Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know because they're Japan based and I asked them.

I bought Beat It MJ from them, they ship real ****in' fast (took less than 4 days from Tokyo to San Francisco) and pack well. Most reliable Japan dealer around. And I yes I got a certificate version like promised.

Though, the shipping costs may vary. E-mail them for a quote first.
I concur. I got the bats set from them, and other 12" figures. Great service.

So wait, the one I ordered from ebay (it's inbound from NY customs, should be here any day now) won't have the certificate of authenticity?

WTF?

Well, come on you guys. Yeah I'm going to open them and the certificate doesn't matter, but then again, it kind of does. We paid a premium price and it was a high end convention exclusive. If it's not that means that these are most likely a left over batch. That ain't right. I mean we know Hot Toys doesn't stick to their production numbers, probably, but this is a Tokyo convention exclusive, if they were numbered and had a certificate of authenticity, I better damn well get THAT version of it.

I know for sure my seller is selling it in an unopened, brown mailer box. If that dumb little piece of paper isn't in there along with the sticker, yeah, I'll be a little pissed.

I was under the impression that it was sold at that convention in an assortment considering it was an exclusive. Afterwards they were sent to Toy Hunter and the ones on ebay and other stores were from vendors/sellers that bought them from the show and Toy Hunter.

Should I be wrong in thinking this? The ones we have bought should have that paper and a number (unless we bought parted out or separate figures).

It's the principle of the thing. Which would you rather have, a SDCC exclusive Batman figure that's sought after with the SDCC sticker and/or a paper saying it as such or a figure without the information and most likely a different production run/different batch?

Last edited:
I know because they're Japan based and I asked them.

I bought Beat It MJ from them, they ship real ****in' fast (took less than 4 days from Tokyo to San Francisco) and pack well. Most reliable Japan dealer around. And yes I got a certificate version like promised.

Though, the shipping costs may vary. E-mail them for a quote first.

How much did you pay for shipping?

Actually, this was in my box:

cert.jpg

No man, and it's not a big deal for me. I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. So people who actually attended the event got an extra piece of paper? Good for them.

I don't know. There are lots of people out there who seem to actually enjoy their bootleg junk. Don't ask me how or why, though.

I've heard these rumors and more - there are some "people" who actually make things if they can't buy them! Without ANY certificates!:horror
Imagine - collectibles that are neither certified nor authenticated!:panic:

Seriously though I didn't know any of these came with a cert. Seems kind of silly since the edition size is so large, and even sillier to split it so that some get a number and some don't with no other distinguishing differences. Whatever, Hot Toys. Wha evah.

You guys don't have to make fun of me. I get it.

I really don't care about the certificate, it's the figures I want, true. But at the heart of this hobby, this is collectible merchandise.

It's not like the Hasbro or Mattel product where it can be a Toys R Us exclusive then Target, no. This was supposedly limited to the Asian market only. There's no reason why they all shouldn't be numbered with the certificates if that's the case.

One extreme would be those recasts of the exclusive T-1000 head. Would anyone here really want to settle for that? Sure, you're getting the headsculpt, but it's still not of the same licensed production run.

I really don't think I'm overreacting. If these were cheap $50 dollar toys, then hell yeah, I wouldn't mind and I'd be up to my neck in them not caring what was what or which was which. However part of the fun IS the collectible/value aspect of the hobby. It's a nice bonus to the actual figures.

Yeah, the boxes will most likely end up in my closet or someplace, but if I paid for the TOKYO HOT TOYS CONVENTION LIMITED EDITION ANNIVERSARY SCARECROW AND BATMAN I better get what all those ____ers got in Asia a few months ago.

Even if it's a simple number and a black card stock with silver copy and type font, I want it. The number and everything. We should be getting what we paid for. It wouldn't be any different than settling for the set, but without the extra hands for Scarecrow and Batman. I'm sure most of you still wouldn't mind.

Each Masterpiece comes with its unique authentication number making it a valuable and distinguishable collector item. This highlighted figure is guaranteed as being authentic and manufactured by quality craftsmen ship.

There's no reason why each piece shouldn't come with one unless they lied about it being a convention exclusive and made more than the actual number. If that's the case, why couldn't Hot Toys distribute these to the US, UK, and their other fan bases around the world? If there wasn't a certificate and a number, I wouldn't even care. But the fact that there are and there are some out there without them, naturally, I want the ones that are "official".

Surely as collectors you know what I mean. If I get mine and it doesn't have that crap, I'm going to _____ to my seller and maybe try to get a few bucks knocked off it.

You guys don't have to make fun of me. I get it.

I really don't care about the certificate, it's the figures I want, true. But at the heart of this hobby, this is collectible merchandise.

It's not like the Hasbro or Mattel product where it can be a Toys R Us exclusive then Target, no. This was supposedly limited to the Asian market only. There's no reason why they all shouldn't be numbered with the certificates if that's the case.

One extreme would be those recasts of the exclusive T-1000 head. Would anyone here really want to settle for that? Sure, you're getting the headsculpt, but it's still not of the same licensed production run.

I really don't think I'm overreacting. If these were cheap $50 dollar toys, then hell yeah, I wouldn't mind and I'd be up to my neck in them not caring what was what or which was which. However part of the fun IS the collectible/value aspect of the hobby. It's a nice bonus to the actual figures.

Yeah, the boxes will most likely end up in my closet or someplace, but if I paid for the TOKYO HOT TOYS CONVENTION LIMITED EDITION ANNIVERSARY SCARECROW AND BATMAN I better get what all those ____ers got in Asia a few months ago.

Even if it's a simple number and a black card stock with silver copy and type font, I want it. The number and everything. We should be getting what we paid for. It wouldn't be any different than settling for the set, but without the extra hands for Scarecrow and Batman. I'm sure most of you still wouldn't mind.

Each Masterpiece comes with its unique authentication number making it a valuable and distinguishable collector item. This highlighted figure is guaranteed as being authentic and manufactured by quality craftsmen ship.

There's no reason why each piece shouldn't come with one unless they lied about it being a convention exclusive and made more than the actual number. If that's the case, why couldn't Hot Toys distribute these to the US, UK, and their other fan bases around the world? If there wasn't a certificate and a number, I wouldn't even care. But the fact that there are and there are some out there without them, naturally, I want the ones that are "official".

Surely as collectors you know what I mean. If I get mine and it doesn't have that crap, I'm going to _____ to my seller and maybe try to get a few bucks knocked off it.

The thing is, the certificate doesn't affect the value of this set on the marketplace. It might for other things, but not for this one.

So no, it's not like settling for a Scarecrow without extra hands, because those do affect the market value. Try and sell one of those on Ebay - you'll find the price won't match the going price for a complete Scarecrow.

Back