1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the matt-finish, yet what's with the all the short neck cowls , Suddenly looks like Uncle Fester in here. :lol
Because the stock Hot Toys one looks like a grumpy Pidgeon. Look how high the face is above the shoulders. More typically we describe that as being giraffe-necked but the pidgeon comparison is funnier.

LOL these are the options? Comes with grumpy Pigeon or pay extra for Uncle Fester. :lol

752eaa.jpg

Still curious if/how soon that saturated armor-all wipes or fades?
752sth.gif

752t4a.gif

752tdb.gif

Last edited:
As I look at the 1/4 figure in my display. Still baffles me how little the amount of crap they cared for this release....The 1/4 literally looks fine, from suit, body, headsculpt (only the cape is crap) and they could have easily copied it entirely and it would have been an actual improvement..Yet here we are

I did like the 1/4 scale from Hot Toys but still find the Enterbay more accurate.

For $100 bucks NECA did an incredible job on their's to. They got the matte finish of the suit, jet black cape and glossy gauntlets spot on.

The lack of simple research on Hot Toys part is truly baffling.

I did like the 1/4 scale from Hot Toys but still find the Enterbay more accurate.

For $100 bucks NECA did an incredible job on their's to. They got the matte finish of the suit, jet black cape and glossy gauntlets spot on.

The lack of simple research on Hot Toys part is truly baffling.
To be fair this is a more of a "lack of fs given" thing. Now if you slap a Marvel/Disney logo next to Batman Begins, I'm sure this would not have been the case.

You don't even need to do extensive research to pick up on all of those things. Literally a simple google search would have done the job.

1671629076919.png
1671629117842.png

Took a binder clip and got the cape under control. I have done the same with my Keaton's. Looks better to me.

PXL_20221221_153246418.jpg

The fact they never made Ra's suggests an indifference on their part to Batman Begins. They just want to appeal to the TDK preferers and maybe only release this suit at all because it was briefly in TDK.
The fact that their first sculpt of Ra's after 15 years was a ******* head stone for the QS base is all you needed to know of what they think about Begins.

KXPwSeu.png

I still don't understand why they didn't update the cowl. They updated their Iron Man so many times. :rolleyes: Licensing issue? I don't think so. But again what do I know.

07688DBB-BE14-4000-87C8-040B4A73D4EB.jpeg

Re glued the clips in better positions on this cowl. This is the best I can do until I can get a sculpt and cape

This body is fragile. Already seeing scuffs around the legs and I barely touched it.

If you don’t have a begins, Go for mms155. It’s the same figure, but at least you get a gun, better material, and no wired cape.

Reasons to cancel

- Not accurate cowl
- Shinny rubber and not sure about long term durability
- Crappy cape
-Have to invest more money to make it accurate
-Cost/Value. Not worth 280$
-Want to send HT a message

I spent a lot of time last night working on parts for this thing and I realized I really need to be grateful for this release. Seeing the initial solicitation for it led me to buy a PC, download Zbrush, have the Enterbay cowl scanned, and ultimately led to me learning what I needed to make my TDK cowl. Now I use like 4 different design software, have more 3d printers than I care to count, and have had my hands on a piece of the Trilogy's legacy, which was really cool.

This took so long to release I was ready to revisit the Begins cowl by now. I kind of knew this going in, but even screen used assets need some revision to look right. I was surprised by the way the mostly unedited Begins cowl looks printed. I think the nasal area gets stretched out and changes the shapes of the eye holes while worn. The Enterbay chin opening shape didn't sit well with me anymore either, so I revised that back to a more accurate shape.

We'll see how this looks printed, the overall shape is spot on but something in the face is off on my first prints.

Also, I know I'm oversharing but man trying to fix stuff like this makes me feel like I have some purpose :ROFLMAO:
First prototype.jpgRender.jpg

I spent a lot of time last night working on parts for this thing and I realized I really need to be grateful for this release. Seeing the initial solicitation for it led me to buy a PC, download Zbrush, have the Enterbay cowl scanned, and ultimately led to me learning what I needed to make my TDK cowl. Now I use like 4 different design software, have more 3d printers than I care to count, and have had my hands on a piece of the Trilogy's legacy, which was really cool.

This took so long to release I was ready to revisit the Begins cowl by now. I kind of knew this going in, but even screen used assets need some revision to look right. I was surprised by the way the mostly unedited Begins cowl looks printed. I think the nasal area gets stretched out and changes the shapes of the eye holes while worn. The Enterbay chin opening shape didn't sit well with me anymore either, so I revised that back to a more accurate shape.

We'll see how this looks printed, the overall shape is spot on but something in the face is off on my first prints.

Also, I know I'm oversharing but man trying to fix stuff like this makes me feel like I have some purpose :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 614020View attachment 614017
Great looking cowl! I feel like the eye plate for this in your previous photos makes it look a little off? Think the eyes look a bit on the big side. At least compared to the TDK version, although I imagine they might be pretty close to one another. 🤔

It's sad how bad Hot Toys has treated Begins. I rather they not release anything than just do the **** that they've been doing with this. Makes it obvious just how much they don't care about this line at all and just re-issued it to make it a quick cash grab.

At the very least, just shrink down your QS Batman and give people that in 1/6 format. You guys quite literally already did the work. Just scale it down.

Nah, let's just reissue a 14 year old figure.

x7BSAxC.png

Last edited:
Great looking cowl! I feel like the eye plate for this in your previous photos makes it look a little off? At least compared to the TDK version, although I imagine they might be pretty close to one another.

It's sad how bad Hot Toys has treated Begins. I rather they not release anything than just do the **** that they've been doing with this. Makes it obvious just how much they don't care about this line at all and just re-issued it to make it a quick cash grab.
That prototype was using a random eye plate I had in a reject pile from some pieces I made previously. Since they're a little rubbery I think that one is a little worse for wear from some experimentation. I also think the scan file's eye holes were way too open, I think Bale's cheeks push the bottom of the eye hole up a a bit and close it off. Once the next prototype is printed I'll test out a fresh copy of my eye plate and see if it needs any revision.

Eye details.jpg

That prototype was using a random eye plate I had in a reject pile from some pieces I made previously. Since they're a little rubbery I think that one is a little worse for wear from some experimentation. I also think the scan file's eye holes were way too open, I think Bale's cheeks push the bottom of the eye hole up a a bit and close it off. Once the next prototype is printed I'll test out a fresh copy of my eye plate and see if it needs any revision.

View attachment 614029
Looks great there! Yeah I think in your previous photos, the eye plate made the eyes look too big and wide open. Missing a bit of that squint that Bale had with his eyes 99% of the movie.

God looking at movie stills just makes this figure look worse and worse.

7h0maMU.png

Mg2Beuu.png

uIbLVFi.png

Looks great there! Yeah I think in your previous photos, the eye plate made the eyes look too big and wide open. Missing a bit of that squint that Bale had with his eyes 99% of the movie.

God looking at movie stills just makes this figure look worse and worse.

7h0maMU.png

Mg2Beuu.png

uIbLVFi.png
These capture my frustration perfectly. The nose looks different in each of these, as well as the sides of the chin opening, this cowl is just too flexible to get one sculpt that captures all it's looks. The screen used cowl gives me an accurate overall proportion and everything from the brow up and the back of the head stays pretty consistent so it's just a matter of getting the eye area and chin opening to capture an average of how it looks from scene to scene.

These capture my frustration perfectly. The nose looks different in each of these, as well as the sides of the chin opening, this cowl is just too flexible to get one sculpt that captures all it's looks. The screen used cowl gives me an accurate overall proportion and everything from the brow up and the back of the head stays pretty consistent so it's just a matter of getting the eye area and chin opening to capture an average of how it looks from scene to scene.
Hey. Contact me on Instagram. Iconic-FX. I can probably help you out with a few things related to the cowl. At least give you some insight into things you may not know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back