Action Figure Hot Toys Batman Begins 1/6 or 1/4, DX or MMS, Wishlist General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you get a Hot Toys Batman Begins DX?

• Yes

Votes: 166 62.9%
  • Yes (Not pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 26 9.8%
  • No (No interest)

Votes: 45 17.0%
  • No (Pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters
Why do that when someone else can do it for you? I'm going to give it to you straight, my brother. We think that, somehow, this ****'s different because it's a niche, but, the truth is, this is just like any other hobby. Hot Toys are like smart phones. Every few years, something new comes out, and you can either watch your old one become obsolete, or trade up for a little less than what you originally paid.

Have you gotten the QS 1/4 Batman figure yet, the one you gloriously championed as Facebook Jawn (you should have got one for free for all the campaigning you did for changes)? Have you bought any of the 60s Hot Toys figures? What about the Armory Batman, you get that yet? You ****ing sold your poor DX 09 Batman off bro, now you have delusions of a new one! The irony is you're the biggest supporter of more Batman products that you don't even get!

A super duper DX Batman Begins figure goes up tomorrow, so what? I can already see what that ****er looks like in my head. You know why? Because there have been a ton of Bale Batman figures. It's sort of like how I can see the next Iron Man or Captain America you know? Yeah, it's different maybe even a little bit of an improvement, but not that much. The new Batman Begins figure will be relevant for a couple of weeks, maybe a year tops, before you have a new "Jeff12burq" or "batfan08" that's clamoring for a better one or wants one because they missed out. You know how it will play out. "Eh, the eyes are derpy", "hey, the face plates don't fit in right", "gotta get a new cape", etc. etc. Rinse and repeat. At this point, if someone doesn't fancy a low end or high end Batman Begins figure, their ideal version ain't never coming. You? You're back logged on a bunch a figures you want, a Begins Batman comes out tomorrow and it's on the bottom of that list. Tell me I'm wrong. Fact of the matter is, Begins Batman has been done. D. O. N. E. Not just once, not just twice, but a million times. People got the suit, they got his little mangler thingy. First night out crap? That was done too. Want a new belt or grapple? Go on ebay and pick up a dozen. He's got swappable face plates, Bruce Wayne heads out the wazoo. It's covered.

Now get outta here kid, ya botherin' me!

Wow much hate, know a place where we can buy a cheap BB figure? Also shouldn't you want more Batmen I mean your sig. and avatar seem like you love Batman a little. I only see Batman and Joker not other characters. BTW come back to the Robocop thread we miss you :love

I do have delusions of a DX 2.0 for '89. Though, to be fair, that's not the reason I sold it, and, honestly, my ideas for a DX 2.0 are more my delusions of a Gough Alfred and a Keaton Wayne. The "2.0" factor is more me saying, "hey, may as well improve rather than recycle," but you're absolutely right. I'm part of the problem, but, I don't know, we were talking about a return to non-superhero stuff if the movie craze ever dies down, but, the more I think about it, what hasn't been done, already? We talk about classic movie characters, but how many Godfathers or Scarfaces can you do before it gets old? I think it's just the nature of the beast. You make what's hot, it sells, and you make some more. It's an endless cycle, and there are tons of people who eat it up.

That being said, there are exceptions, though. That QS Batman that you brought up is the perfect example. I have no desire to ever see another TDK Batman in that scale, because they delivered all they could possibly do with that one. Outside of some QC stuff, I'd say the same about the '66 Batman. There's minor stuff that people talk about like the joints and stuff, but, again, they got so much right that I don't care. Same with the Armory. The Batman's not as good as I'd hoped it'd be, but I hear nothing but great things, and they got the most important faceplate right. So, again, I think it's good enough. I guess I'm contradicting myself, but I don't care; I'm just typing whatever stream-of-consciousness ******** that pops into my head, so, I may as well go all out, right? I'm going to disagree with myself and say that it's not as clear cut as technology; these things can be good enough, so, it's as much HT as it is us. There seem to be two camps who want this stuff: those who think it can be better and those who missed out.

I don't know, anymore. :lol

Also, I should add that I am backlogged as all get-out, and I think that detachment may explain my attitude. I'm just like "go ahead, put another one out; hell, put two more out. It's going to be a while until I reach that point, anyway, so, keep on improving and I'll see you when the DX 2.0 hits!":lol

It's not hatred. Batfan is my bro.

This dolly stuff though, it's getting out of hand. It's turning us into plastic whores. Nothing is ever good enough, people get pipe dream figures and they still want more. Robocop? THE SILVER ISN'T RIGHT, TOO BRIGHT. I WANT A NEW VERSION. Hnnnnggggg. My sig and avatar? I have collectibles of all those lil' ****ers when I think about it. It's a never ending cycle that literally doesn't seem to end. Feels like over saturation. Look at BTTF. Finally got a Marty and Delorean and the first thing out of peoples mouths are "WHERE IS DOC", "MOAR MARTY?". Seems like nobody looks at what they have, but instead, focus on what they don't. I'm also guilty of this.

Also, I'm using caps for emphasis, I'm not "yelling".

ok not yelling got it, um I'm not one of those people so please don't clump me in with them, sorry but maybe we need less batman in general, its not selling, give it a rest and new fans can get new sculpts like 5 years from now like they did with Robocop, and I want you in the Robocop thread cause I can't fight these idiots on my own man. I'm happy with Robo and I don't have him yet, I want a Doc. but would be just as happy with just Marty and the Delorean, I used to be in this board back in your time Luchador138 man, back in the days of Pitu, I went away I missed out on all these Batmen what do you want me to do? Sold my BR Joker V1 to pay rent during the recession, I can't help it that I want my collection back, but I don't need like 5 Batmen either.

I think I've diagnosed what's wrong with me: I'm too much of a Batman fan. I look at Robo, Han, and Chewie, and I think "wow, those are awesome!" I literally had a conversation with someone where I said "I question how much accuracy people need. I think it captures the spirit of Ford in that role, and, with the outfit, you could look at it on any shelf and know exactly who it is, and it'll still be better than almost any other Han action figure on the market." Could you imagine me saying that about a Batman figure?

I think I've diagnosed what's wrong with me: I'm too much of a Batman fan. I look at Robo, Han, and Chewie, and I think "wow, those are awesome!" I literally had a conversation with someone where I said "I question how much accuracy people need. I think it captures the spirit of Ford in that role, and, with the outfit, you could look at it on any shelf and know exactly who it is, and it'll still be better than almost any other Han action figure on the market." Could you imagine me saying that about a Batman figure?

Damn that's a good point, but if they just improved Han a little tiny bit I would be happy, but then again that's the problem, when some could argue that Marty has Asian eyes, but thank god no one has. The last thing I need to do is defend that figure and the Robocop one too.

Marty weirds me out. I think he looks perfect in the promo photos, but almost all of the pics of him by the Delorean from various cons have me thinking "he looks like a different figure!" It's all about the angles, it seems; he's like the action figure equivalent of a lithograph.:lol

Back in the days of p!tu, collecting was fun and a lot less neurotic.

Isn't it fun looking forward to things, hoping for stuff? I get your point, being neurotic takes all the fun out of collecting but I don't think its neurotic to want better stuff, even if you already have something similar. If you want the new stuff buy it, if you don't it's a great excuse to take the old stuff out again and enjoy owning it. Even if a new DX Begins comes out I won't stop regretting that I sold my OC Batman 'cause it was a great figure. But when the TDKR armoury comes out it'll be cool knowing I own the current armoury Bats.

Holy crap, man, that's you? I think I saw this video years ago. :lol If you still have it, it'd be cool to see you do another vid, a comparison between 1.0 and 2.0, in HD.

Nah I wish, not really but for the comparison video maybe, thank you if you did watch it. Um yeah I've been out of collecting for years, but Marty brought me back :D, by the end of Dec. I should have 5 new figures, my collection is growing quicker than the first time I got into this hobby. I now do Twitch videos but I'll get back into doing reviews once I get all those figs. in.

Funny thing is the BR joker was a huge hit when I posted it cause, I got it at a HK retailer and at the time most didn't do that, cause of price etc. but my biggest hit was my Gentle Giant Slave Leia review, oh man the comments I got for that video :cuckoo:

Dx16 batman begins suit[emoji2] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416668237.883089.jpg

北京国安;7346019 said:
Dx16 batman begins suit[emoji2]View attachment 147742

That would ****ing rock. Another reason why we need a fourth HT version of this suit - to go with the four 1/6 scale and 1/4 scale TDK suits they've done, including three DX releases - is that it's by far the more impressive suit visually, more iconic, darker, more stylised, more animal-like and with a more comic book aesthetic. The TDK suit is okay but it's really just a pile of body armour.

That would ****ing rock. Another reason why we need a fourth HT version of this suit - to go with the four 1/6 scale and 1/4 scale TDK suits they've done, including three DX releases - is that it's by far the more impressive suit visually, more iconic, darker, more stylised, more animal-like and with a more comic book aesthetic. The TDK suit is okay but it's really just a pile of body armour.

I miss mine :( the only reason I want them to make another one is cause every past version is expensive now, though they might charge over 300 for it, so maybe I'm better off buying one in the for sale section.

I miss mine :( the only reason I want them to make another one is cause every past version is expensive now, though they might charge over 300 for it, so maybe I'm better off buying one in the for sale section.

If they actually made a new one which was a genuine improvement you'd probably regret doing that though.

I wouldn't mind an updated 1/6 and a new 1/4 Begins size proportional to their QS001. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the Enterbay but twice it's burned me and HT has released a figure of something I was about to kitbash or get elsewhere, so I'm reluctantly holding back, plus the belt issue and slightly taller than the QS001 bugs me a bit. :(

A figure of a guy who is probably taller than Arnold Schwarzenegger, especially when wearing his outfit, shouldn't bug you. Rest easy. Arnold, 'without' his skin shouldn't be particularly tall.

Back