1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Modified by Jianghe. Just sharing
Body definitely heavily sculpted/modded
Suit "repainted", custom gauntlet
So it seems something good can be achieved if you're willing to drop a lot of extra money lol but that belt not being able to cover the lower abs still kills it for me though.
View attachment 613618View attachment 613619
View attachment 613620
theres-a-batman-batman.gif

always leave it up to custom artists to clean up hot toy's laziness. i appreciate the work these artists do to offer a premium option, but this shouldn't be the standard going forward as a "viable" option in having a good batman, especially the capes, let alone having to do body mods and get a new sculpt. not everyone is keen on dropping 1k+ for a 1/6 figure because the figure is subpar/poor from the start. at least the dx19 has some decent/good stuff to it but this is a pile of junk reissue. it always seems you have to get a custom cape whenever hot toys released their mess of one. one thing i hope inart will improve on, but it seems capes all across every company is a second thought across every scale. just means jaxon, unreal and other cape makers will be making $$$ which i don't mind, but id prefer not having to spend extra or more just so i can get a good product

theres-a-batman-batman.gif

always leave it up to custom artists to clean up hot toy's laziness. i appreciate the work these artists do to offer a premium option, but this shouldn't be the standard going forward as a "viable" option in having a good batman, especially the capes, let alone having to do body mods and get a new sculpt. not everyone is keen on dropping 1k+ for a 1/6 figure because the figure is subpar/poor from the start. at least the dx19 has some decent/good stuff to it but this is a pile of junk reissue. it always seems you have to get a custom cape whenever hot toys released their mess of one. one thing i hope inart will improve on, but it seems capes all across every company is a second thought across every scale. just means jaxon, unreal and other cape makers will be making $$$ which i don't mind, but id prefer not having to spend extra or more just so i can get a good product
:exactly:

Yes, we know it can be customized and drastically improved that way - but that's not the point. They just put no effort at all into this highly requested and loved Batman. After years of superior customs they still thought their work from 15 years back was good enough? That it warranted no improvements at all? Just wow.

There was money to be made here but they chose to target only the ''I missed out'' collectors when they could and should have tried for us all.

So it seems something good can be achieved if you're willing to drop a lot of extra money lol but that belt not being able to cover the lower abs still kills it for me though.
View attachment 613620
So essentially what we should have gotten as an improvement after 14 years on a figure.

Such a bizarre company..

I've mentioned it before but this rendition of the Batman is the only figure that I'm missing from the Nolan trilogy collection but I'm passing on it. It looks bad and it is just too expensive for what it is. I know that if I did get it, I wouldn't enjoy it on display.

No, no, no. You have to buy it because it's the only option available. You have to fix it because it can be fixed for what the figure costs or more.

While that repaint looks great, how does that affect articulation or is it just going to be stuck in a museum pose?

Yes...basically yes.
Does the artist have a page? Wonder if he straight up repainted the entire body or just did a solution like that alcohol rub one we saw a few pages back. Repainting the suit seems risky in the long term but who knows what material the suit is.

Funny how these customs pour in when this figure is released when they could be achieved with modding a mms155 or mms67. Especially when said mod is an all new head and an all new cape. Do these guys just wait until the final product to drop and show theirs?

Speaks volumes of the figure released. Basically need to be redone from the ground up.

Does the artist have a page? Wonder if he straight up repainted the entire body or just did a solution like that alcohol rub one we saw a few pages back. Repainting the suit seems risky in the long term but who knows what material the suit is.
He has one on instagram but has since gone inactive and shifted focus to Wechat only. He has done some amazing work, pricey but amazing.

As for the suit, I doubt it's alcohol since that just makes the suit/rubber more prone to cracking...although I could ask him what he did. This guy literally can elevate any figure though so whatever he did I'm sure he was pretty cautious

I've mentioned it before but this rendition of the Batman is the only figure that I'm missing from the Nolan trilogy collection but I'm passing on it. It looks bad and it is just too expensive for what it is. I know that if I did get it, I wouldn't enjoy it on display.
I’m starting to get that way across the board. Rather just not buy than settle for something I would ultimate not be happy with and have to try to sell off later

It seems our only hope to get a decent figure is if Inart makes it, and even then they're still an unknown.

View attachment 613620

Gosh darn that looks great!! :thud::thud:

He has one on instagram but has since gone inactive and shifted focus to Wechat only. He has done some amazing work, pricey but amazing.

As for the suit, I doubt it's alcohol since that just makes the suit/rubber more prone to cracking...although I could ask him what he did. This guy literally can elevate any figure though so whatever he did I'm sure he was pretty cautious

Ho that Superman repaint :thud::thud: Crazy how a repaint/recolor can make worlds of differences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back