a huge priority for me but who knows maybe sometime in the future I'll finally be able to appease the completist in me via trade here in the boards or something.

Back