Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But would he slap a guarantee on the side of it? You know, cause he's got that kinda' time.

I....don't know what that means.

And I wasn't trying to be nasty towards Jeff (though it does read nastier than i meant it....sorry Jeff!). He's got a crazy amount of knowledge about the hobby. But his HT reviews do get a little love-lettery. :peace

I....don't know what that means.

And I wasn't trying to be nasty towards Jeff (though it does read nastier than i meant it....sorry Jeff!). He's got a crazy amount of knowledge about the hobby. But his HT reviews do get a little love-lettery. :peace

It's a scene from Tommy Boy regarding the Guarantee Fairy. It was a poor attempt at humor on my part. :slap

I too respect Jeff's reviews and he has many a time swayed me to the buying side of the action figure fence, lol. So no offense meant to him, and I hope he didn't take it that way. The last thing I'd ever want to do is upset/offend a brother in arms in the world of collecting, we have so few friendlies in this hobby as it is. As most people think we're completely nuts. :cuckoo:

Okay, back on topic. I finally had time to take pictures of my completed Dark Knight Scarecrow. I still plan on making a Dr. Crane from Batman Begins, but I'm waiting on a neck post to arrive, lol. (I have all of the parts and no neck posts, lol) I'm going to build/customize the breifcase I got to hold a resin casting of his mask (folded to fit in the breifcase it will make more sense when I'm done) with his fear gas equipment/dispenser unit, but I'm done with the DK version, for now. I know now that the shirt is wrong (he should be wearing a striped one), and that I need to dirty him up a bit, but I'm going to have to wait until warmer weather so I can "dirty" him up a little. Here are the pics.

HPIM1301-1.jpg

HPIM1303-1.jpg

HPIM1304-1.jpg

HPIM1305-1.jpg

The suit is an accurate three buttoned one that I found I had by pure accident/dumb luck, I know the pockets are the wrong kind for the scene, but the buttons I'd notice more than the pockets as they're right out there in front. Hope you like!

Last edited:
Very diplomatic of you. I like Jeff Parker but Hot Toys could poop in a box and he'd write a sonnet about the aroma.

At least he doesn't whine about the clothes not being the right colour though or size or terribly inaccurate or by a minuscule. ¬_¬

Headplay's. It's on the way now (just got HK tracking number). I'll sculpt on a beard. Just need to make a sword/cane for him. He's on a slightly taller body so hopefully he'll look accurate size-wise.
Is that the liam neeson head thats on ebay. Looks like a great likeness and was wondering how easy it'd be to turn that into a ra's al ghul.

That's the one ;)
I'm assuming it won't be too hard. Will probably sculpt the beard on rather than just paint it.
Victor Zsasz's head and body arrived today:
14737014.jpg

EDIT: I realise this is the Scarecrow thread, so I'm going to move over to the Batman collection thread so I don't continue to derail the conversation... :peace

It's a scene from Tommy Boy regarding the Guarantee Fairy. It was a poor attempt at humor on my part. :slap

I too respect Jeff's reviews and he has many a time swayed me to the buying side of the action figure fence, lol. So no offense meant to him, and I hope he didn't take it that way. The last thing I'd ever want to do is upset/offend a brother in arms in the world of collecting, we have so few friendlies in this hobby as it is. As most people think we're completely nuts. :cuckoo:

Okay, back on topic. I finally had time to take pictures of my completed Dark Knight Scarecrow. I still plan on making a Dr. Crane from Batman Begins, but I'm waiting on a neck post to arrive, lol. (I have all of the parts and no neck posts, lol) I'm going to build/customize the breifcase I got to hold a resin casting of his mask (folded to fit in the breifcase it will make more sense when I'm done) with his fear gas equipment/dispenser unit, but I'm done with the DK version, for now. I know now that the shirt is wrong (he should be wearing a striped one), and that I need to dirty him up a bit, but I'm going to have to wait until warmer weather so I can "dirty" him up a little. Here are the pics.

HPIM1301-1.jpg

HPIM1303-1.jpg

HPIM1304-1.jpg

HPIM1305-1.jpg

The suit is an accurate three buttoned one that I found I had by pure accident/dumb luck, I know the pockets are the wrong kind for the scene, but the buttons I'd notice more than the pockets as they're right out there in front. Hope you like!

Really nice! Where did you get that brown tie if I may ask? I need one!

Hope my Scarecrow "custom" head show's up some day...

When did you order it? I got mine about a month after I paid, and the seller still has the page up on eBay.

On a related note I think I found the right shirt for my Dr. Crane/updated DK Scarecrow:
https://cgi.ebay.com/FC286-1-6-Figure-Clothing-White-Blue-Stripe-Dress-Shirt-/150575205838?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230efb4dce
I'm planning to do a "Clean" version for Dr. Crane and like I said I plan to "dirty-up" the DK Scarecrow.

Last edited:
What's this? Did you order one of those copies from HK?

Yeah. I've never bought a recast before, but I had a fairly lengthy discussion here about justifying it because I have already bought the licensed product.

I'm building a second figure for the suited look.

When did you order it? I got mine about a month after I paid, and the seller still has the page up on eBay.

I bought it Feb 27th. It was a pre-order - "estimate time to deliver is 7th March 2011."

So if it shipped the 7th, that's 11 days ago. How long does it take for a package to get to the US from Singapore?

I bought it Feb 27th. It was a pre-order - "estimate time to deliver is 7th March 2011."

So if it shipped the 7th, that's 11 days ago. How long does it take for a package to get to the US from Singapore?

I paid for mine on 2/10. It was shipped on 2/21. Arrived to me in PA on 3/4 = 11 days.

Back